Sign in to follow this  
Insnee

Dedicated Server - SteamCMD - Server cannot start

Hi,

Situation:

- installed A3 development branch with SteamCMD ( +"app_update 107410 -beta development" validate )

- reinstalled this 3-4 times already

- try to start server with: "arma3server_dev.exe"  -port=2351 -profiles=profiles -name=Devserver "-serverMod=@Server" -enableHT -exThreads=7 -maxMem=1024 -nosplash -noSound -cfg=config\basic.cfg -config=config\server.cfg -autoinit

Problem:

- when the server starts, multiple errors appearing in windows promt (e.g No entry 'config.bin/CfgVideoOptions/DefaultSettings.ppSSAOQualityAlternative')

- mission is unable to load because some classnames are missing

Logfile:

http://pastebin.com/raw/uXFnYJ3r

I dont really now whats wrong there..

I want to point out that on this windows server is steam installed + arma 3 client in development branch   (we want to use steamcmd now)

The setup script is working on another dedicated server/machine.. but for some reason not on this one..

Hope you have some ideas how to fix this :)

Edit: aww I see sth. in the logfile now

ArmA wants to use the Addon path from Steam directory.. how can I tell the server not to do this?

Kind regards, 

Insane

11:21:03 @KBS_Server | @KBS_Server | false | NOT FOUND | | | 

-serverMod=@Server"

:huh:  :huh:  :huh:  :huh:  :huh:  :huh:  :huh: 

@KBS_Server not found is irrellevant cause I've renamed/disabled those folder in order to find the reason for the error.

The problem is that the server loads the ./Addons folder from the steam directory (insteat of the server installation directory).

So I ask how to resolve this problem.

So I ask how to resolve this problem.

Wait two hours and just install stable.

Problem persists on all steamCMD installed servers

Problem persists on all steamCMD installed servers

Our server is up using Apex stable with no errors.  I'll check in an hour or so to see if our admin did anything special with it.

I think it has sth. to do with the fact that we have steam installed on the server

I run one Linux-based server and help out with one Windows-based one, both dedicated, both work without major issues, neither of them has Steam installed. Maybe try uninstalling that? Yeah, the arma3 server instance complains a bit about that, but runs fine otherwise. It also complains about disabled coredumps (linux), etc. :)

• Like 1