zozo

Co-op Campaign: APEX PROTOCOL

Can anyone get acceptable FPS in mission 3? I barley get 25 fps at mission start, and 10-15 minutes in, it completely tanks to10-12fps.

Getting 40-50 fps in infantry show case mission with same settings.

The core mechanic behind the co-op gameplay is playing a game with unknow people.

No

• Like 1

I really hope that APEX coop campaign remain as it is right now..

And what is wrong with giving me the choice of switching respawn off? If there were an option, everybody could be happy, but you insist that there is none so that I have to play it the way you like?

You are obviously a newcomer to Arma, because Arma has always been about choice, and I don't see how giving me the option to play without respawn will make the game any different for you?

• Like 8

While I somewhat enjoyed the campaign, I must agree with others here that there should be choice about the Revive system

You enjoying the campaign is not wrong, you dictating that other people have no choice is wrong

• Like 1

Newcomer, dictator, casual, mmmm wait... what more? :D :D :D :D

I like the idea behind the APEX campaing as it is, to me is a great idea and works very well.

Why you dont make a same campaing based in this missions with your own settings?, I dont believe will be too difficult to do something similar or equal. ;)

Instead ruin the design of well hand crafted missions... why dont make another new one created by your own hands?

Is very strange to me see the why some people prefer ask something when they have create something by his own hands.

Is very strange to me see the why some people prefer ask something when they have create something by his own hands.

Because they're paying for it?

• Like 6

I like the idea behind the APEX campaing as it is, to me is a great idea and works very well.

Why you dont make a same campaing based in this missions with your own settings?, I dont believe will be too difficult to do something similar or equal. ;)

Instead ruin the design of well hand crafted missions... why dont make another new one created by your own hands?

i reckon it's crap.

Hi there, there is a way to play the campaign with bots?

Because they're paying for it?

Yeah, we paid it @djotacon. We could at least have some options to make it more difficult...

• Like 3

Did you ever try mission editing? It isn't exactly easy to get a functional, singleplayer missions. Which is why BI is being paid for doing this, by the people who are now complaining, no less. They shouldn't need to do resort to remaking the campaign if they paid money for it.

Either way, don't expect Apex to remain the way it is forever. Once the "revive" feature is finished and working with AI, the respawn system will likely be disabled or at least made possible to turn off, because the campaign was originally designed to use it.

• Like 2

I'm stuck at â„– 5 mission(single player). 

I do not like this mission, it is very not realistic.

The Miller and others allied are immune to death. During a breakthrough via enemy, to the boats, they move too tight formation. In this case, such formation is suicidal, but none of the squad of players can not be killed!  They just get a bullets and move on. If Miller should to stay alive on the script, then at least a other units from squad of player could be killed, but this not happens. Always and always AI kill only player. It does not look good.  :o

Also spawn of endless enemy AI is annoying too.

I think, unfortunatelly, Mission â„–5 not balanced, for single player.

SPOILER

Uhhh, thanks. :/

Did you ever try mission editing? It isn't exactly easy to get a functional, singleplayer missions. Which is why BI is being paid for doing this, by the people who are now complaining, no less. They shouldn't need to do resort to remaking the campaign if they paid money for it.

Either way, don't expect Apex to remain the way it is forever. Once the "revive" feature is finished and working with AI, the respawn system will likely be disabled or at least made possible to turn off, because the campaign was originally designed to use it.

No I never, ever create a coop mission, mp mission, dom-style mission (edit), sp mission, mission parameter framework, pdf manuals, mods, report issues of Arma 3 :lol: :lol: :lol:.. - I dont have any idea of I'm talking about  :D  :D  :D.

I'm a newcomer, casual, dictator - and I have a STAR - DESTROYER too!!! :P  -

Which is why BI is being paid for doing this, by the people who are now complaining, no less. They shouldn't need to do resort to remaking the campaign if they paid money for it.

This is exactly that you have it,  an excelent COOP campaing that you paid for.

And for the rest of your post, please read the entire thread there where I explain - with arguments - why to me is a very bad idea to add paramerters to a excellent desing/work APEX CO-OP CAMPAING.

And for the rest of your post, please read the entire thread there where I explain - with arguments - why to me is a very bad idea to add paramerters to a excellent desing/work APEX CO-OP CAMPAING.

What arguments? It's technically feasible to add parameters to MP missions in Arma 3. (And with a bit of dialog scripting it's also feasible to re-create this feature in SP.) From a design perspective, default values can be set for all parameters so the experience for people like you, who like the current state, will not be affected in any way. There is no rational argument to be made against more customisability other than "it would cost a bit of money".

