t_d

[BETA] ODOL Web Converter - Debinarize P3Ds for educational purposes

I want to present and test a little web service I made that allows you to convert binarized p3d files in ODOL format to editable p3ds in MLOD format.

Before anybody starts crying: This service is intended for educational purposes, so people can learn how stuff is done from examples. It specifically is not made to make stealing of content of others easy. Hence, the conversion creates slightly distorted meshes for complex visible LODs in order to render them useless for the purpose of redistributing the work of others. This is not allowed unless the author gave you permission or an appropriate license was provided with the original model.

Here is the service URL: https://odolconverter.t-db.de/

If you encounter any bugs or problems, please let me know.

So, enjoy :)

UPDATE:

I moved the service to a new server and url.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

This is pretty neat and extremely fast. Appreciate the obfuscation of source models. Here is an example of what this program can do:

gVxHSro.jpg

Website has been updated to also support ODOL Version 73.

• Like 3

I am on it ;)

• Like 3

Model Config extraction added. It's a first version so maybe there are some errors. Please let me know if you find any. Be aware that axis entries for animations are missing because these are not directly saved in the ODOL (only axis position and direction is).

I also hope that some conversion errors that were occuring lately are fixed now.

• Like 4

Would love to make custom animations for pistol press checks and rifle inspections if BIS would give me permission to do it.  Maybe add suppressors to the M320 and the GM6 12.7, as well as some other odds and ends.  I would give BI full credit for all models used.

Any thoughts?

Ask BIS ^^

24 minutes ago, H1S3R said:

How fix it?
Please help
pD-ehTAJ2Fk.jpg

Please read the part of the description again where it says "slightly distorted meshes" :€)

503 Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Is this gone?

Hoster problem.

Anyway to contact with creator ? send messages some weeks ago but not respond .

I need this tool to repair some objects from our map.

Please help¡¡¡¡

On 30. 6. 2017 at 2:58 PM, t_d said:

Hoster problem.

@t_d Ping me if you need hosting. Also it will be great if you can share code on GitHub or something similar.

3 hours ago, retrocz said:

@t_d Ping me if you need hosting. Also it will be great if you can share code on GitHub or something similar.

If he would publish how he cracks the ODOLs he would get in BIG trouble with BI ;)

Sry for the long delay, but the service is up again.

• Like 4

At least not anymore.