duda123

Rappelling from Structures WIP

From what I understand the black diamond is fairly popular.

Not a soldier myself, but it's very popular with the climbing community. Only issue I could see is that it tends to sit quite high up, and could interfere with armor/chest-rigs/pack (though that could be I just got the wrong size). A good harness for recon would be a Petzl falcon. It's lightweight, (designed for technical rescue) strong, and even comes in tactical black. It's also good for swat/building entry rappelling, as it sits below body armour. It also takes a chest harness (more for inverted rappelling, but hey, it looks cool).

• Like 1

It's not coded specific to windows. The physics of swinging from a rope are scripted and take into account edges of objects, so you don't swing into them. Windows are simply a hole in an object - if you jump away from the building, the simulated physics takes care of the rest. Once you swing inside, you just lower yourself on the rope till you auto-detach from the rope.

Yes - doesn't even have to be a building. Anything that's 4-5m high and has a drop off will work.

Was curious if you'd think about contacting the guy who make this (

), and seeing if something cool can be done with that? I was thinking it would be epic to be able to toss it up on something, then climb up as well. Kinda like how in the Advanced Tow Mod you need rope in your inventory in order to do stuff, same with this.

I was also thinking perhaps throwing down the rope like that would look better than just teleporting over the side? For example throwing the rope over the building, you can a scroll option to rappel, and then it moves you over the side when you enter?

Here's the latest:

• Animations are working now, and support weapon switching! (pistol and primary). Tested on a dedicated server and appears to be working well. Players without the addon installed locally only see the vanilla sitting animation (and can't switch weapons).
  • Mcruppert is putting finishing touches on animations now that everything is working.

Should be released this weekend!

• Like 9

Awesome work Duda, I've been checking this topic daily :D

Very soon*

5qnqnjG.jpg

• Like 9

Insane man....

Great work to u and the guys involved!

Can't wait!  This opens up all kinds of possible hilarious shenanigans!

Refresh.. refresh.... refresh... lol

• Like 1

its live he says...

its FUCKING AWESOME i say... ^^

only too bad we cant put the animations in the missionfile so the players wouldnt have to install it clientside...

maybe BIS improves their own animation set with this stuff...

in 2 years of running a king of the hill server (non-samatra) i have learned to make everything bullet(idiot)proof and make it as simple as it can get for the players ^^

can you publish it on six? cause it's a lot easier for us to manage our mods.