Sign in to follow this  
Mynock

Getting Back Keyboard Settings After Apex?

Just fired up Apex, noticed a message about key settings for Apex being different, and it appears everything is reset to the default controls including the old preset (which I hoped would have been my saved custom controls, but it's not). I'd set my keyboard up quite differently compared to the default controls, and to be honest it's been so long since I've done it I know I won't remember what I set every single thing to. Well, I should say I will eventually remember, but of course it will be when I go to press it out of memory in the middle of a firefight and get killed because the key doesn't do what my muscle memory thought it would, and then I will have a small cry.

Is there some way to restore my custom controls that I'm not aware of with the Apex update? I really dislike the default controls. It looks like the files in my user profile, the ones that end in .Arma3Profile, were all updated today when I started the game up (edit: actually my eden one was not, but the other two were, then again I haven't opened the editor yet so maybe they will reset when I open it), so I'm guessing I can't get my controls back through those files now...

• Thanks 1

Assumably that means all custom load outs will be vaporised too. As someone who plays with cursors and has to remap 90% of they keys this is a major P I T A ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this wioth Apex on table branch-today's release? I have been on Dev branch for several weeks and this did not occur there. Thankfully, as I use xpadder and that is a pain to set up.

Is this happening to others?

• Like 1

Is this wioth Apex on table branch-today's release?

Yes, stable. I don't much care for Dev or RC branch, however I did try out Apex on Dev for a day just to look around the map and it did not reset my controls at that time, which was maybe 3 weeks or a month ago? I don't remember exactly, but it was before the RC was available, and it was before all of the weapons and vehicles were on the Dev branch, I do know that. I just wanted to check out the map at that time.

I'll spend the time to try and remap everything if I have to, but if there's a method that takes a couple clicks to get it back, I'd much prefer that. I think this time I'll write down what I map everything to on a piece of paper because I fear this could become an issue in the future now. Shame on me for trusting that my complex controls would always just be there, it's foolish to assume computers and software remember everything.

Nope. I've never had this problem but after every patch someone reports this happening.

Since 2013 I can recall 3 occasions where the keys were fubared. Kinda resigned to it now... One can only hope they have seen fit to allow remapping g of Eden controls. Drives me nuts having one key profile for Zeus and another for Eden... Grrrr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this wioth Apex on table branch-today's release? I have been on Dev branch for several weeks and this did not occur there. Thankfully, as I use xpadder and that is a pain to set up.

Oh dear god I use Xpadder too and the idea of re-doing my custom binds....

Oh no oh no oh no....

• Like 1

Hi chaps,

On a similar topic to keybindings

Possible spoiler, its from the Singleplayer endgame showcase (not really, just don't want to upset anyone)

HghrA4I.jpg

these actions used to be done with holding down SPACEBAR which, as far as I care, more convenient. I however, cannot find or even start to consider where the hell to rebind this.

Any ideas?

UPDATE - Found they key bind needed to rebind.

bzaslxs.png

Yes, I took a short helicopter flight over Tanoa last night, and my Q key was normally raise collective (like a throttle up). That had been replaced by LeftShift and Q was left rudder, so I spun round like a drunk LOL. Then I saw the presets that I was on Apex preset, but if I went back to the Arma3 preset, my Q was still removed. So they definitely did not retain key bindings

Apex didn't change my key settings for the character I game as, but! a number of the new Apex stuff won't work unless you select the Apex key settings in the options. For example the "Ctrl+rightmouse" for aditional optics in some weapons/aircraft. & if you do change you loose the option to change the Apex keys to your previous settings, as it adds +joystick Z every time!!!

All my Keybindings are gone!

I played Arma 3 until March this year. Last week i got the Apex Update. Now all my Keybindings including Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS with Rudders, 2 Cougar MFDs, TrackIR5, including ingame settings for mods like TFR etc  are wiped out. As well as some game progress like bootcamp, vr training missions and challenges which shows undone, but i did them before!

I had a look in an older Profile where i found my old settings. Then i tried to copy them back to actual profile. But it seems not to work. All settings getting overwritten by Arma 3. There is no chance for now, to use my old settings.

What the heck?

This cant be, i dont want to spend again days to reconfigure my personal settings! What exactly does the overwrite now, when i try to use my old settings?

Please fix that!!!