POLPOX

POLPOX's Calm Animations 3

On 21.12.2016 at 3:43 PM, Николай Татаринов said:

Eh, that was a handy feature

I beleive sync is user friendly than previous version where you need to put coordinates ;)

@polpox

Thanks for this nice script.
I have a question for animation array, how to use it? :eh:

for example I have following

_nil = [this, ["LEAN_ON_TABLE",0,"BRIEFING_POINT_LEFT",1,"BRIEFING_POINT_TABLE",2], true, 4] execVM "scripts\PLP_calmSoldier3.sqf"

_nil = [this, ["LEAN_ON_TABLE",0,"BRIEFING_POINT_LEFT",1,"BRIEFING_POINT_TABLE",2], true, 4] execVM "scripts\PLP_calmSoldier3.sqf"

I thought it will loop around those 3 animations with some random times but it stuck at first one and not switching to others..
Did I imagine wrong the functionality of animation arrays?

8 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

Unfortunately, this is too hard to change animations between totally different animations so there is no animations queue feature.

Maybe stop hes animation and execute again make happy you?

how do i force civilian AIs to stay in animation rather than aborting it when seeing soldiers?

or lets say, is there a way to permanently have units stuck in animation loop and not react to gunshots?

9 hours ago, shape1205 said:

how do i force civilian AIs to stay in animation rather than aborting it when seeing soldiers?

or lets say, is there a way to permanently have units stuck in animation loop and not react to gunshots?

to make civilians flee, use setFriend to make your side enemy.

and there is no way to stuck the loop.

Hi Polpox.

The units I put animations into will work fine during testing on an MP server, but at game time we sometimes find that all animated units will not appear, or the animations don't start. I'm not sure if it has to do with working with other scripts, players spawning in or sync issues, but I was wondering if you know an addition that will force the script to wait for n minutes while everything is starting? Perhaps this may fix our problem.

Anfo

• Like 1

17 hours ago, anfo said:

The units I put animations into will work fine during testing on an MP server, but at game time we sometimes find that all animated units will not appear, or the animations don't start.

I have no idea - especially it is a MP game - what is going on. Is there any MODs? I am not sure but maybe there are a thing that overwrite scripts.

1 hour ago, polpox said:

especially it is a MP game

Just so I understand, was your script only designed for SP?

2 minutes ago, anfo said:

Just so I understand, was your script only designed for SP?

I didn't say so! But honestly - yes.

At least I efforts with BIS_fnc_MP but I am not good with MP.

I guess the problem is failed to initialization or attach (failed to create or teleport the logic?) - I will efforts with solve this problem - can you report more e.g. is there any reproducibility? If so what is the arguments? Any MODs?

Anyway - thanks to your report.

7 hours ago, polpox said:

is there any reproducibility? If so what is the arguments? Any MODs?

Because it is so random, maybe next time RPT could help you?

On 2017/4/2 at 11:56 PM, anfo said:

so random

Random, random, hmm. I guess the problem is caused by ran on every machine. So I modded the script bit.

I have no idea the problem was fixed - if you'd be so kind, please test it?

URL REMOVED. I WON'T ACCEPT YOUR REQUEST. STOP BOTHERING ME.

2 hours ago, polpox said:

if you'd be so kind, please test it?

Absolutely, will test, thank you!

On 3.4.2017 at 7:20 AM, polpox said:

Random, random, hmm. I guess the problem is caused by ran on every machine. So I modded the script bit.

I have no idea the problem was fixed - if you'd be so kind, please test it?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8d1GntzZdrLcXZqVVlFUlNsbEU

hey man i wanted to thank you for that awesome script, yet i try to test it on MP with friends, and as "anfo" say all the guys just disapper with the animation, ( which mean is not working on MP \ and mostley SP ) is really bump since i really invest so many hours onto this yet to see is not working :X

edit:

i may be a noob but maybe is becaouse im not using the right command for it to work on mp? 

this is how i use it on every unit "_nil = [this,"STAND",false,"ASIS"] execVM "Animations.sqf"
is that right?

On 2017/5/17 at 8:46 AM, shoxerr said:

this is how i use it on every unit "_nil = [this,"STAND",false,"ASIS"] execVM "Animations.sqf"

Yes. it should be. Hmmmm... I have no idea but one thing that I think suspicious is createVehicleLocal. I don't know how it behave in MP but think is correct, it cause the issue.

