Sign in to follow this  
KamenRiderOOO

is it possible to make stealth mission? i need it for My MP mission.

hi i'm new here. i was tying to make stealth mission but i don't know how to make it. is it possible to decrease and delay ai detection to make stealth mission? because they could see me and my friend at 500m, which is too much for me.

thank you.

You can forcefully set the detection state of an AI by using

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/reveal

like this:

_aiUnit reveal [player, 0];

Use this as a starting point.

revealing a target unit with a value of 0 will reveal 0 information about it.

It doesn't make a unit forget its target. It only reveals information about it.

If the revealed unit is not known by the side of the unit receiving that information it will be automatically set to 1.

So not the command you want to use at all.

A good approach would be to set the stealthed unit as captive and set the captive state to false if the stealthed unit has been detected/triggered an alarm etc.

Cheers

• Like 1

Also, try the latest dev branch. It has some improvements that make AI detection more human-like. They'll still spot you if you make a racket of light yourself up, but if you're at night, keeping your head low and have no lights on, they'll be pretty much in the dark. :) The "Night" showcase is actually doable now. Another trick is removing their NVGs. Give them flashlights (as opposed to IR lasers they tend to have) if you want some degree of challenge. And of course, make sure it's actually dark enough to use stealth. Sneaking around in broad daylight is rather hard. :)

revealing a target unit with a value of 0 will reveal 0 information about it.

It doesn't make a unit forget its target. It only reveals information about it.

If the revealed unit is not known by the side of the unit receiving that information it will be automatically set to 1.

So not the command you want to use at all.

A good approach would be to set the stealthed unit as captive and set the captive state to false if the stealthed unit has been detected/triggered an alarm etc.

Cheers

Ahhh overread the 

The knowledge level can only be increased, not decreased by this command. 

Thanks for clearifying

//Edit found something after diggin into it a bit:

You can change knowsabout although it's a little clumsy.

[unit] join grpnull;

will reset knowsabout to zero but it also removes waypoints and if the unit can still see the object it resets to what it can currently see.

Use https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setCaptive as Grumpy described.

Make use of https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/AI_Sub-skills to change his behaivior

and to reset knowsAbout use what the quote says, maybe copy over all waypoints n stuff and reapply them afterwards.

• Like 1

You can check the stance of the player and set the unit traits accordingly. Works really well.

One should definetly gather all those ideas and concept into a stealth thread. There is no such thing out there yet.

All possibilities for stealthing should be shown there. That would be really awesome and contribute to the community

• Like 1

I've made a helicopter stealth mission in early A3 days. So it's certainly possible, but requires some heavy scripting if you want it to be good.

Maybe I should update my mission... but even with all the hints I've added, it's still kinda hard. Probably too hard for most people.

/Edit: Damn. :>