Sign in to follow this  
tomhighway

Implement better radio system in vanilla - please

Hi,

my buddies and me are trying to create a public server multiplayer game type and we've tried to trim the mod list to bare minimum. The problem is that even the tiniest difference in modset creates problem that basically makes people reluctant to join at all and give up early. We've brainstormed about it a lot and figured that the only solution to that is playing vanilla. But unfortunately, vanilla Arma is missing one very important feature - proper radio communications. Current VON in no shape or form satisfies any reasonable community and asking people to write down orders is ridiculous. ACRE2 or TFAR are examples of great radio communication mods that, IMHO, should be built in inside the game because without them, game is not playable, not in a way it was meant to be played.

• Like 5

tomhighway: If players are in squads then the group (green channel) will separate them for clearer comms.

Vanilla comms works ok with the various channels but it would be great to get at least some radio beeps/clicks.

It would be fantastic to get a more comprehensive radio system option in vanilla too.

tomhighway: If players are in squads then the group (green channel) will separate them for clearer comms.

Vanilla comms works ok with the various channels but it would be great to get at least some radio beeps/clicks.

It would be fantastic to get a more comprehensive radio system option in vanilla too.

The issue with channels are following: any soldier inside the unit (commander or no commander) can use the side channel. I can disable side channel for all (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext#disableChannels) or none at all. That violates the platoon structure as either squad leaders are unable to talk to each other or anyone on the side is able to talk.

EDIT:

Sweet Lord, I've been playing the game for few years now and only now I've found out about Command channel (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Field_Manual_-_Multiplayer#Channels). That's exactly what we need.