Tipsi89

PVP / TVT GAME NIGHT WITH ZEUS COMMUNITY

Greetings from the Zeus Community.

I was wondering if I could arrange a night whereby the Zeus Community and another community would engage in a realistic PvP/TvT/A&D (or however you want to call it!) on a large scale (around 100 man). Even if you are not in a community it will be open to anyone who enjoys playing in a structured and organised way.

We are a casual milsim group focused on teamplay, tactics and realistic objectives. We have our non-addon game nights on Thursdays and Sundays, while our addon game nights occur on Wednesdays and Saturdays. However, we have many players active on the other days as well. We reckon we could muster about 30-50 people if this was to be organised.

If we were to arrange a TvT, I would suggest:

• We would have to find common ground with which to play with. For example, we use a range of CUP terrains and RHS units. I'm guessing at the very minimum we could both have task force radio and CBA.
  • The mission involved would be realistic and objective based (none of that CTF/invade & annex). We have mission makers who would be available to cater to our/your needs (whatever mods we decide to both use). We could play on our server and on our TS.

Basically, we can handle all the preparations, but we just need to find middle ground in regards to the addons to use and when we should host the event so that all can enjoy. 

At the end of the day, if need be we can start off with vanilla Arma3 with CBA and task force radio for our first meeting, just to get the ball rolling as smoothly as possible, and if it is successful and met with great interest, we can start adding more mods to our encounters. If you are interested and don't play with mods, we can still do this as well. Please let me know if you are interested!

Our Teamspeak Address is: teamspeak.zeus-community.net

Kind Regards,

Tipsi - Game Admin of Zeus Community

• Like 3

Check out the DTAS events on Arma 3 PvP community Steam group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/arma3pvpcommunity

While the objective is "not realistic", it is the closets representation of a realistic objective I could get without adding overly realistic elements that don't add anything useful to gameplay (that is, objectives that would create an incredibly imbalanced and non-competitive mission).

You can find some videos in my channel:
http://www.youtube.com/galzohar

They may not.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

Hello gents,

Thank you so much for your replies.

This is a new venture for our community and the first night was a great success and we thank all those who participated in the game night. I think our peak total on the game night was around 70+ players which allowed us to experience a much more interesting gameplay simply due to the large population on the server. We hope to continue this momentum further and that more people come to join the next event which is soon to be organised.

Because of the large amount of numbers that the PvP night reels in, we have a commitment to ensure that everyone has fun in a mature and organized fashion. Having said that, we have a very particular style of mission that we like to play which is militaristic with realistic objectives. I'm afraid the idea of capture & hold (although it is really fun) is not in the same wavelength we like to play.

At the moment we are not playing with any mods at all due to the barrier this creates to players who do not have the mods (resulting a drop in player numbers dramatically), but as our community night grows successfully both in numbers and gameplay, we will start introducing the idea of mods to add more depth to gameplay, especially TFAR and RHS for example.

joemac90:

Thank you for your response. This is a new venture for our community and we are not yet ready to start making adjustments such as the introduction of mods or changing the mission styles played on the night. However, we would love it if you could join us on one of our nights to see if the gameplay style is compatible with yours. The fact that you currently do not require mods to join should make it easy for any of your members to come and play with us.

galzohar:

Thank you for your response also. Like I have mentioned before, the zeus community likes to focus on missions that require real life tactics and teamwork to achieve objectives and I encourage you to come and play on our server just to see what I really mean by this. The style of gameplay is not only different, but we feel it can be much more rewarding to play missions of this style.

I would love to speak to both of you so we can talk in much greater detail. I will try your teamspeak servers every now and again to try and catch you both to see if we can come up with some kind of middle ground, but in the meantime, I thank you for you interest and I hope that we do eventually come to a conclusion benefiting everyone involved.

Our Teamspeak Address is: teamspeak.zeus-community.net

Hello Tipsi,

I have been looking at getting my community involved in a regular TvT event for some time, please feel free to PM me at our website to discuss this further.

Dachi @  http://carpenoctem.co/

or on Steam NoDachi18

Regards,

Dachi

Hi guys,

The next Zeus A&D Special Event Night will commence at 18:30 (BST) on Sunday 11th September (11/09). Thanks to those who joined us last time. We are hoping to make this a more regular event if we can consistently get the numbers up!

Our TeamSpeak Address is: teamspeak.zeus-community.net

Our ArmA3 server address is: servers.zeus-community.net PORT: 2302

No addons required.

Kind regards,

Tipsi

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Many thanks to all those who came and participated in the last TvT night. Thanks to both FUSION and Carpe Noctem communities, we managed to reach 100 players which allowed for an unprecedented scale of gameplay seen on ArmA3. The night generated a lot of positive feedback and due to the success of the night I'm pleased to say that this will now be a monthly event.

The next TvT night will be:

DATE: Sunday 2nd October

TIME: 18:30 BST

WHERE: Zeus Community #1 server

Our TeamSpeak Address is: teamspeak.zeus-community.net

Our ArmA3 server address is: servers.zeus-community.net PORT: 2302

No addons required.

Kind regards,

Tipsi