Sign in to follow this  
lexx

[SP] "Free Speech" - Tanoa

pg1cIW.jpg

Description:
"Free a kidnapped ANN reporter from the hands of the Syndikat."

This is a 1-day mission, which I made... today. Really wanted to finish something new again, and with the recent Apex stuff I got inspired enough to get this mission done. It's a simple search & rescue mission on Tanoa. Naturally, dev-branch or latest Apex rc-branch is required for playing.

Turns out, it's actually quite stressful to make a mission in only one day, but it sets a few interesting limitations which one has to workaround somehow (hope this mission doesn't feel too cheesy). The original idea of this mission was much bigger and with a few more side tasks, but yeah... not enough time if you have to get it done as quickly as possible. :)

Anyway, have fun & stuff.

Link:

Steam Workshop

• Like 5

Updated the mission. Few fixes and tweaks here and there + added the new Apex subtitle system.

PS: I get it. I do not make any Life missions, but 80 views and no feedback, comments or anything? Anyone care to tell me what exactly I am doing wrong? It's not the first of my missions that kind of gets totally ignored. :>

Maybe I'll have to make some easy, accessible coop missions to get any reaction out of people? :>

The mission is broken entirely.  I've been shot in the head three times in a row now.  Now, it might be because I'm CTRG and you gave me an AK for some reason.  Or it might be because I can't remember how to control AI and I'm probably standing up in an open field pressing buttons randomly to see what happens.  More likely though, it's entirely broken. :)

Love the feel of the mission so far though. That Tanoan thunder.. man.  Just gotta figure out how to approach this. :)

Updated the mission. Few fixes and tweaks here and there + added the new Apex subtitle system.

PS: I get it. I do not make any Life missions, but 80 views and no feedback, comments or anything? Anyone care to tell me what exactly I am doing wrong? It's not the first of my missions that kind of gets totally ignored. :>

Maybe I'll have to make some easy, accessible coop missions to get any reaction out of people? :>

On it giving it a play now. Recording a little playthrough also looks intriguing.

The mission is broken entirely.  I've been shot in the head three times in a row now.  Now, it might be because I'm CTRG and you gave me an AK for some reason.  Or it might be because I can't remember how to control AI and I'm probably standing up in an open field pressing buttons randomly to see what happens.  More likely though, it's entirely broken. :)

What difficulty level are you playing on? I've made & tested it on default Regular all the way, and by now I can walz through it in about 5 to 10 minutes without big problems. The second part can get a bit tricky, because sunrise obviously makes you more visible, but even then it's possible to catch the soldiers more or less from behind / out of cover (if you don't approach the front door).

/Edit: Using the silenced pistol to take out the roaming guards also allows to stay undetected for a while longer. Oh, and of course your team mates should be set to Hold Fire unless you are sure you want to engage- that's why I've made them start that way as well.

Had a little playthrough solid work indeed love the thunder and atmosphere, however had one issue as you'll see at the end :/

Heh, damn. The distance check kicked in when you walked at the wall. I've added a fix for that- never even thought that could happen. Other than that, the mission can still be continued even though the objective is obviously failed.

Btw. some spoilers:

1. You've attacked the outpost before the helicopter has landed. That's why he retreated after a short fly-by. If you let him land and take out the outpost with the pilot, you'll get yourself an easier exfiltration point after securing the hostage.

2. You have about 20 minutes to secure the hostage. After that *he will be* killed. Nonetheless you should have plenty time to go north from the starting point, to the tiny village. A few bad guys are there (some later come to support defending the hostage). If you take them out, you'll ticket off a hidden bonus objective. I had more planned before, but it wasn't enough time that day. :P

Other than that, thank you for making that video. It's important for me to gather as much feedback as possible (positive as well as negative)- only this way I can try to improve my stuff. Often I do not know what exactly I'll have to improve, simply because I created it in the first place and therefore don't necessarily see the obvious flaws.

Now, it might be because I'm CTRG and you gave me an AK for some reason.

Additional challenge. :> Originally you still had a silencer on the rifle, but where would be the fun? Be happy about that reflex sight, as it was nearly gone as well. :P

• Like 1

Gotcha thanks for the heads up will give it another go now 

Revised and completed, thanks for the tips and mssion :)

• Like 1

Nice mission! I felt it's a good length with a decent challenge and good atmosphere. I encountered no bugs but I would like to suggest a couple of things. First would be to lower the skill of the AI. I had some AI units literally snap to face me and I got killed instantly. Secondly would be to add some sort of variable when the AAN journalist suggests a course of action... (Continued below to avoid spoilers for others.)

The journalist said he could fly the helicopter that he was flown in on, but I had engaged the first group early (ignoring my team's advice). It would be nice if this was acknowledged and kept the task from appearing rather than have it there but not be achievable.

For a 1-day build, it was put together rather well. :)

Actually, most of the ai already is on 30% to 25% skill level, with only a few "leaders" being higher. I drastically reduced them all after kylania reported the headshot-ness (though, I myself never really experienced it that hard). I'll guess what takes a lot as well is the lack of a real helmet for the player- might not think about it much, but lack of good head protection makes out *a lot* in A3. (Which is why in the East Wind campaign I always try to get a real helmet as fast as possible, instead of the bandana...)

Maybe I'll add another line to the helicopter task, when / if it's gone. Will see when I am back home in a couple of days.

I've updated the mission again. Added that new HoldAction for freeing the hostage and tweaked some other stuff.

Also noticed there was a CBA dependency... Ehw. I really love CBA for the enhanced debugging tools, but man, why the hell does it need to change the burning campfire and barrels? More than once I've accidentally added a CBA dependency to my missions even though it is completely unnecessary. And it's always a pain to remove it again...

• Like 1