phronk

Old 2D Editor Permanently Gone?

I prefer using the old 2D editor because it's faster (for me, anyway) and I can modify the SQM manually. One reason why editing the SQM manually is good is because if I edit the mission with a mod like Blastcore enabled, even if by accident, and save, the SQM automatically saves blastcore as a requirement to play/host the mission and I need to edit it out.

With the 3D editor, it's completely encrypted and my mission is basically fucked. I also have to re-place all objects that compose of a base I made in the 2D editor with the 3D editor if I export to the 3DEN editor.

Is there a way to just use the old 2D editor? And NO, I don't mean the 2D editor in the 3DEN editor...

you can untic a box in the options of eden somewhere to stop it from binarizing allowing you to edit the sqm file

• Like 1

Is there a way to just use the old 2D editor? And NO, I don't mean the 2D editor in the 3DEN editor...

From Spotrep 00058:

The 2D editor is now hidden (it can still be accessed by pressing the CTRL+O keys in the Editor Menu, but is considered deprecated and unsupported)

Ctrl-O as in Obsolete from the Editor map select dialog to access the 2D editor.

So question why was the checkbox not a default function seems weird to encrypt by default in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It's not default because it is not supported.

In the 3D editor press M for "Map" and in effect you are in 2D editing mode.

From the Three Big Buttons you click on Editor.  You get a list of loaded terrains.  While still blankly staring at that list you hold down your Left Ctrl key then you press O as in Old.  That will start the old 2D Editor and you'll feel the outer layer of your soul drift off in the form of a light shudder and a bead of sweat sliding down your lower back.

• Like 1