Pan Samogon

[WIP] OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Hello,Im working on this helicopter since last week,a few hours a day.

I have something to show,but I also need more references and advices.Anyone have experience with this helicopter?

http://imgur.com/a/9Dhpy

• Like 10

yeah i have quite a bit of experience with it myself (the model is from 2012 btw, 95% finished - i hope i will eventually get to iron it out and get it in the game). It is a nice project, good luck with it

5IOQbH5.pngvvK5Ds1.png

• Like 14

yeah i have quite a bit of experience with it myself (the model is from 2012 btw, 95% finished - i hope i will eventually get to iron it out and get it in the game). It is a nice project, good luck with it

5IOQbH5.pngvvK5Ds1.png

Well... try to make my own faster than you :P

btw,mine model going to be open source.So expect to see it in RHS,CUP and USMM :)

Well... try to make my own faster than you :P

wouldn't be too hard tbh, i am a bit strained on time. 

but i think i will eventually get it in RHS, who knows, maybe this year if i'm gonna take a break from all the other models i have in different WIP stages. ;)

• Like 2

Great to see a nicely modelled Kiowa.I know there are one or two being worked on-hopefully one of them will make it into Arma3 soon.

very nice work there will be him also with doors and the version the OH-58F?

oh-58f.jpg

OH58F.JPG

• Like 1

very nice work there will be him also with doors and the version the OH-58F?

First off,finish D,then - will see.

Actually,last Kiowa been scrapped out of service a few months ago.It was replaced by AH-64E,which able to interact with UAVs.

Could we get a Transport Version,no Ball System?  With/without doors?

It's kinda a bit diffirent heli.Diffirence same,as M16A2 and M16A4,it looks same,but in closer look - it's too much diffirent.Maybe later.

Oh58-004.jpg

386732_original.jpg

• Like 1

Awesome! Would love to have an OH-58D to go with my Conflict '85 mod :) 

• Like 1

If Project RACS can be of any assistance please let me know. 

• Like 1

Awesome! Would love to have an OH-58D to go with my Conflict '85 mod :)

If Project RACS can be of any assistance please let me know. 

When it done I let you know.BTW I have only hours a day so it will take months I think.

Im actually bad at textures,so you may assist me in the future.

Hello,Im working on this helicopter since last week,a few hours a day.

I have something to show,but I also need more references and advices.Anyone have experience with this helicopter?

http://imgur.com/a/9Dhpy

What I meant is,if you could release it as the pictures,without door,just the above,and delete the ball-turret.  That is,if you like.If you like,please make the OH-58F.It is cool. :).tnx

• Like 1

What I meant is,if you could release it as the pictures,without door,just the above,and delete the ball-turret.  That is,if you like.If you like,please make the OH-58F.It is cool. :).tnx

I understood what you mean :)

Im working on OH-58D,this is my priority at this time.

OH-58D doens't have transport version.The version,which able to transport troops is OH-58A/B/C,but even LB do this better than this.

As for OH-58F,it actually a ghost helicopter,which no longer at service.As I said - last Kiowa been scrapped half year ago,so I create the most common version and combat prooven,used by US military.

No promices on A/B/C/F,but it's possible.

Weekly progress.

-Planner and engine block was fully recreated.Have to ajust planner this weekend and start making details.

-Windows makes me butthurt.Spend 2 evenings to make it right.

http://imgur.com/a/gcajY

• Like 1

Probably are still FFAR. But, maybe, in the forst photo the heli aren't armed. That's what I suppose at least.

If you want to make this addon stand out in the crowd,add a set of beacon lights,with real roatating lights with reflectors(the rotating part).

That will make it look amazing!   Good luck with this! :) :wub:

I'm not sure I'm understanding the question about the mounts.  If you mean the front-slanted bar that sticks up, that is a cable cutter.  Other than what appears to be forward-facing sensors I'm not seeing a "mount" on the pics?

I think he's talking about the BRU that the DRL is mounted to.  On the American version, the mount is more square, but on the Asian (Korean?) version, it is more angled.  Probably an export version or a newer version of mount than what's on the American picture.