HeroesandvillainsOS

[ALiVE, SP/COOP 1-20] Inshallah [Insurgency]

1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

I did notice that as well.  I took a CSAT airbase, logistics sent troops to reinforced it, did a SP ALiVE save, and it was persistent upon the following game play.  Very cool!  I'm really enjoying your Tanoa Showcase - you should post up a thread for it.

I can do that. Since I haven’t been playing it much myself I’ll let you be the tester and if it needs any changes (balancing, adding or removing things, anything you can think of really) let me know. I can either make them or you can submit me a PBO file with any edits you wish and I’ll put a page up here for it (and give you credit). Adding Spyder Addons is fine as far as I’m concerned too. :)

• Like 1

Hi Heroes,

I notice you have ambient civilians and animals in this mission according to its description. Is it possible to run TPW Mods alongside this (to use TPW Fall & Hud etc) or will it conflict ?

Have you already used some of the TPW Mod in this mission or are they default Arma 3 ?

Thank you.

4 hours ago, cub1 said:

Hi Heroes,

I notice you have ambient civilians and animals in this mission according to its description. Is it possible to run TPW Mods alongside this (to use TPW Fall & Hud etc) or will it conflict ?

Have you already used some of the TPW Mod in this mission or are they default Arma 3 ?

Thank you.

I’ve used some portions of TPW in some ALiVE missions in the past, but not this specific mission, and not the specific parts of TPW you’re asking about.

It’s probably ok to try it. Though I personally wouldn’t use his civs (they won’t have the insurgency code) so don’t use that. Animals would probably be ok (you can disable Spyder’s in his ambience module if need be if you feel like unpacking my mission and making editor changes). HUD is probably fine too, I don’t see why not. I’m not sure what Fall is, but yeah, go nuts and see if it all works and is fun. TPW does amazing work, so fingers crossed you have a good time with it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

I’ve used some portions of TPW in some ALiVE missions in the past, but not this specific mission, and not the specific parts of TPW you’re asking about.

It’s probably ok to try it. Though I personally wouldn’t use his civs (they won’t have the insurgency code) so don’t use that. Animals would probably be ok (you can disable Spyder’s in his ambience module if need be if you feel like unpacking my mission and making editor changes). HUD is probably fine too, I don’t see why not. I’m not sure what Fall is, but yeah, go nuts and see if it all works and is fun. TPW does amazing work, so fingers crossed you have a good time with it.

Thanks H for the help and the tips.

• Like 1

Hi Hero, Thanks for all your hard work and great missions :) I have the same issue as "Normal Norm " with the 3CB error. I am running the Inshallah mission. 

Any update on a possible fix? 

It's not much of a problem for me, just an annoyance :)

On 3/4/2018 at 2:57 PM, wilco charlie said:

Hi Hero, Thanks for all your hard work and great missions :) I have the same issue as "Normal Norm " with the 3CB error. I am running the Inshallah mission. 

Any update on a possible fix? 

It's not much of a problem for me, just an annoyance :)

According to the 3CB team the error is fixed on their end, we just need to be patient and wait for an update to their mods.

Hello Reddit friends! Thanks for trying the mission. I use Reddit mobile which is very hard for reply to multi-part questions on, so let’s move this discussion over here.

PreistLizard...

Heya. So I played a bit with the Inshallah scenario at home and with your Hellhound scenario during lunch break at work. :) Really cool and interesting. Spoke to a politician in one of the towns in Hellhound and he revealed a lot of intel about hostile encampments and hideouts. Good stuff!

Awesome! Any time you reveal intel, either by talking to civs or on Intel near dead bodies, or have anything else you want to mark (I like to mark areas I’ve cleared, for example) use ALiVE Advanced Markers. Vanilla markers don’t persist with ALiVE saving. To add an ALiVE marker, press left ctrl+alt+left click. To delete one, press left ctrl+alt+right click. Though be aware, these can be finicky when loading a previously saved mission and sometimes not appear. If that happens, exit the mission back to the lobby, select your role again and join the mission again. They should load then.

A few more questions though:

- I have checked all supply crates and the virtual arsenal in the Inshallah scenario and could not for the life of me find a UAV controller. Do you have any other pointers of where to find it? Found the drone obviously, but could not connect without the device of course.

Hmm. I don’t think I placed one. I mean I can, but just go to the Virtual Arsenal. You’ll see an on-screen display. Click “Arsenal.” Then grab one there. 

