Sign in to follow this  
ANGRY_FARMER

now that 1.62 is out...how roll back to 1.58 ?

hi all !

for technical problems with my server (desync 100000 post) i need the 1.58 dedicated server executable....but the code  " Arma3Legacy158" ...seems to no longer work !
how can i roll back to 1.58 ?
huge thanks !

• Like 1

You cant. They usually only keep the previous version up. 1.60 is still available. Whats the point in rolling back that far for a server anyway? Doesn't it drastically reduce your player base since most people are on 1.62?

• Like 1

you surely are right about player base, but right now not 1 player can join my server whithout desync 100000 ! so at least with 1.58 my friends can join and play togheter !
i need at least the server  .exe  file, no way to find it somewhere ?

Even if I knew it would be against forum rules. I would technically be providing information on how to acquire pirated software since Arma 3 and Server are only officially available through Steam. Have you tried 1.60 instead of 1.58 or 1.62? 

Welcome to the world of Steam. We all deserve what we get for buying into it.

I'm so disgusted with the BIS team, they're basically on auto pilot doing what ever they want. I feel like there is no connection to the community anymore. like back since the start of OFP. All they care about is pushing out expansions. They've pretty much abandoned ArmA-2.

This 1.60 ArmA3 update has discussed here also changed all the textures on every add-on I have installed. The default islands work fine, but all the add-ons have major gamma issues. They're not even playable. I can't believe it's been two months and still no fix. I have a product I paid for that that I can't even use. I am not spending another dime on any expansions until this issue is fixed. There are posts all over these forums with people complaining about the 1.60 issues, and what is being done?

Wow. I think my patented Bullshitometer just broke.

They've pretty much abandoned ArmA-2.

This 1.60 ArmA3 update has discussed here also changed all the textures on every add-on I have installed. The default islands work fine, but all the add-ons have major gamma issues. They're not even playable. I can't believe it's been two months and still no fix. I have a product I paid for that that I can't even use. I am not spending another dime on any expansions until this issue is fixed. There are posts all over these forums with people complaining about the 1.60 issues, and what is being done?

Of course they've "pretty much abandoned ArmA2" - ArmA3 is out. Very few (no) developers continue releasing content for games once the sequel comes out...That's the way life (and business) goes...

As to the "1.60 breaking addon islands" - Update your addons (e.g. CUP Terrains) and if you're still using AllInArmA please remove your cranium from your rectum and get with the times. This is not an issue for BI to fix. The new rendering needs to be patched in to addon islands by the original author(s). Stop blaming BI for "breaking things" when they're making changes to the back-end that will (and do) make the game look better. If there hasn't been a fix in the past two months for your island(s) then chances are there never will be and its time to either move on, or contact the author and get permission to fix it yourself.

"What is being done about these 1.60 issues" - You mean aside from the release of 1.62?

• Like 6

hello guys!

i'm really trying to stay constructive, but to be honest i have a bit the same feeling as Wavestar.
let alone the mods and all external content...they seems to be downgrading theyr own vanilla game.
for me (and thats personal taste for sure , but also a bit of "facts") the 1.58 was superior.
I dont want to start an offtopic about graphics and so on...but for sure,
the same mission (un-edited from february 2016) was running flawlessly for at least 8 people,
now (1.60 and 1.62) on the exactly same conditions (PC, connection ecc...) cannot let 1 player join whithout desync 100000,
and you know desync 100000 makes it totally unplayable. thas a "fact", not a personal taste.

even looking from a "vanilla game" perspective, in a matter of few hours of 1.60 (and 1.62) download, i've passed from:
"hey friends, i open the server, lets play"...to "sorry guys, desync makes aram3 unplayable, lets go on warband".

...as i saied i'm tryng to solve this trouble, asked the forum, even made a ticket, but no solution (they dont even answered to ticket).
right now i'm confined to singleplayer....and because i'm a multiplayer guy (thats my personal "limit / problem", ok)
i will probably be forced to play something else.
what makes me sad...is that was working perfectly with 1.58, was really happy with it, friends too...now forced to shut-off.
a bit sad :(

a big thanks to Benargee, that got a brilliant idea ! i'm searching right now ! finger crossed ! :)

Write the letter with the personal message to technical support. Problem of a special case. It isn't a problem of all servers. But the technique of definition of such problem has to exist, and to be available to the decision of users of servers. To wait for the solution of the ticket, can be long.

To be honest I have had no Issues with my 1.62 dedicated server with 25 people in it. Maybe you need to reset your server cfg files or something.

try Arma3Legacy160

hello guys!

benargee, on what connection are you ?
because a friend of mine with a 100mb connection has no costant desync too...the problem is that the same un-edited mission was working perfectly to mee too (i'm on a 7mb connection) with no desync (tested up to 8 people inside).
thats the problem !

thanks anyway !