• Like 4

This is exactly that you have it, an excelent COOP campaing that you paid for.

If we could call this a campaign... When I pre-ordered Apex, I thought I'll get a campaign like Harvest Red: you could play in sp with ai squad or in coop with other players and you could SAVE. I love the new map, vehicles and weapons, but I also paid for the campaign. And right now, it isn't excellent at all for a lot of players.
  • Like 2

I'm stuck at â„– 5 mission(single player). 

I do not like this mission, it is very not realistic.

The Miller and others allied are immune to death. During a breakthrough via enemy, to the boats, they move too tight formation. In this case, such formation is suicidal, but none of the squad of players can not be killed!  They just get a bullets and move on. If Miller should to stay alive on the script, then at least a other units from squad of player could be killed, but this not happens. Always and always AI kill only player. It does not look good.  :o

Also spawn of endless enemy AI is annoying too.

I think, unfortunatelly, Mission â„–5 not balanced, for single player.

Best thing I did here was just rush through to the objective cause one of the respawn points was the Ai so as long as I rushed they came up, unkillable and created a nice respawn point I exploited, first run of the mission i did it in 15 minutes.

Maybe to you, others feel like the campaign is too short, with a basic mission structure (go here and clear this, blow this up, defend this. Is the crux of all the missions). As well as lacking the one thing they advertised as - replayability

I read through all your posts in this thread and still didn't find a single argument why would adding an option to cancel respawn and possibly add saving will be a "bad idea".

Jeez, adding another difficulty option will affect your life in zero ways. Show some solidarity to your fellow players who can't enjoy this campaign as much as you.

• Like 6

"Save Button will kill the spirit of the Mission"... gimmie a fucking break. To act like this is some delicately handcrafted mission in which a Save but NOT unlimited Respawn would destroy it's spirit, is so fricking ass-backwards I cant even help you...

• Like 7

Please devs dont ruin this wonderful moment and leave the people play and enjoy freely.

There are 10 kinds of people: 1 that understands binary, and 1 that doesn't. Please go back and count again.

This sentence is the prof that you are a complete egomaniac. You speak of "enjoy freely", but at the same time try to deny that freedom to anybody BUT YOURSELF. Do you actually understand that this is the polar opposite of freedom? What THE MAJORITY of people on this thread is asking for is an OPTION to disable the respawn. That means that if YOU want to play on difficulty level "none", you can still play as much as you like with unlimited respawn, while the rest of us can turn it off or limit its numbers AS WE PLEASE.

Why is that so difficult to understand?

I read through all your posts in this thread and still didn't find a single argument why would adding an option to cancel respawn and possibly add saving will be a "bad idea".

Jeez, adding another difficulty option will affect your life in zero ways. Show some solidarity to your fellow players who can't enjoy this campaign as much as you.

This is unbelivable... :rolleyes:

What part of: "The Apex Co-op Campaing dont be designed to add more options (like: no respawn, savegames, daytime, tickets)", you dont understand?

The scenarios of APEX is designed exactly this way (JIP, no savegames, no tickets, no variable daytime) and only works as it is, adding an option like no-respawn and the scenario dont either.

and what is the meaning of this?

Show some solidarity to your fellow players who can't enjoy this campaign as much as you.

I spend more than 2000hrs creating scenarios in SP, COOP, editing missions, creating mods to debug mission, writings manuals, scritps, re-thinking entire missions and re-edit to remove respawn ( for the love of realism), all for the entire arma 3 players.

The APEX CO-OP CAMPAING doesnt work ( from gameplay perspective )without his JIP and multiple respawn, you need specially designed new scenarios to be played based in the realism settings.

Instead of ask for more options in a finished and well designed campaing ask for new one or even better develop one as a mod designed based in realism settings.

Instead of ask for more options in a finished and well designed campaing ask for new one or even better develop one as a mod designed based in realism settings.

YOU think it is a finished and well designed campaign. I think you don't understand that some people don't think that.
  • Like 2

You don't have a single argument. Not one. You just say it's great because you prefer it that way, which isn't an argument, but an opinion, to which everyone is entitled, but you demand that your opinion be respected while rejecting those of other people.

You haven't answered (with arguments or without) why adding the OPTION to turn of respawn would destroy YOUR fun ?

Regarding your "arguments": All you do is drop semi-complicated works. For example:

The core mechanic behind the co-op gameplay is playing a game with unknow people.

