HeroesandvillainsOS

[ALiVE, SP/COOP 1-20] Inshallah [Insurgency]

1 hour ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

You’re referring to my mission, or Godis_1’s?

Godis'. Yours his fine. Enemies aren't invincible for yours.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, blestick said:

I have a question for @HeroesandvillainsOS . Does your mod auto generate tasks? Do I just wait and get random tasks or am I supposed to generate them?

Tasks are not set to generate. You can request a task in the ALiVE menu, in the tasks submenu.

Personally, I only ever request simple assault ones, such as an HVT task, because some of the other ones aren’t super reliable (this is why I don’t generate them automatically).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, blestick said:

Godis'. Yours his fine. Enemies aren't invincible for yours.

Don't know what you mean. There is no such thing like a "god mode". Maybe a mod conflict on your side or something?

Do you have all additional requirements loaded?

Also the final version is not published yet, just because work got me hard atm.. 😕 I'm just not able to finish it right now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Godis_1 said:

Don't know what you mean. There is no such thing like a "god mode". Maybe a mod conflict on your side or something?

Do you have all additional requirements loaded?

Also the final version is not published yet, just because work got me hard atm.. 😕 I'm just not able to finish it right now.

My bullets don't damage the insurgents in your mod. Could be mod conflict and yes, I downloaded all the  required mods and optional ones too.

Edit: NVM. Just restarted the mod and things are fine now.

Hi Heroes,

Still enjoying this mission thanks for latest updates. Just a thought.....is there any script you could add to allow dead comrades to be picked up, loaded into truck and taken back to base and unloaded. This may be available in ACE mod, not sure.

I take it adding ACE to this mission would break things...yes? as I only play single player over a lan.

Experimenting at the moment running your mission with CF_BAI and Lambs_danger.fsm AI mods. No game breakers as yet.

Cheers 👍

On 4/26/2020 at 6:31 AM, cub1 said:

Hi Heroes,

Still enjoying this mission thanks for latest updates. Just a thought.....is there any script you could add to allow dead comrades to be picked up, loaded into truck and taken back to base and unloaded. This may be available in ACE mod, not sure.

I take it adding ACE to this mission would break things...yes? as I only play single player over a lan.

Experimenting at the moment running your mission with CF_BAI and Lambs_danger.fsm AI mods. No game breakers as yet.

Cheers 👍

You can do what you are asking with ACE.  You should be fine adding ACE, however, once you do it will probably be a dependency.  You'll have to add the ACE compatibility files as well for factions used.

Thanks for reply drdetroit.

One problem I have is that I cannot access the Command Tablet in Alive mod. I can press the "Home" key and get the Alive menu (admin actions etc) but not go straight to Command Tablet as I used to. I have remapped custom control to the "app key" as mentioned in Alive's FAQ and restarted game but to no avail. Looked in controls - addons etc and I can't find another way to bind it. Any suggestions?

It's not a deal breaker as I can get to the tablet via the main Alive menu, but its not as immersive.

Firstly, thanks for creating and continually improving this scenario. It's genuinely excellent : )

Not sure if you're actively monitoring this chat, but I did notice a strange thing while playing yesterday. Despite having first aid kids (5 of them), I was never offered the option to self heal. That might just be a condition of ALIVE that I'm not aware of (i.e., I need to order a medic to heal me). Am I missing something very obvious? I'm a relatively recent ARMA and ALIVE player, so perhaps I'm being ignorant of the mechanics (in scenarios like DRO, you can mouse wheel button 'heal self' without issue). I'm not using ACE, if that makes any difference (not for Inshallah, at least).

Thanks man