Sign in to follow this  
silentghoust

Exporting the Arma 3 models for editing?

Can you even do it? If so, would some one be willing to work with me? I can do 3d modeling, but I don't really have a lot of time to learn the ins and outs of exporting. My goal is to create variants of the vehicles. Such as medivacs, unarmed variants of apcs, ect. These variants will have proper interior changes, and additional features to represent their role. I also plan on building BECTI warfare style buildings from the models. To help expand the list of vanilla assets for those who like the new ones over CUP and RHS. All I'm asking is some one to export the base models for me and to import them back in.

Exporting or modifying BI content without BI's approval is against the rules. No one can or will export the Binarized Files to help you. I suggest taking a look into the ArmA 2 Samples and updating old assets as many others are.

• Like 1

Exporting or modifying BI content without BI's approval is against the rules. No one can or will export the Binarized Files to help you. I suggest taking a look into the ArmA 2 Samples and updating old assets as many others are.

How does this apply for skins then? I'm guessing they made a exception? Or they just not part of the binary?

How does this apply for skins then? I'm guessing they made a exception? Or they just not part of the binary?

BiS have been "generous" by allowing re texturing to happen, what they don not allow is reverse engineering of their P3D files, for obvious reasons.

• Like 1

BiS have been "generous" by allowing re texturing to happen, what they don not allow is reverse engineering of their P3D files, for obvious reasons.

Understandable.

Understandable.

In time, they will release certain unbinarised models, like they did with Arma2, but that's not likely to be anytime soon

In time, they will release certain unbinarised models, like they did with Arma2, but that's not likely to be anytime soon

The thing is, with arma 2. They had all sorts of variants which was cool, but the quality of the models simply don't compare to Arma 3. Yes you can add the mechanics, but seeing a basically pixel HMMV next to a Hunter is just unimpressive. Just having minor variants for the sake of giving players choice. Like a ATV that gave up a back seat for ammo box and such. Just seems like such a easy thing to add but they have more important things to work on. But I can still dream ^-^.

nope....attachTo

So it means silentghoust can do the same thing right?

So it means silentghoust can do the same thing right?

He could, if that was his intentions.

however...........

These variants will have proper interior changes, and additional features to represent their role

I'd like to see how he could attach an interior to an interior and make it look different especially when he wouldn't know what "selections" to change.