distortedseed

How to import a model into arma 3

I know this is more than likely posted somewhere but I couldn't find it. I am looking for a "current" tutorial on how to import models into arma 3

I use maya, and zbrush

Any help would be great, willing to pay for 1 on 1 help session.

I know this is more than likely posted somewhere but I couldn't find it. I am looking for a "current" tutorial on how to import models into arma 3

I use maya, and zbrush

Any help would be great, willing to pay for 1 on 1 help session.

What are you trying import? Also the fact you have mentioned payment makes me suspicious, thats not how this community works.

• Like 3

What are you trying import? Also the fact you have mentioned payment makes me suspicious, thats not how this community works.

ok so far I have gotten a simple model in game, I now need to know how to get the textures onto the mesh, add collions, LODs, animations stuff like that...I offered money because obviously this is too complex since their are now complete tutorial videos and trying to find any type of good tutorial is either outdated or doesn't exist...(that ive seen) its like its the biggest secret of arma when in most other engines its extremely simple (UE4/Unity for example) but whatever...if you have some good advice please point me in the right direction.

Well to start are you making a car, building, plane, heli or something else?

I have started a channel will be going over everything might be worth checking out :)

Edited by R0adki11
link removed as it shows how to port and bring in models ripped from Forza into Arma3

I have started a channel will be going over everything might be worth checking out :)

Please don't post links like that on these forums, ripping or porting ripped content from other games is a serious offence. 

Posting addon/mod other content without permission:

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community. People work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. You must get permission to alter someone else's work, to mirror their work or to use it in any way other than for personal use. Without permission please do not edit, mirror, add to your mod pack or edit and share around your private squad.

Unfortunately we cannot control what people do outside of these forums. However, on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission, and we receive a complaint, the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved. Participation in this behavior comes with the risk of being permanently banned from these forums. Get permission by communicating with the original content creator(s).

• Like 1

Please don't post links like that on these forums, ripping or porting ripped content from other games is a serious offence. 

I'm sorry, I'm just trying to show the community how to make cars in-game. Didn't mean to make any intentions on how to rip from other games. Anyway if I can't talk about that hear sorry once again.

GameDev Byrne has some Youtube tutorials:

This is the issue, I myself have started to pick up and follow along on these tutorials but these are severely outdated.   I can get my object, in this case the cube in game and listed in the editor, but there is nothing there in the game, (using VR world if that makes any difference)  I have followed this to the letter, but is listed as an empty object.  Im not sure if the config needs work or if its completley wrong for this version of the game,  but the config is this; 

class cfgPatches {
	class Tutorial_cube{
		units[] = {};
		weapons[] = {}; 
		requiredVersion = 0.1; 
		requiredAddons[] = {}; 
	};
};

class cfgVehicles {
	class Static;
	class Tutorial_cube : Static{
		scope = 2;