MANTIA

Waypoint Activation Triggers & Headless Client

Hello!

Was creating a mission the other night that was a simple ambush the convoy on Tanoa along with an enemy quick reaction force. The convoy start was to be activated by a Radio Trigger and the QRF when BLUFOR was detected within a trigger area.

When the mission started up all the enemy units began on their waypoint paths as if the triggers were not there.  After a bit of troubleshooting I figured out that when I disconnected the Headless Client from our Dedicated Sever and reloaded the mission then the Triggers would fire when appropriately initiated.  

Any ideas on why the HC is causing this?  I have not had a problem like this before.  Something to do with APEX?

We are having the same issue, it seems that triggers are not HC compatible at all, as this happend Pre-APEX aswell. Hoping for a fix!

• Like 1

Well I would suggest that it happens because you are running a script transferring ownership to hc and the triggers are not "connected" to the AI anymore. Create the AI and triggers directly via script on the hc or adjust the hc-script.

A hc is not needed if you have less than 100 AI ( depending on your server ) In my opinion.

Well I would suggest that it happens because you are running a script transferring ownership to hc and the triggers are not "connected" to the AI anymore. Create the AI and triggers directly via script on the hc or adjust the hc-script.

A hc is not needed if you have less than 100 AI ( depending on your server ) In my opinion.

No script connecting the HC.  Was using the Werthless HC mod & now the ACEx HC modules but this problem is happening without those mods enabled or their modules placed within the mission. Just simply the HC connecting to the server is causing it. 

Has anyone came across an easy work around or fix for this yet?  

You probably dont need this anymore but for the sake of a final answer...You can use public variables and triggers to work around this locality problem. It also help(sometimes) if you are using AI mods and need to control some waypoints

Working in MP and dedicated

Init.sqf

goQRF = 0;
goConvoy = 0;

place a "move" waypoint for the convoy (where you want it to wait). Any behavior should work but recommend "Stealth" and "force holdfire" for ambushes.

- Condition field:

goConvoy == 1

Do the same for the QRF team - Condition field:

goQRF == 1

Now place your radio trigger - On Activation field:

goConvoy = 1; publicVariable "goConvoy";

And your BLUFOR detected trigger - On activation field:

goQRF = 1; publicVariable "goQRF";

• Like 1