- I'm struggling with getting the logistical backup delivered to where I need it. It usually seem to end up somewhere entirely different, somewhat close to the grid where I ordered it but usually I can't even find everything I ordered. Is there a way to get that more closer to where I need it? Anything to consider while ordering logistics? Like "only ever close to roads" or whatnot?

No not really. I agree it’s a bitch. Try to only request in wide open areas and keep your eyes to the sky. I do believe red smoke is programmed to emit from the dropped cargo, but yeah even that’s not helpful if you lose it in a forest. :)

- Several of your scenario descriptions say "fortify occupied towns to prevent recapture" - how do I actually go about this? I tried ordering patrols and sentry teams to these areas, and tried to place sandbags etc. at these points but will this actually do anything? Will Patrols remain where I order them until they are destroyed?

You can accomplish this in a few way. One, and probably the way I do it most, is to select “Logistics” on the ALiVE menu, then select groups and select a group to be delivered. Click where you want them to drop on the map. Before you click “ok,” make sure to look on the bottom left of the Logistics menu. Scroll down and select “reinforce.” Then click ok. This will make the group you requested get air dropped and reinforce the area.

Also, you can open the “Operations” menu. Click on a nearby group, then click “clear waypoints.” Then add new waypoints. The group should then make its way there but it’s not super reliable. 

Regarding fortifying with objects, I do this extremely rarely. AI in Arma don’t seem to care if it’s fortified with objects or not. But for immersion it is cool. If you ever call in logistics objects (or even ammo and stuff like that) with ALiVE Logistics to fortify and stuff, make sure you’ve enabled the Logistics Interaction in the ALiVE Menu first. It’s under “Player Options.” This will give you an option when near a dropped/delivered Logistics object to unload it. It will also allow you to pick it up and move it (see the scroll wheel options).

- When I check the Intel screen, I noted some of the areas are switching to "Occupied" after a while, is that related to the fortifications mentioned above or does it randomly happen if an area maintains enemy free for a while? Should I generally aim for areas currently marked as "red"?

Its a live feed of what your AI Commander is up to. Yes you can definitely use this menu to make a strategy (or you can ignore it and do your own thing. Your call!). My favorite is the “mark units” option. Sometimes it will tell you of actual enemies your friendlies spotted in battle and is a great way to surprise a terrorist with a bullet to the head. :)

Hey Heroes,

I couldn't resist and grab your PBO to play a little around with it. Well...at the end I found myself recreating the entire mission with my flavor, adding in some new features, scripting and building a new Tactical Command Center with some nice tools for players. I'm currently rewriting my DISWS scenario mostly frtom scratch. And because this will take a lot of time from now on, I thought I need something else to play in the mean time. So I grabbed some amazing scripts from Incontinentia, GOERGE FLORROS GF and others, partly edited them and added my own flavor, to create a nice experience for myself. Actually I wanted this to be something I would have done quick. But - that's just me - I've got lost in detaills... xD
However, maybe someone is interested playing it, I'm happy to share it.

As mentioned, I've created this TCC (highly WIP, but the following things are ready) specially for role playing purposes, when one player wants to take the role of a tactics advisor or commanding officer, following the fighting units via a satellite live feed, where he can control the satellite, assist the forces with spotting, marking and tracking targets. Additionally there is a Special Air Services interface that lets the officer - or the player(s) - call in advanced air strikes, by marking targets with laser, IR strobes, smoke or chemlights (depending on weather conditions and day/night), and this worky by a real nice radio dialogue simulation, really providing great immersion.

Of course this is also nice in SP, as you can grab the mobile satellite equipment and use the interface from a hidden position in the AO to recon the area. I'm currently working on some changes connecting both features, the satellite and the special air service, so the tactics advisor can call in strikes on targets marked by the satellite, or work together with the fighting units.

Some more additional stuff I've added so far:

- VCOM AI, latest script version, adapted for ALiVE, custom settings for FFE, some changes..

- A3 Wounding System (currently set to anyone with a medikit can revive. Full healing only by medics though. In the next version I'll add parameter settings for several features)

- Earplugs script (GF)

- Additional air vehicles with resupply points (A-10 empty, A-10 CAS unit, AH-1, AH-64D CAS units)

- Actual some Afghan Army units fighting alongside the US-Rangers

- Overall optimization on performance and latest mod versions

- New balancing, because players have some very powerful tools I've increased enemies strength (and VCOM makes them even more deadly..)
- Well optimized for Singleplayer and MP!

