Sign in to follow this  
KPABATOK

Update 1.62 graphical issues

After 1.62 update I noticed a massive increase in "flickering trees" when you watch them at distance. Uploading screenshots to show what I mean. It happens in Vanilla Arma 3, both Tanoa and Altis, so it is not a mod issue. After this update Arma 3 is almost unplayable, because instead of green trees I see white trees flashing constantly or sometimes no trees at all.

c4klQy6.jpg

elZu8pa.jpg

you see those white spots where trees supposed to be? They are flashing in and out 4-5 times per second. I doubt it is my GPU issue, since I haven't had such thing before, well not so big at least and it was not ever lasting.

Reboot. I had this after rdp to desktop, a simple reboot and everything was back to normal.

yes-i advise a reboot That is not supposed to happen

Hello,

this issue has its own feedback tracker ticket: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T118988

Seems to be a driver related issue of AMD GPUs.

According to the feedback tracker users/author you have to install the latest AMD Radeon Crimson Software 16.3.2 to solve these graphical artifacts.

Best regards

Thank you all! Will try reboot first. Yes i have amd 7770 gpu forgot to mention. Thanks again.

Thank you all! Will try reboot first. Yes i have amd 7770 gpu forgot to mention. Thanks again.

so did it solve it?

Also running a 7770, thank god i dont have this problem
I am however suffering from stuttering making the whole ordeal unplayable, something i thought i had solved (replaced HDD with a SSD and arma ran fantastic til last update)

so did it solve it?

Yes. But only after I re-downloaded and installed older Crimson version and disabled the updates. When I first tried, I downloaded the newest version, however it instantly changed my arma 3 resolution to some obscure nonsense of 1700x1100 or something, had to change it manually back to 1920x1080, then I noticed some errors and windows desktop manager stopping working each time I reboot my PC and I had Windows 7 permanently in SAFE MODE. Graphical issues were fixed ingame though but not despite noticeable FPS drop.

So next day I re-downloaded Crimson 16.3.2 version (the old one) and everything is back to normal now. Should have tried that initially, because once again I learn, newest software is usually worse software in many ways.

Also running a 7770, thank god i dont have this problem

I am however suffering from stuttering making the whole ordeal unplayable, something i thought i had solved (replaced HDD with a SSD and arma ran fantastic til last update)

Nice to hear that (not having graphical issues), stuttering is experienced by myself too. Not too much, but quite bigger compared to Altis. Then again, I play on a potatoe and have only 4GB of RAM which is quite noticeable. What's your CPU model and how much RAM you have?

After 1.62 I have crazy lods, stuff that is right next to me appear on the screen as low poly models.

• Like 1

I'm also getting various graphical glitches and FPS drops making the game damn near unplayable, wasn't this bad before the update.

SpartanSix,

Your record in 1080p and 60 fps could be one big source of low fps.

But yes i also think the game fps is a lot degradetad with the new release.

SpartanSix,

Your record in 1080p and 60 fps could be one big source of low fps.

But yes i also think the game fps is a lot degradetad with the new release.

What you see in the video occurs regardless of whether I'm recording or not recording. But it believe its the result of some mods I'm using since last night I played the apex protocol with a mate and there was very little fps drop or graphical glitches, so I have no idea what is causing this.

What you see in the video occurs regardless of whether I'm recording or not recording. But it believe its the result of some mods I'm using since last night I played the apex protocol with a mate and there was very little fps drop or graphical glitches, so I have no idea what is causing this.

Remove them one at a time (or remove them all and add them back in one at a time - either/or). You aren't going to know until you do so.

Turn the view distance down. Unless you are flying, there's no reason to have it higher then 1500.

That's been the easiest way to solve FPS for our group. Especially when playing on Tanoa or playing Unsung, a limited view distance makes no difference at all.

As to Apex, none of us have observed lower FPS since it's release. Most have seen better FPS since 1.60.

bonchie,

Me too, 1.60 was wonderfull in terms of FPS. 1.62 not.

I have a AMD R9 290X, 16 GB DDR3 and i7 4790K CPU.

I updated the GPU driver recentlly to 16.7.2.

What GPU you and friends have?

Not that i get high frames becoz my pc is a bit older but with my gtx760 i get no stutter.

I'm getting similar fps drops down all the way to 5.

Only happens with mods and when explosive ammo is being used (HE,arty,rockets), at least from my observations.

Once the shooting stops, fps return to normal almost immediately.

Cheers

• Like 1

I have noticed the flickering trees recently only when I was recording my gameplay. I am running the game on full settings so I am assuming that its just the overload on the system and the loading of trees being slowed down. 

Maybe try changing the video settings a little might help.

here is the full settings video.

https://youtu.be/gQXJXLloM28

I need to say Tanoa run smooth and is amazing.

This was my problem: Window FullScreen Mode.

I changed to real FullScreen and fps problems stoped.

Be carefull, if you minimize the game low fps can come back. If this happens just minimize again until its fixed.

This was my problem: Window FullScreen Mode.

I changed to real FullScreen and fps problems stoped.

The irony being with the majority of games now-a-days its the opposite that is true (borderless windowed mode offering better FPS than fullscreen)

• Like 1

My OS is Windows 7. It's geting a bit old... may be i update to Windows 10. But since Real FullScreen is not crashing anymore (it was crashing some time ago, this is why i changed to Window FullScreen) i will keep as is.

This white speckle bug goes all the way back to Arma 2, its been in AMDs drivers since January 2012 at least.

The workaround is to disable ATOC in the graphical settings, its that setting which AMD cards have problems with. I raised a bug with AMD many many years ago first in Arma 2 and then again for Arma 3 but they haven't responded yet, so its not really a priority for them. At least you have a workaround, it ruins the AA in the place you need it most (trees) but it does at least get rid of the white speckles that utterly ruin the game.

brightcandle,

In Arma 2, before the problem goes away with a certain driver update, i fixed it setting Aniso Filtering to Ultra. I never had this problem in Arma 3, but may be set Aniso Filtering to Ultra also fix it.