Kabul International Airport

Ùرودگاه بین المللی کابل

by DonbassCZ

8A13DB73446F86DC40F8165439733B9FA292648C

Information:

Hamid Karzai International Airport (Persian: میدان هوائی بین المللی حامدکرزی‎‎, Pashto: د حامدکرزی نړيوال هوائي ډګر‎, IATA: KBL, ICAO: OAKB), is located 5 kilometers (3.1 mi) from the city center of Kabul in Afghanistan. It serves as one of the nation's main international airports and as one of the largest military bases, capable of housing over one hundred aircraft. The airport was given the new name in 2014 in honor of former President Hamid Karzai. The decision was made by the National Assembly of Afghanistan and the Cabinet of President Ashraf Ghani. It was previously named Kabul International Airport.

The airport has been expanded and modernized in the last decade. A new international terminal was added and the older terminal is now used for domestic flights. A number of military bases were also built around the airport, which are used by the United States Armed Forces and NATO's International Security Assistance Force (ISAF). The military of Afghanistan also has a base there, while the Afghan National Police provide security inside the passenger terminals.

As of June 2016 the most frequently serviced destination from the airport was Dubai-International with no less than four passenger airlines flying the route, some with multiple daily flights. In terms of passenger numbers, Istanbul-Atatürk was the largest, followed closely by Dubai, given the high volume of travel with Turkish Airlines, and Ariana Afghan Airlines, which flies to both Istanbul and Ankara in Turkey.

Description:

Hello. As you probably know from KAF. This project will include three Afghan airfield (Bagram, Kabul, Kandahar). KAF is behind us and now we are embarking KIA. This base will be built in Reshmaan Province. It will be an airport in the middle of the map near the capital city Dilshad (Kabul). What more to say ... I will delete few objects and some places must be improved and i think it will be done. Iam really excitting how it will looks... and I can not wait :) . Also dont forget on this "I'll try to make this base with high FPS so then you could enjoy it"!!

PS: I will add pics later.

Requirements:

CBA

Reshmaan Province

CJTF101 editor

MAP Editorupgrade (EU)

Community Upgrade Project - Terrains Complete

[FIX] OPXBuildings and OPXmisc

Stars Editing Suite

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pt1aibr46sjsp27/Kabul_International_Airport_by_DonbassCZ.reshmaan.7z?dl=0

Greets DonbassCZ

• Like 5

Yay, more bases

• Like 1

Hello. Here are some pics from work. On the first pic you can see KIA from birds view. The plan is that i will add some more ramps between taxiway and runway. Then build more infrastructure on the right of the runway and improve place at KIA terminal as you can see next to the mosque. :) So just enjoy this and look forward.

1E5AFBAA1FE5FC315930F4997CDDA3F1B906672D

852C664D51271A58D67E963FA58B03F23316686E

2A2108C8ECC6C2C3B021040A8DA3D3AE9520F926

743A41AC282645D45258BB1B8A39160A43C2DEE5

Greets DonbassCZ

• Like 3

Nice we use Reshmaan a lot so this will be a useful template for sure. Are you setting objects to "animate_off" or whatever the command is. I.e. To reduce resource usage ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Eh... :) so how to start. For placing objects iam using EDEN editor and iam not using any animate off. So thats it :D and for deleting objects iam using some script where you write ID of that object. Also thanks for your comment.

Greets DonbassCZ

Sorry should have been more accurate with my statement. For lots of inanimate objects, e.g. Base stuff - You must ensure they are set to be ignored by the game engine otherwise it can massively slow down a mission

this enableSimulation false;

Is the correct command to use in the unit of each object you place. E.g. Hescos etc

See here for more Infos :-)

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/enableSimulation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If possible can the runway be longer and parking space be bigger to accommodate larger aircraft?

• Like 2

If possible can the runway be longer and parking space be bigger to accommodate larger aircraft?

O dont hthink because of the right side of the runway there is a not flat land... easy there starts hill. :)

Greets DonbassCZ

Oh wait i think it could be possible to add some ramps on the right side of the runway. I will try to expand that ramps. :)

Greets DonbassCZ

Hi i have problem i want to ask you if you know or did you see that KIA have some welcome sign like BAF or KAF? Thanks

Greets DonbassCZ

Hello. Some progress from KIA. Enjoy :)

ATC area, barracks and HQ is behind the hanger

D4EC3FB33CD22EA03B308E13CFA37B98942521A1

On this pic you can see that i added huge ramp for 6 C-130s, hangers and ramps for heli/aircraft and ramp at KIA terminal:

BB656BFC158FA6AB3D8DE43510445F02EEB64B78

Greets DonbassCZ

Hello. Some news from Afghan... :) . KIA should be finished till this week ends. So look forward and then we will go to the BAGRAM AIRFIELD! Cant wait...

0133061B49F5692D3C25E10DC3735CA477B4A6AD

207EB002B82F3F0BCF232FD4A9FC500CD428BEF3

501F1DE6EB42C577A9C53ABD1ECC5EDA8681861F

Best regards DonbassCZ

• Like 1

they also have the error?

Vfg8M3C.jpg

Yes its same at me. I think there is something wrong with the map.

Best regards DonbassCZ

• Like 1

Looks awesome! You're planning do bases like this in other maps?

• Like 1

Looks awesome! You're planning do bases like this in other maps?

Hi. Thanks very much. Yes. I started Zargabad bases and Malden bases in Cold War era. Also its not all iam planning to go  to the Clafghan nad there expand some base too. :) So look forwad all these projects. :)

Best regards DonbassCZ

• Like 1

On 9/5/2021 at 2:03 PM, HTMadge said:

@Luke_z_Brna Have you got a working/up-to-date link or mod for the Kabul airbase map/terrain? Cheers

After 5 years since the last post? Good luck with that...Still active on the forums though so maybe, just maybe...