? - MACC (new ALiVE AIR AI Commander. Well, disabled atm, still testing with performance, etc)

I hope to create a ALiVE insurgency campaign where players can have a more tactical approach to accomplish their missions. Therefor I wanted the enemies to be as deadly as possible - but not invicible! Well, it should be realistic in most ways.

Anyways, it's still WIP, as I'm not really satsfied with the TCC. It's not very beautiful, just a few tables with screens and things. But it's functional. In the future I like to create an extra building for that, something more good looking. Also I feel like something is missing, but I'm out of ideas at the moment. WOuld be grateful for some ideas 😉

I'm sure I've forgot something... However, if anyone wants to play it, I'll send or publish it (if I have your permission, Heroes :) It would be nice if someone wants to test this out. I could use some feedback for improving it.

*Credits for scripts/addons:

GEORGE FLORROS GF (GF earplugs script)

Incontinentia (Incon Airpower)

MR H. (Satellite mod)

genesis92x (VCOM AI)

Psychobastard (A3 Wounding System)

Sorry, if I forgot anyone... credits are given properly in the mission

• Like 1

@Godis_1 Wow! Hell yeah! Feel free to edit, release, whatever you want with it! You have free reign my man. Want to release something that sounds this cool? Fine by me. You have my permission to do anything you’d like.

If possible link it here whenever it’s ready. I’d love to check it out.

• Thanks 1

On 2/13/2019 at 5:35 AM, Godis_1 said:

Thank you very much Godis_1 and everyone and off course have fun  !

On 2/14/2019 at 7:55 PM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Thanks !

On 2/14/2019 at 6:55 PM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

@Godis_1 Wow! Hell yeah! Feel free to edit, release, whatever you want with it! You have free reign my man. Want to release something that sounds this cool? Fine by me. You have my permission to do anything you’d like.

WIll do that, possibly tonight or tomorrow. Actually it's now well balanced, but I feel like something is still missing...

On 2/16/2019 at 2:48 AM, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Thank you very much Godis_1 and everyone and off course have fun  !

Thanks !

Sure :) I've had a look at your script compilation, and found some truely amazing stuff there!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Godis_1 said:

Sure 🙂 I've had a look at your script compilation, and found some truely amazing stuff there!

Thank you very much Godis_1 !

Enjoy !

On 2/13/2019 at 4:35 AM, Godis_1 said:

Hey Heroes,

I couldn't resist and grab your PBO to play a little around with it. Well...at the end I found myself recreating the entire mission with my flavor, adding in some new features, scripting and building a new Tactical Command Center with some nice tools for players. I'm currently rewriting my DISWS scenario mostly frtom scratch. And because this will take a lot of time from now on, I thought I need something else to play in the mean time. So I grabbed some amazing scripts from Incontinentia, GOERGE FLORROS GF and others, partly edited them and added my own flavor, to create a nice experience for myself. Actually I wanted this to be something I would have done quick. But - that's just me - I've got lost in detaills... xD
However, maybe someone is interested playing it, I'm happy to share it.

As mentioned, I've created this TCC (highly WIP, but the following things are ready) specially for role playing purposes, when one player wants to take the role of a tactics advisor or commanding officer, following the fighting units via a satellite live feed, where he can control the satellite, assist the forces with spotting, marking and tracking targets. Additionally there is a Special Air Services interface that lets the officer - or the player(s) - call in advanced air strikes, by marking targets with laser, IR strobes, smoke or chemlights (depending on weather conditions and day/night), and this worky by a real nice radio dialogue simulation, really providing great immersion.

Of course this is also nice in SP, as you can grab the mobile satellite equipment and use the interface from a hidden position in the AO to recon the area. I'm currently working on some changes connecting both features, the satellite and the special air service, so the tactics advisor can call in strikes on targets marked by the satellite, or work together with the fighting units.

Some more additional stuff I've added so far:

- VCOM AI, latest script version, adapted for ALiVE, custom settings for FFE, some changes..

- A3 Wounding System (currently set to anyone with a medikit can revive. Full healing only by medics though. In the next version I'll add parameter settings for several features)

- Earplugs script (GF)

- Additional air vehicles with resupply points (A-10 empty, A-10 CAS unit, AH-1, AH-64D CAS units)

- Actual some Afghan Army units fighting alongside the US-Rangers

- Overall optimization on performance and latest mod versions

- New balancing, because players have some very powerful tools I've increased enemies strength (and VCOM makes them even more deadly..)
- Well optimized for Singleplayer and MP!

