HeroesandvillainsOS

[ALiVE, SP/COOP 1-20] Inshallah [Insurgency]

Update. I had to delete one of the 3CB bases (FOB Conway) due to an Arma 3 platform issue and AI controlled choppers not landing in certain areas when certain objects are present. I'll gladly add it back if BI fixes the issue, but it is a very rare bug I doubt would be on their priority list.

On 3/30/2017 at 3:41 AM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Speaking of 64-bit, it's *possible* this mission will save and load just fine in SP now. I just haven't tested it myself. Feel free to give it a whirl if you want and let me know how it goes if you really want to try it (though you'll need to enable SP saving in the editor by opening the "ALiVE Required module and changing "disable SP saving" from yes to no).

In case it helps anyone else who's struggling with the whole personal-dedicated-server-on-your-personal-computer thing, I can confirm saving and loading in SP does work now. I use a not very impressive laptop for Arma, and saving this mission takes a while (5 or so minutes), but does work without crashing.

This is great news for me, having tried literally everything to get the ALiVE War Room to work and failing miserably...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, crooker12 said:

In case it helps anyone else who's struggling with the whole personal-dedicated-server-on-your-personal-computer thing, I can confirm saving and loading in SP does work now. I use a not very impressive laptop for Arma, and saving this mission takes a while (5 or so minutes), but does work without crashing.

This is great news for me, having tried literally everything to get the ALiVE War Room to work and failing miserably...

Thanks for the report! Well guess what, I have even better news...

The next version of ALiVE will (unless something goes terribly wrong in testing lol) have a proper saving and loading feature, without the need for a dedicated server! SP, LAN, it will all work and save just fine! 

Once it goes official, I'll update the mission with the new feature and explain how to use it. Stay tuned! 

13 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

The next version of ALiVE will (unless something goes terribly wrong in testing lol) have a proper saving and loading feature, without the need for a dedicated server! SP, LAN, it will all work and save just fine!

And there was much rejoicing!

• Like 1

Oh sweet I was able to add Camp Conway back. :) I managed to somehow fix the issue with transport choppers not landing there. Yay.

Updated.

I've edited a few other things, and also tested the simulation for a few hours (similar to what I did with Battle of Sangin). Looks good.

Shouldn't be long now for the Workshop release. Just waiting on the local saving option to go live in ALiVE.

EDIT: OOOPS. I forgot one thing. BRB with another update.

EDIT2: Ok. Updated.

Update. I was in the mood to mess around with drones so I added some greyhawks. I also added some random camps throughout the mountains for the Taliban and a few other tweaks.

Ok I've added drones to all my missions with the insurgency tag. If they prove to be too powerful I'll disarm them. I think infantry can engage them but I haven't tested this much.

Hey there, been really enjoying this mission so far, just having 2 issues atm.

When I try generating a task with specific options nothing happens, auto generation is working but some of the task's seem to bug out,

like a crashed vehicle search and rescue just won't have any wreck or survivor's in the marked vicinity.

Also under the ALiVE commander menu I don't seem to have a logistic option.

Other than those 2 issues it's been a blast :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Remy Lebeau said:

Hey there, been really enjoying this mission so far, just having 2 issues atm.

When I try generating a task with specific options nothing happens, auto generation is working but some of the task's seem to bug out,

like a crashed vehicle search and rescue just won't have any wreck or survivor's in the marked vicinity.

Also under the ALiVE commander menu I don't seem to have a logistic option.

Other than those 2 issues it's been a blast :)

Hi there! I'm glad you're having fun!

Regarding manually selecting tasks, in the Tasks menu, you have to choose the option to "Generate Task." This will allow you to choose the groups the task gets assigned to, the distance from you, the enemy faction type, and the task type. That said, some tasks have some issues and are problems with the ALiVE mod itself (so in other words, it has nothing to do with my mission).

Personally, the destroy vehicle, HVT, clear enemy patrol, and the other offensive stuff seems to work consistently well (for the most part). But the defend task, rescue, transport and some of the other ones don't always so I never really ask for them.

When I have some time I'll go back through them all and make a note for the ALiVE team.

Regarding Logistics, well that's a problem! You will definitely need that! Lol. I have tied logistics to the player carrying a laser designator in their inventory, so make sure you have one on you at all times (and for the heck of it, grab some designator batteries from the Arsenal too. You never know when you're gonna want to lase something! :) ). If that's not working, grab a combat support tablet from the Arsenal (though realistically that probably won't help).

I'll take a look-see later and make sure the Logistics menu is popping up for me when I open the tablet. I checked not long ago and all was fine but I'll make sure.

Oh, I should also note I updated the mission at the end of last week and never bumped the thread. Also please make sure to DL the most recent version if you've had it on your system for awhile.

Ah yes awesome you gotta have a laser designator on you (equipped or in bag) then both options show up.

And for the task generator it's weird, I set all the options correctly (I'm mainly trying to spawn a HVT Assassination task) 

I assign myself the player and click Generate Task then it just goes back to the empty Current Tasks screen.

I'm running both the updated mission and ALiVE.

56 minutes ago, Remy Lebeau said:

Ah yes awesome you gotta have a laser designator on you (equipped or in bag) then both options show up.

And for the task generator it's weird, I set all the options correctly (I'm mainly trying to spawn a HVT Assassination task) 

I assign myself the player and click Generate Task then it just goes back to the empty Current Tasks screen.

Assuming you're correctly assigning yourself to the task, going back to the tasks screen I think is normal. It will take a little bit for the mission to generate though. 

Sounds like there might be an issue then because the wait shouldn't be too long.

Give me a few hours and I'll take a quick look. If it works for me I'll write a thorough step by step for you so we can narrow down what the problem might be.

