pognivet

cwr2 does not work anymore

i used to play cwr2 all the time and it worked fine.

i reinstalled arma 2 and redownloaded it recently to play again, but after some recent update nothing works anymore.

for every addon pack i download such as west german army, netherlands etc. none of the units show up in the editor in-game.

in the base mod all of the us soldiers m16s are invisible.

the only thing im running is cwr2 and combined operations.

is there some super special secret fix for this or is it just broken forever now

Unless someone puts a lot of work into it again (which is unlikely, unfortunately) then it is broken.

You can blame BI's script interpreter update and Corepatch.

1.63.112555 works fine. Just rewind to a previous game. This version is a little time back, but still good.

Some of the recent changes seem to be breaking things, intentionally or not, its not good. But try and rewind, as said.

Unless someone puts a lot of work into it again (which is unlikely, unfortunately) then it is broken.

You can blame BI's script interpreter update and Corepatch.

From CWR2 documentation:

Requirements

ARMA 2: Combined Operations (ARMA 2 + Operation Arrowhead) v1.62 is required to use the Modification.

V1.63 is not officially supported. If CWR² works with 1.63 then fine, if not then not. We have neither time nor interest to permanently fix what BI is screwing up.

Hi

On which patch are you running ArmA OA right now. Official or Beta please indicate the version number.

the only chance to get it back to work is reverting to a former version.  I'm still running Arma OA on 1.62 patch and that will stay like this. CWR team doesn't exist anymore. Wolle worked on CWR2 with the help of some community members donating stuff but he's the lone survivor and he won't fix what new patches are going to break. So in case you want to play CWR2 MOD you need to revert to a former version of ArmA OA  otherwise say goodbye to the CWR MOD.

Sorry but that's how things are standing now.

Cheers

Hello

I have ArmA:CO in 1.63 steam version and downloaded CWR2 1.02 with latest patch (290116 i guess).

On start game warns me about missing file 'cwr2_scud', although file itself is in the folder. Game starts and another warning shows, no entry from 'bin/config.bin/cfgvehicles/land_cwr2_most_stred30.scope'. Editor works fine, only shows missing file warnings all the time and most of the sounds are mute. Campaigns and single missions can't be started, only "Cold war crisis", where cinematics at the beginning seems to be allright, but game crashes after 'parade' sequence of it.

Is there a chance to get it working, or do i have to say goodbye to OFP style ArmA?

I tried to downgrade the game to 1.62 with "beta" 1.62 version available on Steam. Problem remains the same.

HELLO MY FRIEND

I found a solution that fixed all the missing texture bugs for me. It seemed to have something to do with the new update moving the PBO files around.

I'm not 100% sure if you need to opt back into the 1.62 older steam version. I did just to make sure.

But here it is:

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Make sure you ran regular Arma 2 (not Operation Arrowhead) at least once, it creates important cfg files.

Now simply go into your regular Arma 2 (not OA) directory, copy the 'Addons' folder and paste it directly into your OA directory. Making a new folder. (That used to be there until the recent updates)

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

STAY OUT of OA/Expansions and the 'Addons' folder, inside that one. These are already fine and if you copied anything there, idk what could go wrong.

I also disabled all my other expansions like BAF and Czech republic.

I still don't have the CWR2 loading screen pics back, but the in-game texture problems have been fixed and the error pop-up messages are gone.