34 minutes ago, polpox said:

Yes. it should be. Hmmmm... I have no idea but one thing that I think suspicious is createVehicleLocal. I don't know how it behave in MP but think is correct, it cause the issue.

So far you have the best script ive ever seen ( not to mention you can expend it with every animation there is i think, ) but right now im working without your script since is not working on MP properly, yet this is how the other animations that i want to be work on MP work:

if (isServer) then { [[this,"SIT", "ASIS"],BIS_fnc_ambientAnim ] remoteExec ["call"] };
0 = this spawn {waitUntil {behaviour _this == "combat"}; 
_this call BIS_fnc_ambientAnim__terminate;}

really simple.. :X 

16 minutes ago, shoxerr said:

:face_palm:why the heck I missed this solution for a few years...

YAY this is one of my favorite scripts. This can be used in such a wide variety of ways, and it's great that the AI know to break the animation to respond to enemies. My big suggestion refers to the animations that are used to sit characters on chairs or other objects, since the other sitting on flat ground animations work fine. It seems that your AI will break that animation but because of the spacial relationship of the animation to the unit's position, your unit will for example end up standing on top of a chair or a ledge. Wondering if there's a way to incorporate a way to make certain sitting animations move the unit down and forward just to align them with the surface beneath their feet in whatever direction they are already facing. This would make the sitting on object animations work a little better when they detect enemies. I think it would only be a few lines of code to make this work on specific animations since I've played with the previous versions of this script, but I'm not sure how to make it happen on my own.

3 hours ago, shoxerr said:

So far you have the best script ive ever seen ( not to mention you can expend it with every animation there is i think, ) but right now im working without your script since is not working on MP properly, yet this is how the other animations that i want to be work on MP work:

if (isServer) then { [[this,"SIT", "ASIS"],BIS_fnc_ambientAnim ] remoteExec ["call"] };
0 = this spawn {waitUntil {behaviour _this == "combat"}; 
_this call BIS_fnc_ambientAnim__terminate;}

I use this in the INIT of a unit and it works fine.

_nil = [unitname or 'this', "ANIMATION", false, "ASIS"] execVM "PLP_calmSoldier3.sqf";

Otherwise I'd just call it by using setTriggerActivation that will set a trigger to something like BLUFOR/PRESENT (or whatever side) such as making a first waypoint that's synced to the trigger and has the above line as the OnActivation and a second MOVE waypoint has the above line as an OnAct that will make the unit move to a position and then move into the animation.

Simply put

triggername setTriggerActivation ["WEST", "PRESENT", true]

will activate a trigger that has the initial line as an OnAct. This has worked perfectly me for me in multiplayer so far by making the trigger area encompass the mission area or by making it affect all players globally another way. Maybe not the most professional way but it's a viable workaround. This way in the midst of using waypoints in the editor you can incorporate these animations by syncing waypoints to triggers, such as in an example I've made the driver of your intro vehicle get out and walk to a waypoint, then does a ready animation on his own as you move towards a cutscene, and can be further made to do things afterward.

3 hours ago, polpox said:

:face_palm:why the heck I missed this solution for a few years...

Hi Polpox, does this mean there will be a new version soon? :smile_o:

22 minutes ago, anfo said:

Hi Polpox, does this mean there will be a new version soon? :smile_o:

I can't say where is the soon™ but at least I can say it: I'm on it.

6 hours ago, polpox said:

I can't say where is the soon™ but at least I can say it: I'm on it.

Lovley!, ill wait for sure :P if u can add more animations it would be the best so far, just dont let it die like all the other scripts out there :X
edit:

but ofc u must work on the MP at least, mustttttttttt!! ;)

I have good news and bad news, which do you want first?

Good News:

Spoiler

MP Issue is probably solved. Wait for MP testing result. Next version will include improved performance.

Bad News:

Spoiler

My PC is (almost) gone at last. RIP.

• Like 2

Good News = Great news.
Thank you for your effort and work Polpox
:thumb:

On 26.5.2017 at 7:03 AM, polpox said:

I have good news and bad news, which do you want first?

Good News:

Hide contents

MP Issue is probably solved. Wait for MP testing result. Next version will include improved performance.

Bad News:

Hide contents

My PC is (almost) gone at last. RIP.

Oh lol, if theres anything i could help with le me know :P

Edit:

but seriously man so glad u tried to fix it and resolve it to work with MP !!!

On 2017/6/10 at 3:25 AM, shoxerr said:

Any update? been a while since..

Sorry for late, something is wrong with my new PC. Maybe this take so long.