pierreofthefrench

Game no longer starts from launcher after Apex update

Hi all, after 9.6 GB update for Apex, the game no longer starts. When I try and run the game I get the error

"Starting the game or BattlEye has failed."

If I disable BattlEye the game does start...so obviously it's BattlEye related. I tried downloading the 32-bit and 64-bit executable from their site, but still no luck. It doesn't seem like anyone else is having the same problem searching around online... Any ideas?

When I "Verify integrity of cache" within Steam, I get 2 files have failed to validate and will be reacquired. However, even after this completes, the original problem persists.

I do have several mods installed (like Iron Front 3 Lite and Battle Royale) but these are disabled when I attempt to launch the game.

Edit: Come to think of it... I did install Planetside 2 the other day... But I thought I played Arma more recently than that... I think they use BattlEye now. Wonder if it's related.

Edit2: Wow, that was brutal. Even running the .exe was giving permissions errors... Found through using Proc Mon that AVG was blocking the launch EVEN AFTER disabling AVG. Booted in safe mode and removed AVG garbage from my computer. Don't know why it chose now to try and mess with me... 

Not sure if I can mark as solved.

exact same issue bud i even reinstalled arma 3 and still no dice its bs but maybe BI can fix it, i did everything to try to fix it and nothing, and there is a hell of alot of other people with this issue trust me im 1 and ur 1 lol.

Did you start the game using arma3launcher.exe at least once first?  Before trying to use the battleye exe or any third party launcher?

i dont have any antivirus or antimalware or even windows defender or firwall activated and same issue.

and i only use Arma 3's stock launcher for launching the game and the second i hit play with or without mods it says, "Starting the game or BattlEye has failed."

and 1 last thing i forgot to say i validated my arma 3 install and it said im missing one file before i unistalled it the first time and now after reinstalling its says im missing 1 file and i know its a battleye file but all the battleye stuf in folder are the same as the stuff you get from battleyes download center

I have a friend with the exact same issue .. was working fine yesterday. Now it's doing this. Only thing I can think of is he installed the a3 launcher and started downloading lots of mods so he could play exile.... we restarted computer. Uninstalled arma 3. Reinstalled still missing a file. Uninstalled steam and everything that went with it mods and all.. reinstalled still same issue no mods nothing . Missing 1 file. I'm at work atm.. I'm going to see what I can do when I get home.. I was gunna wipe his comp but he doesnt has a genuine copy of Windows to reinstall from.. HELP SOMEONE

I have the same problem : "Starting the game or battleye has failed". I tried to delete the folder Battleye and arma3battleye.exe in the steam directory and then I "Verify the integrity of cache" whitout success. I also tried to remove Battleye folder from c:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/ and reinstalling battleye service from battleye.com, again no success. I hope someone will found a solution, however I will continue investigating on my side.

EDIT : I read the rpt of the launcher and I found that when I'm trying to launch the game :

2016-07-13 09:27:31,706 [ INFO]   1: ArmaExecutor [Launcher.ArmaExecutor.RunArma:0] Starting the game, process path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3battleye.exe
2016-07-13 09:27:31,706 [ INFO]   1: ArmaExecutor [Launcher.ArmaExecutor.RunArma:0]                    parameters:   2 1 1 -exThreads=7 -cpuCount=4 -skipintro -malloc=tbbmalloc -maxMem=2049 -noLogs -nosplash -world=empty -enableHT -mod=
2016-07-13 09:27:31,707 [ INFO]   1: ArmaExecutor [Launcher.ArmaExecutor.RunArma:0] 
2016-07-13 09:27:31,903 [ERROR]   1: ArmaExecutor [Launcher.ArmaExecutor.RunArma:0] System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Accès refusé
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at Launcher.ArmaExecutor.RunArma(String parameters, Boolean useBattlEye, BattlEyeLogMode battlEyeLogMode)

Sorry for the french language, so, It's appear that we can't access to arma3battleye.exe and when i'm trying to launch arma3battleye.exe without the launcher I got : "Windows can't access to the file, ...". So apparently windows himself can't access to the file.

Na. I will ask a mate to give me his arma3battleye.exe and I will try if it works that way.

I have the same problem : "Starting the game or battleye has failed". I tried to delete the folder Battleye and arma3battleye.exe in the steam directory and then I "Verify the integrity of cache" whitout success. I also tried to remove Battleye folder from c:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/ and reinstalling battleye service from battleye.com, again no success. I hope someone will found a solution, however I will continue investigating on my side.

EDIT : I read the rpt of the launcher and I found that when I'm trying to launch the game :

2016-07-13 09:27:31,706 [ INFO]   1: ArmaExecutor [Launcher.ArmaExecutor.RunArma:0] Starting the game, process path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3battleye.exe
2016-07-13 09:27:31,706 [ INFO]   1: ArmaExecutor [Launcher.ArmaExecutor.RunArma:0]                    parameters:   2 1 1 -exThreads=7 -cpuCount=4 -skipintro -malloc=tbbmalloc -maxMem=2049 -noLogs -nosplash -world=empty -enableHT -mod=
2016-07-13 09:27:31,707 [ INFO]   1: ArmaExecutor [Launcher.ArmaExecutor.RunArma:0] 
2016-07-13 09:27:31,903 [ERROR]   1: ArmaExecutor [Launcher.ArmaExecutor.RunArma:0] System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Accès refusé
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at Launcher.ArmaExecutor.RunArma(String parameters, Boolean useBattlEye, BattlEyeLogMode battlEyeLogMode)

Sorry for the french language, so, It's appear that we can't access to arma3battleye.exe and when i'm trying to launch arma3battleye.exe without the launcher I got : "Windows can't access to the file, ...". So apparently windows himself can't access to the file.

Have you tried running arma3 as administrator? 

Okay I finally resolve the problem. I don't know how in the details but this is what I did : I deactivated the windows firewall then I start IObit Malware Fighter (Which I already install before the APEX update) and then without doing anything my game works. After that I activated back the firewall and everythings work fine. Honestly I don't know what the problem was, I think it came from IObit but I'm not sure at all. Well tell me if you manage to resolve the problem. 

• Like 2

Okay I finally resolve the problem. I don't know how in the details but this is what I did : I deactivated the windows firewall then I start IObit Malware Fighter (Which I already install before the APEX update) and then without doing anything my game works. After that I activated back the firewall and everythings work fine. Honestly I don't know what the problem was, I think it came from IObit but I'm not sure at all. Well tell me if you manage to resolve the problem. 

Im not surprised to hear this resolved your issues, some virus checkers can be abit over protective.

• Like 1