Sign in to follow this  
Broseph_Stalin90

Mission title in scenarios

Well, this sounds like a stupid question, but prior to Eden, it was no issue to name my mission and have it show up in scenarios properly with a title. However, now if I do not binarize the mission it shows up as the mission file name (mission_1.tanoa) instead of the actual title. Not a big issue, but it's a little annoying, is there a way around this?

Hmm you can change the OnLoadName variable in description.ext to have the name you wish.

eg.

OnLoadName = "my mission";

Working fine for me in Dev Build and Stable both.

Eden -> Attributes -> General.  Type in a Title.  Save.  Export to Single Player.  Title I typed in shows up under Scenarios.  Export to Multiplayer and the name I typed in is listed under Missions:

Hmm, it isn't working. As I said though, only when I do not binarize the mission does this occur, if I binarize I get my titles. Eden Enhanced is being used, perhaps that is the issue? 

Hmm, it isn't working. As I said though, only when I do not binarize the mission does this occur, if I binarize I get my titles. Eden Enhanced is being used, perhaps that is the issue? 

Does this happen with a brand new mission?  Like start Eden.  Put a guy on a the map.  Give it a title.  Save, export and play?

It might be an Eden Enhanced issue, but unlikely.  Here's the thread to use to ask though.  A quick search didn't find any title posts in there though.

add %20 maybe.

If you have spaces in your filename you should feel ashamed and remove them at once.  That's what the title field is for.  :)

• Like 1

If you have spaces in your filename you should feel ashamed and remove them at once.  That's what the title field is for.   :)

yea i'm to new to this stuff.

i'm just a CAS pilot that played arma 3 for 1000+ hours and had to start coding because someone else that knew how to code stopped coding. :\

There seems to be an engine limitation of how many mission attribute one can define within a mission. With my 3den Enhanced mod you exceed that limit, thus the mission name is no longer defined properly. Either don't use my mod, or binarize the mission file. Sorry for the inconvinience.

Iam having this problem without running the eden enhanced mod. using the %20 for spaces works for in editor name but still no good for the scenario menu space.