TrueCruel_Nobody

[Apex] Achievement "None the wiser" - how to get that?

Hi guys/girls!

Already trying for hours to get that achievement. But everytime I get near the road to the north-west and Raider-1 starts the chatter, they always say the extra part that I engaged the enemy (while I am still undetected in the forest)

What I have tried so far:

- killing all syndicats in the first camp and viper, not a shot fired once after it nor I got spotted

- evading all syndicats in the first camp, running fast to blue cap and then again into the woods - not spotted. In that try I only killed 4 guys, the viper team you have to. I got again at the evac point (with the same radio chatter that I engaged the enemy again near the road) and still not triggered. I managed even not to die once <-- this path took me 1 1/2 hours.

Am I missing something? I mean, how more stealthy you have to be?

Thanks for any help!

I registered an account here just to make sure this topic stays bumped and updated, I want an answer to this too! lol

Your experiences are similar to my own emke. When I first played through this mission I thought an "alarm" would be signified with some kind of actual alarm siren going off (there is an audible alarm in mission 3 if you get caught while blowing up supplies, so I thought this mission would be similar) As you know, nothing like this happens.

From having played the mission on 4 occasions with a variety of approaches without getting the achievement, I decided to take notes about where the enemies spawned and how I engaged them. I broke the mission down into 3 phases or "triggers" if you want to call it that.

Phase 1: As you described this is the village approach with reaching blue hat (or warlock in the briefing description) as the primary obj. In the village there are precisely 6 soldiers, 1 pickup truck /w turret (never appears to be manned) they can be easily picked off without alerting each other.

Phase 2: Begins with a cut-scene after reaching Blue hat and seeing exactly 4 Viper members appear. They consist of 2 snipers and 2 rifleman. Sniper 1 appears  towards the west of the blue hat building and continues moving north east to the edge of a forested area directly north of the village. If you exit the Blue hat building to the west side of the village while he is moving he will engage immediately. Sniper 2 appears appears roughly 50m east of the village and posts up near a barn beside the road. Both rifleman start moving through a field directly to the front of Sniper 2. If there are any Syndikat remaining (or if you simply chose to stealth your way to blue hat) they will go on alert and start engaging targets. What's most important about this phase is a red flare which is fired after the appearance of Viper team, regardless of whether the Syndikat have been left dead or alive. In all four attempts, in three of which Syndikat were totally wiped out, the flare was mysteriously launched (perhaps the flare came from Viper team? I doubt it, more on that in a minute...)

Phase 3: You are given your exfil order after "defending yourself" from Viper and scripted patrols start moving through all wooded areas in the vicinity of the village and the truck you have to reach. On my first attempt I moved west hopping from one forest to the next, carefully crawling past the patrols. When passing over a a forest road northwest of Namukava village a red flare was fired, shortly after I was opened fire on. On my second attempt I moved back to the insertion point and continued directly south to the shoreline, moving through the shallows and bypassing the village Namuvaka, I continued due west until I was roughly 250m south of the truck. From here it was a straight line to the exfil. During this entire trek I categorically encountered no enemy presence whatsoever.  Despite this I still got a message that Raider 2 had just encountered the enemy (which is impossible)

So that's what I'm thinking atm, I think the scripted red flare during phase 2 is somehow related to this not unlocking. As I've described, the only other occurrence of a red flare in the mission is during phase 3 which denotes the enemy has detected you. I hope I'm wrong and that some people from BI can chip in. But I've completed the mission in almost every way I can think of, from what I've done I think this may be bugged.

• Like 1

I tried it atleast 10 times till I lost my patience and cheated with zeus and teleport. It might be possible to place mines or charges where the vipers will walk into. Then detonate them without being detected. But again is it not get detected or to not alert the enemy??? Also when I crawled to extraction point and soon as I got into truck they said that Raider 2 made contact.

Got pissed off loaded up single player cheat addon. Removed all enemies with zeus then teleported from waypoint to waypoint and got achievenemt lol

how did you do that?

I used this fun mod to cheat my way through

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=410206202&searchtext=cheat

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/179688-simple-single-player-cheat-menu/

I got all Apex achievements except for

"Better With Friends" (Complete each mission of the Apex Protocol campaign with the help of your teammates.)

Completed all missions on multiplayer with other people but it didn't give me achievement

Also got the 2 hidden achievements if anyone is intrested

• Like 1

What are the two hidden achievements?

Also, did you complete the campaign with your steam friends or random people?

That it's possible with cheats does not matter for me. I want to achieve it the normal way and somehow it must be possible...

@wiki

There are 3 hidden achievements:

Warlock Down: Kill Warlock in 07 End Game

Fast Extract: Complete 05 Extraction within 20 minutes

Firestarter: Destroy all syndicat stashes in 03 Firestarter

The only 2 achievements I need are to play it through solo and this one, would at least be helpful if a dev could say if the trigger for the achievement works as intended or if it is buggy.

