jordfx

Low FPS with a good setup

Hey My specs are intel i7 4770k With GTX 970 with 24 gb RAM and I am getting Between 20 and 30 fps EVEN ON LOW GRAPHICS And i do not understand why this is happening i am running 0 mods this is only happening when i play on Tanoa.

Is this framerate happening in the editor? Or on a server? Tanoa is quite demanding but your CPU is better than mine and in the editor on Ultra settings I can maintain 60fps.the big framerate killer is veiw distance settings.Try to keep view distance below 3000 and object view distance below 2000.than check your framrate in the editor.

Is this framerate happening in the editor? Or on a server? Tanoa is quite demanding but your CPU is better than mine and in the editor on Ultra settings I can maintain 60fps.the big framerate killer is veiw distance settings.Try to keep view distance below 3000 and object view distance below 2000.than check your framrate in the editor.

Can you maintain 60 +FPS in the editor in all areas? I'm talking about you just walking or driving around Tanoa.. In Georgetown my FPS will go down to 50 FPS sometimes even if I'm all alone. 

Can you maintain 60 +FPS in the editor in all areas? I'm talking about you just walking or driving around Tanoa.. In Georgetown my FPS will go down to 50 FPS sometimes even if I'm all alone. 

No not quite everywhere-I just meant that considering the OP's rig he should be getting far higher than 20 fps.Unless he has his view distance set to something like 7000 or is on a terrible server or a very crowded intensive mission.if I am playing a mission with a lot of ai I usually am playing at about 40fps on Tanoa.

First, why can't I create my own topic ?

Second, similar problem here!

GTX 1080

i7 6700k @4,5GHz

FPS: 20-60 - extreme fps drops on multiplayer 

Only 30% GPU usage and the CPU cores are 5-30%. 

What's the problem ? Don't get it.

First, why can't I create my own topic ?

Second, similar problem here!

GTX 1080

i7 6700k @4,5GHz

FPS: 20-60 - extreme fps drops on multiplayer 

Only 30% GPU usage and the CPU cores are 5-30%. 

What's the problem ? Don't get it.

Wow!! That's a great computer.. I guess you are getting amazing FPS in single player. 

Wow!! That's a great computer.. I guess you are getting amazing FPS in single player. 

You would be surprised...I'm running a GTX980,i54690k@4.2Ghz and 16GB HyperXSavage RAM@2400mhz and I still find it hard to maintain 60 in SP with view distance of about 3000...

You would be surprised...I'm running a GTX980,i54690k@4.2Ghz and 16GB HyperXSavage RAM@2400mhz and I still find it hard to maintain 60 in SP with view distance of about 3000...

Yeah it's really sad that we can take advantage of good systems.. Unfortunately I don't think this will change in the future.

Personally I can live with it since I only play in the editor creating small skirmishes etc.. So frames are " acceptable" for me.

it is happening on servers and my view distance is pretty good its not to high or to low

it is happening on servers and my view distance is pretty good its not to high or to low

What does "pretty good" mean?What is your view distance set to? Also discussing framerate on servers is kind of difficult-most of the issues are down to poorly run or overcrowded servers.The only real way to see if you are getting the fps you should be getting is by testing in the editor with no mods running

• Like 1

What does "pretty good" mean?What is your view distance set to? Also discussing framerate on servers is kind of difficult-most of the issues are down to poorly run or overcrowded servers.The only real way to see if you are getting the fps you should be getting is by testing in the editor with no mods running

under 1000

under 1000

OKay-then I would say it is definitely the servers you are playing on. Go into the editor now and see what framerate you get. If it is still as low then there may be a problem

I don't think the issue that frustrates people so much is the low fps, as it is the lack of usage. Most people would be fine with 35-50fps if they knew thats all their system could handle. But to be getting 25-35 fps and see that your GPU and CPU are both below 30% usage is extremely disheartening. Many of my friends refuse to play such an unoptimized game and it makes it hard to build a clan when you play alone.

• Like 1

hello

i have the same problem..i played arma 3 with high setting and i didnt have any fps problems

now after i updated to apex i have 3fps on menu screen! :blink:

my computer details:

Intel® Core i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz

AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

ty

Every single player I play with complains about lag and freezes, I don't care about plus 60 fps, the problem is in the last 6 months or so the lag drops have got worse. I can be totally still with no action around me and my fps will go from 50 to 1 then back up then drop and so on, it will do this randomly, sometimes every minute, sometimes every 2 or 3 seconds, the game has no stability. Adding the start up parameters made no difference, maybe they're wrong?

The ARMA 3 game was much more stable on fps until 1.62 update. Now I have very big fps drop and lags.