Sign in to follow this  
victor26

L-ALT to Hold Breath Broken

I used to have Hold Breath bound to Left Alt.  Since the APEX update, the left ALT key does not seem to work to hold your breath anymore. There is pretty much no other key around WASD to use without remapping something that has been an ARMA default since forever. So I could make it Left Shift or something, but that will take forever to retrain myself. I know, first world problem, but if it is simply an unknown and easy to fix issue, that would be nice.  Also thought you may want to look into it as it may have broken others' key binds or key combos related to the Left Alt key.

holding RMB seems to be my default hold breath, can't recall mapping it to that though.

• Like 1

Default key is as already mentioned holding RMB while aiming down the sight. If you changed your default keybind check your settings and look if they haven't reseted,

as there was a new controll mapping added, at your first startup after you played the expansion for the first time it asks you if you want to use that mapping if you confirmed it obviously overwrote your

settings. So have a look in your controll settings.

If you have further problems, please report and we try to help.

Retch

Yes, I remapped it to Left Alt, but that no longer seems to work.  It doesn't seem Left Shift works either?  I'll have to have a look again.  I don't like it on right click, because if I am scanning a distant area holding right click to do so, by the time I find a target I'm dancing around like a drunk.  I'm pretty sure that was the first key I ever remapped and did so in a hurry!  I have tried mapping it to a side mouse button, but I keep my mouse super sensitive.  So it ends up hurting my aim more than helping as I push the button and turn forty-five degrees to the side...

Yes, I remapped it to Left Alt, but that no longer seems to work.  It doesn't seem Left Shift works either?  I'll have to have a look again.  I don't like it on right click, because if I am scanning a distant area holding right click to do so, by the time I find a target I'm dancing around like a drunk.  I'm pretty sure that was the first key I ever remapped and did so in a hurry!  I have tried mapping it to a side mouse button, but I keep my mouse super sensitive.  So it ends up hurting my aim more than helping as I push the button and turn forty-five degrees to the side...

check that your also not using ARMA3 APEX default keys too, mine switched without me realising after the update too. :O

Hello,

I have just tested the "hold breath" keybind with the Left Alt key a few minutes ago.

The Left Alt key is binded to the "look" command by default. If you additionally bind the "hold breath" action to the Left Alt key, the holding breath action does not work.

You have to change/delete the "look" action first before binding the "hold breath" action on the Left Alt key (and bind the "look" action to a different key). Then it will work.

For me I have the "hold breath" action bind on my Left Shift key. Even if I hold Left Alt for the "look" action and try to hold breath (Left Shift key) my player does not hold his breath. Seems to be an issue (on purpose?) with two actions at the same time.

Yep, that was it!  Thank you!  Must either be a new default for that key or maybe was something I figured out and changed a long time ago, but forgot.

Thank you again KoalaDSK!