? - MACC (new ALiVE AIR AI Commander. Well, disabled atm, still testing with performance, etc)

I hope to create a ALiVE insurgency campaign where players can have a more tactical approach to accomplish their missions. Therefor I wanted the enemies to be as deadly as possible - but not invicible! Well, it should be realistic in most ways.

Anyways, it's still WIP, as I'm not really satsfied with the TCC. It's not very beautiful, just a few tables with screens and things. But it's functional. In the future I like to create an extra building for that, something more good looking. Also I feel like something is missing, but I'm out of ideas at the moment. WOuld be grateful for some ideas 😉

I'm sure I've forgot something... However, if anyone wants to play it, I'll send or publish it (if I have your permission, Heroes :) It would be nice if someone wants to test this out. I could use some feedback for improving it.

*Credits for scripts/addons:

Incontinentia (Incon Airpower)

MR H. (Satellite mod)

genesis92x (VCOM AI)

Psychobastard (A3 Wounding System)

Sorry, if I forgot anyone... credits are given properly in the mission

I'm sorry for the late response, but RL kept me busy.. 😕

Well, here it is: DOWNLOAD

Last edit is from 2/15. Haven't had the time to continue it yet. But it's actually finished, balanced and well playable so far. All the additions are working well. Now it just would be some another content to be added... maybe. But first you can check if, if you like.

NOTE: Additionally to the required mods from the original mission, you will need CUP mods (if those aren't already required, don't remember right..), MHR Satellite, RUG DSAI (optional. I couldn't get it to work with player's group, but all other units will chat. Enemies and civilians will chat arabic, US units will talk in English, if the mod is present. Configure to your liking in CBA). Also have a look into the VCOM Settings in the settings menu and check the new diary records. I guess that's it. Please tell me, if I forgot something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Thank you very much Godis_1 ! :thumbs-up:

YOu're welcome 🙂

Another question: I'm not able to disable roadblocks. Shouldn't there appear an action to do so, at least in the center of the roablock? Also in the HQs it's VERY hard to find the right spot where the action to disable it appears. Alive issue?

• Thanks 1

On 3/5/2019 at 5:12 PM, Godis_1 said:

YOu're welcome 🙂

Another question: I'm not able to disable roadblocks. Shouldn't there appear an action to do so, at least in the center of the roablock? Also in the HQs it's VERY hard to find the right spot where the action to disable it appears. Alive issue?

ALiVE spawns two types of roadblocks. The ones that spawn from the Civilian Objective Placement module spawn independently of ALiVE’s insurgency systems and cannot be disabled (made to disappear) at all. You can and should probably turn this off if I haven’t already via the module options.

The other type of roadblocks that spawn are from the Insurgency system, set in the Asymmetric Commander’s module. These and only these can be disabled (made to disappear) and for that you have to find the extremely hard to find explosive object with the add action attached somewhere in the roadblock structure.

Yeah I know it’s not even close to ideal but this is as you guessed it ALiVE system based on not based on my mission specifically.

22 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

ALiVE spawns two types of roadblocks. The ones that spawn from the Civilian Objective Placement module spawn independently of ALiVE’s insurgency systems and cannot be disabled (made to disappear) at all. You can and should probably turn this off if I haven’t already via the module options.

The other type of roadblocks that spawn are from the Insurgency system, set in the Asymmetric Commander’s module. These and only these can be disabled (made to disappear) and for that you have to find the extremely hard to find explosive object with the add action attached somewhere in the roadblock structure.

Yeah I know it’s not even close to ideal but this is as you guessed it ALiVE system based on not based on my mission specifically.

In my case it was a enemy roadblock, that also appears on the map when gathering intel. So you say it is extremely hard to find? From a Alive changelog it is supposed to sho an addaction in the center of the structure. But I tried actually all positions at the roadblock, without success.

17 hours ago, Godis_1 said:

In my case it was a enemy roadblock, that also appears on the map when gathering intel. So you say it is extremely hard to find? From a Alive changelog it is supposed to sho an addaction in the center of the structure. But I tried actually all positions at the roadblock, without success.

Can you do me a favor and open the BLUFOR and OPFOR Civilian Objective Placement modules, look for the roadblock dropdown, and tell me if roadblocks set to on or off?

If set to spawn roadblocks, these specific roadblocks cannot be disabled. These specific roadblocks don’t spawn with the object with the addAction to be disabled. This is by design and can (and should) be disabled in my mission or any variant of my mission. 

Only the roadblocks that spawn from the Assymetric Military AI Commander module, where you can toggle yes or no (I definitely have this set to yes) spawn this object. Disabling roadblocks is an Asymmetric Insurgency only feature. I need to narrow down which ALiVE function is spawning the roadblocks to see if this is a bug or an intended feature that needs to be turned off on your (or my) end.