Edit:

Because it is really funny that you get always "detected" if you get near the road and Raider-1 starts the chatter.

I tried several hours, pretty much everything emke and Bartholomute did, to no end. I have the feeling that playing in Coop would make obtaining this achievement easier (one infiltrates, the rest stays outside).

Otherwise I am at a loss here, especially because I don't know what "alerting the enemy" entails. At this point it could be anything.

Edit:
Because it is really funny that you get always "detected" if you get near the road and Raider-1 starts the chatter.

I think the dialogue is caused by a trigger. There is no way that I make contacts in these positions: https://i.sli.mg/v32f4R.jpgUnless I missed the infamous Syndicate fishes, which could be an explanation.

Ok, so it works with the cheat addon.

However, you need to play in lan, not in solo.

Ok, so it works with the cheat addon.

However, you need to play in lan, not in solo.

Im sure using a cheat addon really is against any moral code there is and the spirit of the game.

Im sure using a cheat addon really is against any moral code there is and the spirit of the game.

Everyone as he/she likes. I personally want to get that achievement without cheating, but I also want to know how you can trigger alerting the enemy without actually alerting them.

• Like 3

1) I've spent too much time trying to unlock it. No clue whatsoever, I've given up.

2) As everyone knows here, the campaign is not be played in SP. I already finished twice in MP and I want to unlick some achievement in SP.

I completed campaign several times today on official servers with random people still no achievement. Must it be Steam friends? Too bad they only play CS:GO

I think they need to be steam friend.

I completed campaign several times today on official servers with random people still no achievement. Must it be Steam friends? Too bad they only play CS:GO

No they must not. I also got the achievement for completing in MP with random people.

BTT:

And please stay on topic people. This one is about the achievement "None the wiser", not other ones.

Just looked again in the steam achievements:

This one is the only achievement now that is at 0%. Could a dev look into this if this one really works as it should without cheating? Not necessary to write how to get it, just to clarify that it works and that it is possible.

Multiplayer cheaters should burn in hell. But singleplayer, who cares? "Achievements" are BS though, not sure why anyone gives a damn.

Ha! So it was a bug!

Fixed: It was not possible to unlock the "None The Wiser" achievement (in the Heart of Darkness scenario)

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/140837-development-branch-changelog/page-42

And thanks for fixing it :) now I am gonna try it again.

Update:

Yep, it works - got it now. I have done the way again where I just jump in quickly to blue cap and move out without killing any syndicats. Only those 4 vipers were eliminated.

Thanks again BI! This case can be closed now.

• Like 1

Ha! So it was a bug!

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/140837-development-branch-changelog/page-42

And thanks for fixing it :) now I am gonna try it again.

Update:

Yep, it works - got it now. I have done the way again where I just jump in quickly to blue cap and move out without killing any syndicats. Only those 4 vipers were eliminated.

Thanks again BI! This case can be closed now.

Hah, this is great news! I don't (and don't want to) know how many hours I spent on trying to make sense of this achievement. "None The Wiser" is a very appropriate name. Thanks for fixing this, BI! :-)

Edit: After unlocking the achievement I have to say that it almost felt too easy now. I had several situations I would only describe as "I messed up", but in the end I still achieved it.

Edited by brady_the

Hah, this is great news! I don't (and don't want to) know how many hours I spent on trying to make sense of this achievement. "None The Wiser" is a very appropriate name. Thanks for fixing this, BI! :-)

Edit: After unlocking the achievement I have to say that it almost felt too easy now. I had several situations I would only describe as "I messed up", but in the end I still achieved it.

I wasted several hours trying to get this achievement also.  But has the issue been fixed only in Dev branch?  If so, when will the fix be applied to stable branch?

I wasted several hours trying to get this achievement also.  But has the issue been fixed only in Dev branch?  If so, when will the fix be applied to stable branch?

Dev branch only atm, it'll roll out on next stable branch. Its not exactly worth a hot-fix...

Perhaps not by itself, but there have been quite a few other recent fixes to Apex playable content on Dev branch as well...

I wonder how many more people will bash their heads against the hard wall of the bugged achievement until BI sends the fix to the main branch?  :wacko:

Just did some testing (on the dev branch).

The first parts of the mission don't matter; you can raise as much hell as you want while looking for Blue Cap and dealing with the 4 Viper enemies.  You only got to stay undetected during the exfil objective.  Most likely, if you get the radio call from Raider 1 saying that "Raider 2 engaged the enemy" it means you're not getting the achievement; otherwise you're good.

• Like 1

^ ^ Interesting.  Without that knowledge, most people, including me, would have spent hours trying to stealthily kill the Viper operatives without alerting them, which is brutally difficult (at least on Veteran difficulty).  If what you wrote is true, the achievement objective should be changed to something like, "Completed the 04 Heart of Darkness campaign mission without alerting the enemy during exfil." Such a change would save players lots of headaches.

• Like 1