Sign in to follow this  
terox

Virtual Arsenal (Potenitally great, poorly implemented)

I know the virtual arsenal has been around for a while, however I've never bothered to use it until this evening.

Having spent most of the evening implementing it, I've now decided to go back to a modified VAS.

Here is the configuration I wanted to achieve.

• Vanilla environment
  • Kit script to intially loadout the units
  • Initially blacklist everything in the virtual arsenal
  • Then add exactly what I want available (Whitelisting via BIS_fnc_addVirtual******Cargo)
  • Include ability for ammo bearers to grab ammo for other players weapon systems

This is basic stuff VAS and older similar concepts can do.

But how does BIS config it!

1. No matter what you do,  the virtual arsenal always makes available all of the equipment the player already has (See *** Note 1 below)
  2. If you white list a magazine and the player doesn't carry the weapon for it, then he cannot take the magazine (See ***Note 2 below)

The white list should do exactly that, make the item, be it a weapon, magazine etc available in the virtual arsenal for whoever you want it available for

Any item blacklisted ( via a call to BIS_fnc_removeVirtual*****Cargo) should simply not be made available

*** Note 1:

Example scenario. I have a "Recon" element, who are the only units I want to be equipped with silencers, laser designators, thermal scopes etc.

Recon player opens up the virtual arsenal, places these "Highly wanted items" in his backpack and allows other players to then take them and re equips himself.

Now there are a lot more of these items in the mission than I wanted

*** Note 2:

So I'm an ammo bearer, I want to grab some AT rounds for my squads AT soldier. Not possible....... (Also not documented)

Solution:

1. Add a toggle/bool to allow/disallow the players current equipment to automatically be added to the Arsenal
  2. Allow the taking of imagazines if they are whitelisted regardless of the player carrying the weapon for it.
  • Like 1

You could assign roles and loadouts (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/189706-new-respawn-screen-dev-branch/) and use the 3den editor to create a limited virtual arsenal (object: equipment storage), removing those items that you don't want people to just take.  If they are supposed to have it, they spawn with it.  Everything in the box is limited to the items you don't care if people have or not.  The rest is up to battlefield honesty, although swapping hardware or picking it up is a viable method of procurement in real life.

Doing it this way restricts people from loading saved loadouts, provides you with class restrictions and lets you manage ammo and miscellaneous equipment as you see fit.

I too would like to use the Arsenal more extensively in my missions. In particular your first note deserves emphasis.  I would love an arsenal that permitted white listing with counted limits. Ie,. the ability to add X units of equipment Y to the arsenal. Once removed, they become unavailable. 

Will check out that mod ImperialAlex, looks interesting. 

-k