duda123

Advanced Rappelling

Hi all!  Thx alot for all the cool slingload and rappelling mods!

Our Problem we have is the exact same Enoliaz described. Fresh Nitrado Server opened, lots of mods n stuff intalled, including both Rappelling and Slingload.

EVERYTHING works fine except climbing UP and DOWN while hanging from the Rope! We are able to jump off a wall, aswell dangling left to right, change weapons, shooting ... also do the mouswheel options Work!

Diffrent Key binding for ¨move forward/move backward¨ has no effect..

Team Halp!  we need this on our Server! :D

• Like 1

Seems like a lot of folks are having issues like this on exile. Has anything changed recently?

5 hours ago, duda123 said:

Seems like a lot of folks are having issues like this on exile. Has anything changed recently?

Latest Exile Client ¨Kohlrabi¨ September, 2016.       Advanced Urban Rappeling combined with Enhanced Movement is so cool :)

• Like 1

What is really weird is that the players can use the recalling mod with the rope and get off a building but we administrator under infistar impossible to move!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Enoliaz said:

What is really weird is that the players can use the recalling mod with the rope and get off a building but we administrator under infistar impossible to move!

Enoliaz You are my Hero! :D            

As an Admin, UP and DOWN movements on rope doesn't work. As soon we log in without Adminrights (infistar) it does work.  much wow, very rope!

I'm sorry but I have not understood everything, I translate into French via google translation but the translation and complicated ..... lol

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Enoliaz said:

I'm sorry but I have not understood everything, I translate into French via google translation but the translation and complicated ..... lol

I said the same as you said, in other words :)  

En tant qu'administrateur, UP et DOWN sur la corde ne fonctionnent pas. Dès que  nous connectons sans  d'administrateur (infistar), cela fonctionne.

I tried my best with google translater :)

OK sorry I had not understood ^^
It does not change the problem :(

Is there a way to have the option to get AI passengers to rope out using the action menu?  Right now, as the pilot, when I tell the AI deploy, my co-pilot is the only one that leaves.  Is there something I'm missing or do I have to do it via script?  I'm not using any waypoints at the moment, I'm just flying around aimlessly and trying to deploy the AI at a random point just to see if it works.

if its a pre placed helo and you take control of the pilot,try disabling crew dismount ability from the attributes option in eden editor.

The repel option should have a "repel other groups" option in the action menu if i recall

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redarmy said:

if its a pre placed helo and you take control of the pilot,try disabling crew dismount ability from the attributes option in eden editor.

The repel option should have a "repel other groups" option in the action menu if i recall

Thanks, I'll give that a try

EDIT:  Tried, didn't seem to work.  I didn't see a crew dismount ability.  I tried enabling stay in immobile, and disabling FSM for the AI copilot.  The Co Pilot is the only one who ropes out, while the AI passenger (another group) just chills in the back.  I get no other option to rope once the copilot reaches the ground either.

10 hours ago, islesfan186 said:

Is there a way to have the option to get AI passengers to rope out using the action menu?  Right now, as the pilot, when I tell the AI deploy, my co-pilot is the only one that leaves.  Is there something I'm missing or do I have to do it via script?  I'm not using any waypoints at the moment, I'm just flying around aimlessly and trying to deploy the AI at a random point just to see if it works.

This would have to be done via script. When you tell AI to rappel using the action menu, it will only rappel your group.

• Like 1

Hellow. Anybody know how I can change rope length in script version ? Thanks.

I have to say, this is one of the most amazing things I have seen for Arma 3. It works very well with the AI which instantly provides very enhanced mission content, and looks very good as well. In fact, it looks and works so well, it really seems like it's something that you would see incorporated into the game by BIS. Just a few simple script command inputs, and there is a blackhawk helicopter flying in low, then nicely slowing to a stop and deploying by rope incrementally an entire squad of units to the ground - very atmospheric.

Great job on this.

Hello i'm trying to setup this mod on my server.

I've planted @Advanced_Rappelling inside my root folder, added the Keys into to Key section. commandline server and mod line, i've added @Advanced_Rappelling. added the CfgRemoteExec, but still isn't showing up the dropbox ingame, but it says in the rpt. that it has found the location of the mod so what could be wrong here? anyone who knows?

Is there any chance, that it will be repaired for Linux servers? Still like on github there is issue for this mod, it causes simulation do weird things for DAC, ALIVE and dynamic simulation :/ for linux servers, probably for animations

23 minutes ago, golas said:

Is there any chance, that it will be repaired for Linux servers? Still like on github there is issue for this mod, it causes simulation do weird things for DAC, ALIVE and dynamic simulation :/ for linux servers, probably for animations

What issues is Advanced Rappelling causing with ALiVE? If you can confirm an issue, does it only occur on Linux servers?

Alive or without it - AR damages simulation in some way on linux servers, so yea i can confirm it

22 minutes ago, golas said:

Alive or without it - AR damages simulation in some way on linux servers, so yea i can confirm it

If you can confirm the issue without ALiVE, why are you mentioning ALiVE at all? Your post makes it seem Advanced Rappelling breaks ALiVE's simulation. I use Advanced Rappelling myself in all my ALiVE ops and haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

If you can provide a repro of ALiVE's simulation breaking due to Advanced Rappelling, in an ALiVE, CBA and AR only environment, please share it. Chances are, the issue (if there is one) would need to be addressed by Duda, but it's possible the ALiVE team could do something about it on their end too (it depends on what's causing the potential issue). 

• Like 1

Like i said - it is not ALIVE issue, only AR oon linux dedicated server thats all, previous version without custom animations works well, newest not. And it is connected to: dynamic simulation, DAC or ALIVE, everything using simulation breaks when using thi nice mod

• Like 1

I'm using 1.3 as the mod version in SP, with minimal mods loaded. No matter which island/helicopter, on "Rappel self" it teleports me to far out in the sea and shows a weird animation. It's on ArmA dev version.

Meanwhile I have my unit simply jump out with no damage until landing. Also I added parachuting. Basically 2 functions:

AR_Chute_From_Heli_Action = {
   private _autoOpenChuteATL = 80 + random 40;
   private _failChanceOpenInTime = 0.1;
   private _loadout = getUnitLoadout player;
   if ((random 1) < _failChanceOpenInTime) then {_autoOpenChuteATL = random 75};
   removebackpack player; player addbackpack "B_Parachute";
   player setposATL [position player select 0, position player select 1, (position player select 2) - 10];
   waitUntil {getPosATL player select 2 < _autoOpenChuteATL};
   player action ["openParachute"];
   waituntil {isTouchingGround player};
   player setUnitLoadout [_loadout, true];
};

AR_Chute_From_Heli_Action_Check = {
    params ["_player","_vehicle"];
    if(((getPos _vehicle) select 2) < 100 ) exitWith {false};
    if(driver _vehicle == _player && isEngineOn _vehicle) exitWith {false};
    true;
};