You are talking about a situational thing (playing with unknown people) while calling it "core mechanic". Whether you play with people you know or not is not in any way a mechanics issue, but a situational thing. The "core mechanic" behind a "coop campaign" is COOPeration, whether that is between strangers or friends does not have anything to do with "core mechanics".

I could go on with more, so I will.

The formations are tactics and the voip is an gameplay aid but isnt deeply related with the core of coop gameplay.

This is an empty sentence that has no connection AT ALL with the subject in particular nor coop in general. It's just an empty filler that you throw in.

Do you remember the OFP times when all the people plays coop missions with unknow people?

No, my OFP times were mostly SP (due to shitty internet at that time), but the online experiences where mostly CTI or such things. Never have I seen coop being played with unknown people.

And this extends to Arma 1, 2 and 3 as well.

The title of the thread is APEX CO-OP Campaing disapointing to SP player - without the CO-OP in the title -

Errr... no, the title of the thread is "Co-op Campaign: APEX Protocol"... this is the feedback thread. You know, where people are asked (by the developers) for their feedback on the campaign (which includes technical problems like bugs, as well as feedback about contents and so on).

Unfortunately, people like you think that everyone that is not of your opinion is attacking you, the creators, the western lifestyle or whatever. And your only defense against this is dropping filler sentences and patronizing remarks ("First clear your mind and breath.") and ignoring every argument of the other side. Every time someone tries to argue against you, people like you say things like "too much drama" or "can we get over it" ?

Honestly, this is a feedback thread, where people give feedback about what they think is good or bad about the campaign, and if you don't want to read negative feedback, then just stay the hell out of the thread, or at least acknowledge that there are people that have another perception than you.

It might come as a surprise to you, but I quite enjoyed the campaign, it was pretty atmospheric, and even though the story was nothing to write home about, it worked. The missions got slightly repetitive at the end, but in the end, the campaign wasn't long enough to be boring in that sense.

The only real downside was IMHO the respawn (which totally kills immersion, in my opinion), coupled with the far too short bleedout time that basically made respawn the only option (Someone is down and bleeding and before you kill the enemy that shot him or thrown a smoke grenade, he was already in the respawn screen). Enemy counts were over the top, and the respawn of course meant you can never fail. I know, all of these arguments have been made before, but at least they are ARGUMENTS, not empty word shells that have no meaning in this discussion.

I intent to replay it alone (this first playthrough was with four people, incidentally, I know all of them pretty well, which makes our playthough a not-coop-experience by your definition). The strange forced single player network hosted method of playing it SP is probably going to get on my nerves when I play it SP (and yeah, it says "coop", but it says 1-4 player coop, which means if I play it as a 1 player coop it's single player, so don't try to pull semantic stunts and say it's not meant for SP).

• Like 7

You don't have a single argument. Not one.

Regarding your "arguments"...

That's all folks.

If the people dont like potatos they dont eat potatos.

What part of: "The Apex Co-op Campaing dont be designed to add more options (like: no respawn, savegames, daytime, tickets)", you dont understand?

The only thing that is unbelievable is that you don't seem to understand what the word "argument" means. In this context, it means "having a compelling reason/explanation for one's preference". Saying "I don't want this" is not an argument, or at the best, a very weak argument.

The scenarios of APEX is designed exactly this way (JIP, no savegames, no tickets, no variable daytime) and only works as it is, adding an option like no-respawn and the scenario dont either.

This water faucet was designed exactly this way:

VJ9Mdm7-1.jpg

Being designed this way doesn't make it a good design. Your "argument" that it cannot work with an option like "no respawn" makes no sense whatsoever. Explain to me why it cannot work like that? I mean, I could end the scenario when I get shot and go back through the mission selection if that wasn't so much of a hassle. So, what exactly doesn't work here?

None of your so-called arguments makes any sense, and none of the "reasons" you put forward are acceptable to anybody. I have absolutely no idea why you oppose the addition of an OPTION that YOU YOURSELF do not even have to enable. You are trying to deny people that do not like respawn the opportunity to enjoy the campaign in a way that THEY like. You think that it is okay to force everybody to play the way YOU like, even though it does not affect you at all. It's the idiotic "Gay Commander Shepard" discussion all over again. Options in a game that you do not activate or take DO NOT impede on your enjoyment of said game. Denying these options, however, impede on the enjoyment of those people that want the  different experience.

In the end, it doesn't matter. I am quite sure that the devs will built in tickets or an option to disable respawn. And why? Because it is trivial to do and makes a lot more people happy. Options are a good thing. If you don't like them (and you made that abundantly clear, thank you) then just leave it as it is. But trying to tell others how they have to play this is presumptuous.

• Like 6