Sign in to follow this  
lightspeed_aust

Took the plunge today and very happy....thanks BIS

I've been holding back on switching to Eden Editor after using 2D Editor for the last 4 or 5 years but I thought the time was right to make the shift as I start making missions on Tanoa.

Really happy with it so far, nothing too different from the original editor and easier in many respects.

Obviously, the main bonus is being able to place and adjust objects directly without having to place, check, adjust, check, adjust, etc.

Thanks.

• Like 4

I can only wonder why you didn't make the move already.The 2D editor was felt arthritic even without a 3D counterpart.

Yeah it's great until you run into head scratching issues like this - https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/192299-condition-of-presence-alive-unit/

Alive condition works fine for me but that's not to say that there aren't any issues. From what I can tell, the ability to select an object below a waypoint is missing (previously done with alt iirc) and the option to hide objects in the editor would be very welcome. It's also slower than the old editor and the unit placement interface is cluttered with nonsense that most people will access with scripts or from the init line anyway.

Otherwise it's really nice, especially the options to access the console and configs from the editor (we still need animations afaik) and the loadout editor for units is also great (but again, it would be nice if we could access the unit's loadout code directly).