Sign in to follow this  
sahloknir

Insignia in Virtual Arsenal and on Vehicle

Hello,

so i managed to get my insignia in arma 3. But when i open the Virtual Arsenal than i can't find it at the insignia section.

But it is ingame and i have it on my left shoulder.

This is how my description.ext looks like:

class CfgUnitInsignia
{
    class WOLF
    {
        displayName = "Wolf Troop";
        author = "Sahloknir";
        texture = "wolftroop.paa";
        textureVehicle = "";
    };
};

What else do i need?

My other question is, how can i manage it to get the insignia at a vehicle or a chopper?

I found this, but that helped me not.

Sorry for my bad english^^.

texture = "\a3\UI_F_Bootcamp\Data\CfgUnitInsignia\B_111thID_texture_ca.paa"; // Image path

you have to set the path correctly, you have to see where the .pbo file is,.  in the mission folder or in the mod folder

• Like 1

Hello,

but my path is correct or not? Because i can see my insignia ingame on my left shoulder.

But its just not visible in the Virtual Arsenal Menue.

Aaaaand i don't know how to make it available on my chopper :D

Hello,

but my path is correct or not? Because i can see my insignia ingame on my left shoulder.

But its just not visible in the Virtual Arsenal Menue.

Okay so, I had great struggle with this a while ago too.

First off, if you want it to show in arsenal it needs to be in a mod (cfgPatches)

Then you need to have a full, unrestricted arsenal to have access to insignias (Or you can test they work by using the Virtual Arsenal in the "Learn" Tab)

That should get you sorted with the steps above. If you still have trouble with that let me know.

There's an issue with the VA just now that shows the patches, but they don't show in the game. Nor does exporting the load out contain patches/faces or voices

You can't have them on Vehicles, for that you would need to use the Squad XML which has allowed that feature/function since OFP  B)

You can't have them on Vehicles, for that you would need to use the Squad XML which has allowed that feature/function since OFP  B)

If that is true, the documentation needs updating...

for visibility in arsenal add : scope = 2;

scope defines visibility : 0 is just for inheriting classes 1 is only callable by classname and 2 makes it visible in arsenal / editor and goes for all classes whether they are in cfgweapons , cfgvehicles or in this case cfgunitinsignia etc

for visibility in arsenal add : scope = 2;

scope defines visibility : 0 is just for inheriting classes 1 is only callable by classname and 2 makes it visible in arsenal / editor and goes for all classes whether they are in cfgweapons , cfgvehicles or in this case cfgunitinsignia etc

Partly true. There is also the scopeArsenal parameter which you can use in combination with scope to hide/show in the editor/Arsenal (e.g. scope=2; shows up in the editor but the same class can be hidden in the arsenal with scopeArsenal=0; and vice-versa).

If that is true, the documentation needs updating...

Oh thats news to me, i've always been under the impression insignia was only for infantry units, didn't realise it could work on vehicles. Will have to try that in the editor tonight.

• Like 1