jcae2798

The Hunt (Ver2) [Fully Dynamic Full Map Mission]

I never used ALIVE, I took a look into it several times to date and there are a lot of features, is this mission needs all of them? As you say "(For support calling only. Saving is enabled)"; does simply putting the whole alive mod in the game bring unnecessary features and/or features that conflict with other mods running, like ACE, C2 etc? If so, which part of the mod/pbos(main.pbo and all sup_ pbos?) necessary for this mission? since ALIVE seems modular...

Hi all, for those who have not been following STEAM or have missed it, all 3 versions are LIVE and have been updated (See original forum post with updated info).  There's been a big update/change to the series which now allows you to select which factions you play against at mission startup (big shout out to Mark from the series 'Dynamic Recon Missions' for this).  Also a lot of changes/fixes in the past couple updates.  Hope you enjoy.

SS from the update:

D15940369B7BE9E3B9AA6000D78B16803ED0D2DA

• Like 1

I never used ALIVE, I took a look into it several times to date and there are a lot of features, is this mission needs all of them? As you say "(For support calling only. Saving is enabled)"; does simply putting the whole alive mod in the game bring unnecessary features and/or features that conflict with other mods running, like ACE, C2 etc? If so, which part of the mod/pbos(main.pbo and all sup_ pbos?) necessary for this mission? since ALIVE seems modular...

It wont load any extra features it doesn't use like ACE does.  Just run the full MOD and you shouldnt have any issues.  ALiVE does run just fine side by side with ACE by the way...  Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Really enjoying the Altis version so far, great job! Loved Hunter Six and this seems to be even better.

One question about the Kunduz mission, what type of enemies can we select there based on the required addons list? I don´t see any middle-east themed bad boys (Tryk's Multi-play Uniforms Pack is gear only, right?). Or can we choose an addon pack like Project Opfor? :)

You can use any add-on (hopefully) and select it at mission startup.  I use the Project Opfor one, and its been working great.  CUP also worked just fine when i tested, but CUP doesnt have a civilian faction at the moment for eastern style units.  So i used CUP and CAF civilians as a workaround and that was good.  So yea, up to you and your favorite addons.  If you find it doesnt work, let me know and i can try and test to see whats up.

• Like 1

Sorry for the late reply, been busy playing in Kunduz :P

Yup, Project Opfor is the way to go imo. Haven´t noticed any serious bugs so far, except that some missions - like patrol - spawn outside the actual map. No biggie, though. That being said, Kunduz is a high quality map, but maybe a bit too small for The Hunt.

Have you considered porting it to Diyala or Beketov?

Hey there.  Yea since Kunduz has cities on the edge of the map, that is the reason that this happens.  Altis is surrounded by water, so it works better on maps like that.

As for porting, it should be fairly simple, since most of it is script based.  My suggestion would be to copy the template of the existing version, and then move/build the base on the new map.  Using the markers from the original mission is important however.  I will expand on this on my original post with more details when i have some time.  Glad you're having fun.

Just wanted to say that I've been playing the hell out of this mission and it's definitely one of my favorites.  I think I've come across a bug with the equipment accumulation in the scenario.  After a while of playing, after a lot of enemy AI have been downed/weapons have been dropped, I go to check enemy bodies for equipment and CTD after exiting the gear menu.  The scenario then becomes unplayable because I can't open up any equipment menu without crashing out.  If weapons that were dropped in the field were deleted in the same manner as enemy bodies are deleted, do you think this problem would be alleviated?  Again, really enjoying the scenario!

FIXED:  Obsolete mods incompatible with v1.64.

• Like 1

Hello,

Enjoying your mission.

Do you have a main area of Operations like in The Hunt with the red circle?

Without getting too deep into the ALIVE manual, how can I RTB a Mohawk chopper that I left in the OA when player is in a different area of the map?
I want to call up the TABLET and either call it to pick me up either from base or another area of the map or have it RTB if it's located elsewhere.

Asking for the ALIVE keys for the TAB.

Lastly, is there any interaction with Civilians for obtaining INTEL? 
Or, is it just from dead soldier corpses?

Thanks.

Hello,

Enjoying your mission.

Do you have a main area of Operations like in The Hunt with the red circle?

Without getting too deep into the ALIVE manual, how can I RTB a Mohawk chopper that I left in the OA when player is in a different area of the map?

I want to call up the TABLET and either call it to pick me up either from base or another area of the map or have it RTB if it's located elsewhere.

Asking for the ALIVE keys for the TAB.

Lastly, is there any interaction with Civilians for obtaining INTEL? 

Or, is it just from dead soldier corpses?

Thanks.

You will need to use ALiVE Menu to use HELI.  Review to their shortcut keys on how it will work for you.  You only need a Radio in your inventory to make it available.

Intel is collected from dead bodies, but also some Civilians will have info.  For Civilians, you will see an menu action show up when you get within 7 meters of them or so.   If nothing shows up, then they have no info.

Love this mission - thanks for making. Any chance you could port to chernarus?