Goro

Advanced Car Driving System (ACDS) (Dank memes included*)

Hello, dear BI users!

So... We already have an Advanced Flight System, so why don't we have the same system for cars? Current system doesn't allow us to make fast infantry drops, the cars are definetely wayy too slow and too understeer, not talking about their armour. I've got a few ideas, which I'll give in a form of points.

1)Add manual transmission to the Vehicles (Make an Automatic gear or Manual with Clutch button selectable)

2)Bring more armour to the vehicles

3)Improve the braking (I know that millitary vehicles are heavy and stuff, but the civilian vehicles are just taking wayyy too long)

4)Add oversteer to certain Civilian vehicles

5)Fix the vehicle rolls to the side

6)Totalling the engine by incorrectly reducing gears and/or running out of oil would be a great option to have!

7)Make the current tires a real tires. C'mon, tire just doesn't disappear after several shots.

8)Animate the doors as well as moving between seats

EDIT: 9) improve the headlights... Its hardly to see anything beyond 5 meters... Hatchback sport has Got proper Lights tho

Feel free to discuss the section below, as well as give the other ideas. I personally find we need this, but let's hear from others.

And here are some dank memes:

arma-3-everyone-amp-039-s-first-mistake_

5e40cf1c5c2316d1c37920e6ea96b923.jpg

• Like 3

You have my vote for advanced driving (increased steering range, reverse gear and manual transmission, analog gas and brake for smooth control). 

• Like 1

1. It would only work for human players. AI would went haywire (but its possible)
2. Remake hitpoints á la Olds
3. Config work
4. Impossible due to implementation of how tire grip works
5. Config work
6. Why? Makes no difference gameplaywise -> Totally a Life feature
7. Model work
8. Have fun animating the character rig

Conclusion:
Not really worth the extra work.

Tho I would like to see manual transmission, bu that's a totally different matter here.
  • Like 3

ahh not crazy about advanced driving this is a mil sim not a RP sim... I would like a little higher fidelity in tanks or planes. and above all much more realistic missile guidance systems like a real non tab locked heat seeking missile. but above anything I rather have Bis focus all their power on the enfusion engine instead of adding more features to arma 3 so that arma 4 will be a real step above the previous Arma titles with no compromises in features or the fidelity that we already have such as AFM which I only fly with.  

• Like 1

Hope to see the support of more ArmA players who also believe that advanced driving mechanics will improve the military simulation quality of ArmA. More realistic vehicle modeling = better military simulation = higher immersion = more fun ! 

• Like 1

The driving mechanics in Arma 3 are absolutly spongy and I don't like them. That's why I am a chopper pilot. This is a good idea and you got my vote!

• Like 2