Ok, the roadblocks in the Military Placement (Civ objectives) Module are set to "low" in both ones, BLUFOR and OPFOR. I didn't change that, so it must be also present in your mission. I disabled that now. However, I'm wondering why those roadblocks then show up as intel in asymetric warfare, if we cannot disable them.

EDIT: VERY weird!! I just loaded up the mission again, AFTER I've disabled civ roadblocks. Had another look into given intel and noticed that this roadblock had a "civ" before its name. However, when I wanted to pass the same place (I've blown it up in my last session, because I couldn't disable it), I saw something like a mine on the street - exactly where this roadblock was located before. I wanted to disarm that mine, and when I walked near it, suddenly an action appeared: "Disable the roadblock"!. LOL. Now I was able to disable it... That's really odd.

Then I came to another roadblock, and I could immediately see that "mine" at the center of it, directly below the bargate. So I also could disable that one.

I don't know why this wasn't available before.. Maybe there's something conflicting between civilian placement roadblocks and asymetric one?

Small update

• Removed CQB modules in favor of VCOM AI (makes units to occupy buildings too, but with better performance and more unpredictable)
  • Disabled civilian placement roadblocks (seems also to fix roadblocks being unable to be disabled)
  • Tweaked amount of Taliban units
  • Fixed a typo in a script

DOWNLOAD

• Like 2

I've got everything fixed so far. Readded the CQB module with lighter settings in addition to VCOM. fixed arabic language for locals and enemies. The satellite and sepcial air support will now provide unit tracking for enemies, when the satellite or the CAS fighter is near the current AO. Enemy units will be shown as small red dots on the map then. The mission works great with C2 mod, and the final version is good balanced now. Should I upload it here or push it to steam?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Godis_1 said:

I've got everything fixed so far. Readded the CQB module with lighter settings in addition to VCOM. fixed arabic language for locals and enemies. The satellite and sepcial air support will now provide unit tracking for enemies, when the satellite or the CAS fighter is near the current AO. Enemy units will be shown as small red dots on the map then. The mission works great with C2 mod, and the final version is good balanced now. Should I upload it here or push it to steam?

Steam seems best but some people also like alternatives.

Thanks for your dedication.

Once I finish my dissertation (end of next month), I'll assemble my squad, we'll run this and feedback to you.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, domokun said:

Steam seems best but some people also like alternatives.

Thanks for your dedication.

Once I finish my dissertation (end of next month), I'll assemble my squad, we'll run this and feedback to you.

Sounds good :)

I'll push this to steam then.. tomorrow after work.

3 minutes ago, Godis_1 said:

Sounds good 🙂

I'll push this to steam then.. tomorrow after work.

If you want to write a mission description, I can put that along with a link to the Workshop page in the first post of this thread.

On 3/11/2019 at 5:28 PM, Godis_1 said:

Ok, the roadblocks in the Military Placement (Civ objectives) Module are set to "low" in both ones, BLUFOR and OPFOR. I didn't change that, so it must be also present in your mission. I disabled that now. However, I'm wondering why those roadblocks then show up as intel in asymetric warfare, if we cannot disable them.

EDIT: VERY weird!! I just loaded up the mission again, AFTER I've disabled civ roadblocks. Had another look into given intel and noticed that this roadblock had a "civ" before its name. However, when I wanted to pass the same place (I've blown it up in my last session, because I couldn't disable it), I saw something like a mine on the street - exactly where this roadblock was located before. I wanted to disarm that mine, and when I walked near it, suddenly an action appeared: "Disable the roadblock"!. LOL. Now I was able to disable it... That's really odd.

Then I came to another roadblock, and I could immediately see that "mine" at the center of it, directly below the bargate. So I also could disable that one.

I don't know why this wasn't available before.. Maybe there's something conflicting between civilian placement roadblocks and asymetric one?

Small update

• Removed CQB modules in favor of VCOM AI (makes units to occupy buildings too, but with better performance and more unpredictable)
  • Disabled civilian placement roadblocks (seems also to fix roadblocks being unable to be disabled)
  • Tweaked amount of Taliban units
  • Fixed a typo in a script

DOWNLOAD

The insurgents have God Mode. I can't kill any enemies. They can kill me though.

20 hours ago, blestick said:

The insurgents have God Mode. I can't kill any enemies. They can kill me though.

You’re referring to my mission, or Godis_1’s?