e2W8Twn.png

After seeing a screenshot with a unit that had a helmet attached to the side and discussing with the creator (Riksen) I decided to turn it into an addon. Its written using functions and ACE iteration menu. You can use the functions to apply it to AI, examples are below. I plan to expand the mod to have more features but that will come later. It's MP compatible with a small bug. 

Current Features

• Sling Helmet to left/right belt.
  • Hide slung helmet on entering vehicles.
  • Auto add secondary headgear.

Planned Features

• Sling to backpack (vanilla to start with)
  • ACE/ Vanilla actions auto detection.

As this is a WIP I will update as I have made any progress and as always any suggestions would be welcome. It's a steam workshop release but I will upload to Mega soon. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=724653802

Functions Examples

[unit, "left/right"] call GEARF_fnc_slingHelmet;
[unit] call GEARF_fnc_unslingHelmet;
[unit, true/false] call GEARF_fnc_hideSlungHelmet;

If you wanted to have an AI sling their helmet to their left side you would use:

[unit, "left"] call GEARF_fnc_slingHelmet;

Change Log

0.1 - First Release

• Sling Helmet to left/right belt.
  • Hide slung helmet on entering vehicles.

0.2 - Auto Detect Secondary Headgear

• Detects any additional headgear in backpack and places on head when helmet it slung.
  • If you un-sling helmet whilst wearing any headgear it will add to backpack or place on ground if no space.

• Like 13

Congrats on release mate   :D

Are you going to be updating the non Ace version as well?

Amazing work Flax! You are amazing mate. I still dont believe you actually created this addon lol

• Like 1

Amazing work Flax! You are amazing mate. I still dont believe you actually created this addon lol

It's what is great about this comunity.An idea or concept suddenly appears from someone as a mod :)

• Like 1

Does this mean you can now wear a beret, after slinging your helmet?

Congrats on release mate   :D

Are you going to be updating the non Ace version as well?

Yep, that is the plan. Working on a way to detect if you have ace then switch versions accordingly. Hope to have it in next version.

10/10 :D Such a great idea!

Thanks, glad to know people want it! 

Does this mean you can now wear a beret, after slinging your helmet?

Yes, currently you would have to manually switch it out from your backpack/ vest but im working on a way to auto switch to a second headgear item in your inventory.

• Like 3

Great concept, will give it a try! Thanks dude :)

• Like 2

I've seen some custom scripts in action for this effect, in YT videos. A mod form of it is awesome.

For autodetecting ACE vs vanilla, rafael09ed achieved this in his Survivable Crashes mod. I would guess it's been done elsewhere as well. Good luck with it!

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30918

• Like 1

Nice work, it's the little things that make a big difference in breaking up the look of characters in games. This is perfect for that.

• Like 2

Working on a way to detect if you have ace

_aceEnabled = isClass(configFile >> "cfgPatches" >> "ace_main");
  • Like 1

Not sure if this is only the RHS Ops Core or all helmets but there is an issue with Cunico's Crye uniforms and this script..

NOTE: I vaulted so you could see it the helmet more. When I am walking or running it is just very hard to see.

20160715191657_1_zpspxvxkbbg.jpg~origina

• Like 3

Not sure if this is only the RHS Ops Core or all helmets but there is an issue with Cunico's Crye uniforms and this script..

NOTE: I vaulted so you could see it the helmet more. When I am walking or running it is just very hard to see.

Thats the issue I was having. So it is the Crye uniforms that cause it.Interesting. Because it happens with all headwear-mod or vanilla. Never though of the uniform being the problem.

_aceEnabled = isClass(configFile >> "cfgPatches" >> "ace_main");

Thanks will work into the next version :)

Thats the issue I was having. So it is the Crye uniforms that cause it.Interesting. Because it happens with all headwear-mod or vanilla. Never though of the uniform being the problem.

Hmm thanks for figuring out the thing that was causing it - without looking at the unbinarized p3d's I can't tell but i imagine it's the location of the lfemur / rfeumar that is causing the issues as the functions use those as the anchor points. That would make sense as most uniform mods use the standard Arma 3 models just re-textured.  I'll have to ask Cunico to see if we can compare the location of l/rfemur memory points to standard mem points.

• Like 2

Just tested it today Flax and it works flawlessly. Thank you so much again!

Love the new icon for it too ...

Cheers

Thanks will work into the next version :)

Hmm thanks for figuring out the thing that was causing it - without looking at the unbinarized p3d's I can't tell but i imagine it's the location of the lfemur / rfeumar that is causing the issues as the functions use those as the anchor points. That would make sense as most uniform mods use the standard Arma 3 models just re-textured.  I'll have to ask Cunico to see if we can compare the location of l/rfemur memory points to standard mem points.

That shouldn't matter if he will still use the default A3 skeleton, and no change to the named bones, or where they're placed, even the selection names are possibly the same.

If the helmet is attaching itself to a particular bone, as you've said L/R Femur memory points shouldn't really have moved either.

has anyone tried it on the other RHS custom uniforms?

this is cool. gonna try it when i get home!

20160715191657_1_zpspxvxkbbg.jpg~origina

That is interesting. How exactly are you calling and attaching it? Perhaps a selection on the opscore is not done properly...

The skeleton on the G3's are what's causing this, if you go in-game, use ace medical to find the leg of the soldier wearing the G3's, it will be extremely low on the body (not on the leg itself) this must have something to do with how cunico set up the skeleton of the model.

• Like 1

The skeleton on the G3's are what's causing this, if you go in-game, use ace medical to find the leg of the soldier wearing the G3's, it will be extremely low on the body (not on the leg itself) this must have something to do with how cunico set up the skeleton of the model.

Better question now would be are those Cunico's G3s from his pack or his G3s from RHS...

Better question now would be are those Cunico's G3s from his pack or his G3s from RHS...

doesn't seem to matter which- it happened to me with Cunico's G3's from his pack and with the Cunico G3's Vanschmoozin released in his warfighters pack.

doesn't seem to matter which- it happened to me with Cunico's G3's from his pack and with the Cunico G3's Vanschmoozin released in his warfighters pack.

Yeah that means it's probably the G3s from his pack that have this problem. I am curious if the RHS ones also have it... because if they dont he can easily compare the two p3ds to fix the issue.