9 hours ago, Remy Lebeau said:

Ok sorry it took so long. I just opened Inshallah and requested an HVT task and it worked without issues. Here are the proper steps (I know it can be confusing):

1. Open the Commander Tablet and select Commander Actions

2. Select Tasks

3. Select Generate a Task

4. Select the Task Type, location, Enemy Faction (MAKE SURE TO SELECT MIDDLE EAST MILITIA OPFOR), Applied Players (use "All Players On My Side"), and Set Current (to yes).

5. Click on Assign Players and select your username

6. Click back, then click on Generate Task

A task will now be generated.

That was where I was going wrong then, I was just choosing one of the first listed OPFOR enemies in the list :P

Thanks for all your help, ampt to give this a go tonight!!

• Like 1

Yay. Finally making an appearance on the workshop. Thanks for that :thumb:

Dare I ask if the others shall be appearing there too at some point?

Hi Hero,

Loaded up the mod with the new content since I last used it - including the mission off of steam - all seemed to work well - this is the only mission I use with the British stuff - very nice change of pace... Thanks for the continued support...

Question - jumped in the Apache with a gunner - I couldn't get my gunner to engage and I couldn't use any of the weapons myself - the little taliban machine gunner man chewed me up... Something special with this ? I can get the RHS Apache to work when using that mod...

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Hero,

Loaded up the mod with the new content since I last used it - including the mission off of steam - all seemed to work well - this is the only mission I use with the British stuff - very nice change of pace... Thanks for the continued support...

Question - jumped in the Apache with a gunner - I couldn't get my gunner to engage and I couldn't use any of the weapons myself - the little taliban machine gunner man chewed me up... Something special with this ? I can get the RHS Apache to work when using that mod...

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

Hmm. I'll take a look. Is this a Combat Support Apache or an empty one I placed for you to fly? Just trying to see if this could be a bug with Combat Support and being able to physically use the weapons when using Transport. If there's a "Talk to Pilot" option in this chopper, let me know and I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.

Hi Hero,

It's the empty one you left to fly - I think I have to load the armament first - before using it ??? Also the HUD shows the word "SAFE" on it - is there a safety I need to remove before the weapons will fire ? Probably a basic question...

Regards,

Scott

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Hero,

It's the empty one you left to fly - I think I have to load the armament first - before using it ??? Also the HUD shows the word "SAFE" on it - is there a safety I need to remove before the weapons will fire ? Probably a basic question...

Regards,

Scott

Ok, so, I figured out what the issue is. You can't shoot because the Apache doesn't have any ammo in it by default! Just laser designator options. LOL! If I think of it I'll ask the 3CB team. Probably related to the new plyons/set vehicle loadout option BI introduced. So what you do is, get in the Apache as pilot with the engine off near one of the rearm boxes on the airfield (the Apache is near one when you start the mission so you can rearm right where I placed it), and open the scroll wheel options and you should see the servicing menu option. Click that and rearm it and you will be good to go.

Then just cycle through your firemode like you would any regular gun. You can fire no problem. Remember to cycle through your firemodes because one of them is safe and you are correct, I don't think you can fire in safe mode.

I will say, the servicing menu didn't show up in the scroll wheel options right away. I got in, flew for a sec, then landed and got out, got back in and the option to service it was there. Just remember you need to be driver with the engine off for the servicing menu to appear. This goes for any vehicle, including the ground ones.

Hi Hero,

Thanks buddy - as always - greatly appreciate your help !!!

Regards,

Scott

• Like 1

This is a reply for Steam user rubil.domagoj because of Workshop's character limit. Hey rubil.domagoj, open the spoiler! :)

Not quite @rubil.domagoj What you need to do first is close Arma and close the Arma launcher completely. Subscribe to all the mods on the right hand side of this page first. Then once those are done downloading, subscribe to my mission. Once all the mods on the right hand side have a green check mark next to them, and my mission says "subscribed" up above, go to your Steam Library tab and play Arma 3. The Arma 3 launcher will open.

Here, in the launcher, you will need to select all the mods required to play the mission. For ease of use, once you have selected all the mods, save it as a preset in the launcher.

Then launch the game. Then go to the multiplayer options and browse for a server. Then click the option to "host server." Select the map the mission is on (it's on Takistan), then select the mission on the right hand side (Inshallah, it will be written in yellow). Then play. You will be taken to a lobby. Select your role (select the first slot if you're playing alone), then play the mission.

Hi Hero,

Yep - working now thanks...

Think I may have discovered another issue though - could the unarmed helo issue also affect the Player Combat Support CAS Module - I've called in a bunch of CAS missions - the helo's fly circles around obvious enemy - but never fire a shot ???

Regards,
Scott

10 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Hero,

Yep - working now thanks...

Think I may have discovered another issue though - could the unarmed helo issue also affect the Player Combat Support CAS Module - I've called in a bunch of CAS missions - the helo's fly circles around obvious enemy - but never fire a shot ???

Regards,
Scott

Oh FFS. That shouldn't be happening. Pretty good assumption on your end though. F me. Totally my bad not thinking about this. :( Been busy troubleshooting other ALiVE stuff and indexing and other stuff.

I'll look at this in the PM and ask the 3CB guys their thoughts too if I get a chance (it may be out of my hands and in theirs).

Thanks for the reply. I should have thought to look at this yesterday after your first issue.

Hi Hero,

LOL - all good - happy to help - no pressure - you have to be one of the most conscientious mod makers I've ever had the pleasure to correspond with - your care and attention to detail is unsurpassed.... Much appreciated - sir...

Regards,
Scott

• Like 1