Sign in to follow this  
Snowflake

No 5.1 sound (rear speaker)

Hello,

i have following problem. in windows i get wonderful 5.1 sound (testing with multichannel audio demo). after starting ofp res i just got sound out of 2 speakers. eax and acceleration are turned off.

system specs:

* 1600 xp

* a7v266-e sound onboard (chipset cmi8738)

* used audio driver: c-media 0639 latest one

* windoof xp prof

* 768 mb ddr-ram

thx for any help

greetz

snowflake

Personally I turn on acceleration and EAX... everything is ok then. (well except the crackling) wink.gif

EDIT: I thought you had a creative... anyway try those on.

hey thx for the fast reply, did already try it out, but then i always have the sound as if someone is flushing the toilet all the time and also no rear speakers.

i also decreased the acceleration at dxdiag to zero, but didn't help...

greetz

snowflake

Hmmmm, flushing the toilet (bn880 runs to listen to a toilet... not) I think if you try switching from external to internal view in a vehicle your sound will be better.

As for the rear speaker...? Strange if you hear it in windows properly. Make sure to go to windows sound setup and check if 5.1 speakers are really selected. confused.gif

i have 5.1 sound and it is only activated if the Hardware Acc is on. did you configure your speakers so they sound equal from the front and back?

thx bn880 & stewart,

i tried it with just acceleration on and it didn't help either (tank coming from behind was louder in front speakers as in rear speakers), but u'r right. i started ofp whilst running that 5.1 test program and then tried it and now it works. either i always have to start it that way or decrease the acceleration smile.gif

thx for the help smile.gif

greetz

snowflake