SpaydCBR

How to use Revive after update

Hello all,

It appears the Revive respawn template no longer works. When I start my misison it says something like "Revive respawn template was not found", and sure enough, there's no Revive entry under CfgRespawnTemplates (did they forget to add it?). I tried using the Revive options in the editor as well. That didn't give me any errors, but didn't seem to do anything.

Any thoughts?

This is what my friend is using and it's working.  It's not working 100%, there's been a lot of instant kills which is super annoying, but revive is basically working.

respawn = "BASE";
respawnDelay = 5;
respawnTemplates[] = {"Revive","MenuPosition","Ghst_recover_gear"};
respawnOnStart = -1;
reviveDelay = 10;
reviveForceRespawnDelay = 5;
reviveBleedOutDelay = 180;

I tried those exact settings and still didn't work. Like I said, it appears the Revive template just doesn't exist anymore, or it's somewhere else?

I get the message "[bIS_fnc_selectRespawnTemplate] Respawn template 'Revive' not found."

Yeah same for me, I get the "[bIS_fnc_selectRespawnTemplate] Respawn template 'Revive' not found." message too.

I'm making a Tanoa mission, but can't seem to get the revive template to work. Strange...

Make sure you don't have "End mission when all players are dead" checked.

Make sure you don't have "End mission when all players are dead" checked.

Nope, I don't have it checked.

Nope, I don't have it checked.

Yeah I didn't think that would make a difference. Like I said, the Revive template just doesn't exist anymore. If you go to the config file and check under CfgRespawnTemplates you'll see that Revive is gone!

Wasn't the new Revive stuff supposed to be one of the highlights of this update? Did they forget to add it? Haha :p

What do you have selected under Attributes -> Multiplayer -> Revive in Eden?

Last night I tried using the Revive settings in Eden and removed the "Revive" template in the Description.ext. It didn't give me any errors that time but it also didn't seem to do anything. My guy would just die and respawn with no bleeding out state. I remember selecting all the basic/default values for the Revive stuff.

I didn't change my revive settings at all, and everything still works perfect.

My ext file:

respawn = 3;
respawnDelay = 10;
respawnTemplates[] = {"Revive", "MenuPosition"};
reviveDelay = 8;
reviveForceRespawnDelay = 6;
reviveBleedOutDelay = 120;
respawnOnStart = -1;
disabledAI = 1;

I recall loadouts in the player unit init line (when they get revived, they keep the same gear they had). If they respawn they get original loadout equipment.

One thing I've noticed this time around: If youre in MP dedicated by yourself, it will skip the revive action and send you straight to respawn. It seems the only chance of getting the revive is if there are other players in the game that are on the same side.

Fire

If youre in MP dedicated by yourself, it will skip the revive action and send you straight to respawn. It seems the only chance of getting the revive is if there are other players in the game that are on the same side.

I have a feeling the default setting for revive type is "realistic" so that if you're hit with high caliber rounds or in an unprotected area you're just dead, no revive.  Haven't found the new revive settings for the new features in description.ext yet though.

• Like 2

I have a feeling the default setting for revive type is "realistic" so that if you're hit with high caliber rounds or in an unprotected area you're just dead, no revive.  Haven't found the new revive settings for the new features in description.ext yet though.

I have not found any new documentation either.

• Like 1

I can confirm that no "revive" respawn template is available at this time. I dont know why they did this and I do not know what system the campaign is using since the files are ebo. Would be nice for some more information on this.

• Like 1

I can confirm that no "revive" respawn template is available at this time. 

I can also confirm that Ghost smells like freshly baked cookies.

• Like 1

I can also confirm that Ghost smells like freshly baked cookies.

Ok, you two guys need to get a room.  :239:

• Like 1

New revive is need to be 2 players for work.

if only 1 player in game, he can't bleeding and just die regardless revive settings.

it mean you can't check revive work fine if you alone. even if multiplayer mode.

i hope that is change in later version.

• Like 1

if only 1 player in game, he can't bleeding and just die regardless revive settings.

it mean you can't check revive work fine if you alone. even if multiplayer mode.

I agree. We played in server last night, everything was perfectly fine. I do agree with Kylania that a large caliber round will drop you dead though. Depending on where it hits.

Fire

The mission we play switches up the faction you fight each mission, so we weren't getting revives at all when fighting Viper squads, but switching to fighting AAF with 5.56 rounds we were almost always getting the revive option.

I'll try that when I get home tonight.

i have been trying to resolve this myself all day... 

i have my descriptions.ext set up correctly. I have the template selected, i have it set up the way i want it in 3DEN. respawn markers etc. and no revive. 

I am at this very moment on my server with 2 others and i just was shot and died right off .. even with the basic revive selection selected.  

Any help from the dev's on this would be great!!

i have been trying to resolve this myself all day... 

i have my descriptions.ext set up correctly. I have the template selected, i have it set up the way i want it in 3DEN. respawn markers etc. and no revive. 

I am at this very moment on my server with 2 others and i just was shot and died right off .. even with the basic revive selection selected.  

Any help from the dev's on this would be great!!

Is it going straight to respawn , or are you laying on the ground for a little while?

-nevermind, i re-read your post. Sounds like you immediately go to respawn. If you have your .ext file like Kylania or I have ours (earlier in the thread) there is probably something else out of place that your overlooking.

Kylania,

We did some testing in server tonight and noticed a couple "new" things.

1. Minor damage to player: Health automatically regens by itself.   - there has to be a setting for this.

2. If we shot each other below the knee or out past the elbow, we didn't receive any damage whatsoever. Above the knee or elbow, and we needed reviving.  - not sure if this has something to do with the new "limp" configs.

All I got right now.

Fire

-edit: I wonder if the "no damage to extremities" is something to help reduce injury from team mates that have poor muzzle control...

I can't even understand how it's possible for it to be working at all for you guys. I mean the Revive template simply does not exist in CfgRespawnTemplates anymore. How do you guys think it's working for you then?

Well I should be able to find the code for it somewhere, right? If it's not defined in CfgRespawnTemplates, then where is it? Also why bother adding it under respawnTemplates in description.ext if it's not in CfgRespawnTemplates then?