duda123

Advanced Rappelling

Anyone want to help translate these?

Rappel Self
Rappel AI Units
Detach Rappel Device
All rappel anchors in use. Please try again.
Moving too fast! You've lost grip of the rope.

Arma supported languages: Czech, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, German, Korean, Japanese

Japanese:

ラペリングをã™ã‚‹

AI ユニットã¸ãƒ©ãƒšãƒªãƒ³ã‚°ã‚’ã•ã›ã‚‹

ラペリング器具をã¯ãšã™

全アンカーãŒä½¿ç”¨ä¸­ã§ã™ã€‚ã‚‚ã†ä¸€åº¦è©¦ã—ã¦ãã ã•ã„。

é™ä¸‹é€Ÿåº¦ãŒã¯ã‚„ã™ãŽã¾ã™ï¼ãƒ­ãƒ¼ãƒ—ã®æŠŠæŒã‚’ç„¡ãã—ã¾ã—ãŸã€‚

Edited by classic

French :

(For the moving too fast part I'm assuming you can only go downwards here so don't use this translation for urban rappelling :)

Rappel Self : Descendre en rappel
Rappel AI Units : Faire descendre les unités IA en rappel
Detach Rappel Device : Détacher le harnais
All rappel anchors in use. Please try again. : Tous les mousquetons sont utilisés. Réessayer plus tard.
Moving too fast! You've lost grip of the rope. : Descente trop rapide ! Vous avez lâché la corde.

Anyone want to help translate these?

Rappel Self
Rappel AI Units
Detach Rappel Device

Arma supported languages: Czech, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, German, Korean, Japanese

Does the last message mean that the operator descended the rope too fast? Or does it mean that the vehicle bearing the rope is travelling too fast?

If it is the former, then I suggest changing to "You descended too fast! You've lost grip of the rope"

If it is the latter, then I suggest changing to "You were towed too fast! You've lost grip of the rope"

Hope that helps

Italian:

Rappel Self
Rappel AI Units
Detach Rappel Device

Scendi in doppia

Fai scendere le unità AI

Stacca la corda

Tutti i punti di ancoraggio in uso. Prova di nuovo.

Sei (sceso=descended) troppo veloce!! Hai perso l'aderenza alla corda...

German:

Abseilen
KI Einheiten abseilen
Abseilgerät lösen
Alle Ankerpunkte fürs Abseilen belegt. Bitte nochmal versuchen.
Geschwindigkeit zu hoch! Du bist vom Seil abgerutscht.

Latest update is getting close. Working great in SP and just finished the first pass at making it MP compatible. Will be testing it out in MP tonight.

Here's the full list of changes:

1. Rappelling in MP won't look jumpy.

2. Visually, the rope won't lag behind the player when moving quickly.

3. Once you reach the ground, your player will automatically pull 3m of rope through the rappel device. You can walk around as long as there is slack in the rope. Player must manually detach from the rope. AI will auto-detach.

4. If the player doesn't detach, they can be lifted by the helicopter. This includes jumping off a building with the rope still attached  :)

5. The player will be injured if they land on the ground too fast. e.g. hit the ground at 60MPH and you're going to die.

6. Shooting while rappelling is going away. You'll also be in 3rd person while rappelling. No action will be available while on the rope in the air.

Unfortunately running into MP issues... will keep you posted. 

Does the last message mean that the operator descended the rope too fast? Or does it mean that the vehicle bearing the rope is travelling too fast?

If it is the former, then I suggest changing to "You descended too fast! You've lost grip of the rope"

If it is the latter, then I suggest changing to "You were towed too fast! You've lost grip of the rope"

Based on my testing, the text is used when the chopper flies too fast while the player is on the rope.

could you make your advanced mods a bit more challenging.

like you must have a certain item inside your inventory to rappell down a helicopter/building or towing cars?

there is no need to make that item visible 3d-object (just create a new class of a small vanilla item and name it rope)

• Like 2

Great stuff duda :D Love the detach self option can u tell me if helo lifted he would be flying with it?? or the rope would just follow helicopter with the guy on the ground

• Like 1

4. If the player doesn't detach, they can be lifted by the helicopter. This includes jumping off a building with the rope still attached  :)

Based on my testing, the text is used when the chopper flies too fast while the player is on the rope.

Based on your feedback, I suggest that duda123 replace "Moving too fast! You've lost grip of the rope." to "You were towed too fast! You've lost grip of the rope..."

Based on your feedback, I suggest that duda123 replace "Moving too fast! You've lost grip of the rope." to "You were towed too fast! You've lost grip of the rope..."

In this case, based on Domokun suggestion, this should be translated to portughese, Duda123:  "Seu transporte está muito rápido! Você soltou-se da corda de rapel!" 

I hope you sort the MP issue fast =)

cheers!

In this case, based on Domokun suggestion, this should be translated to portughese, Duda123:  "Seu transporte está muito rápido! Você soltou-se da corda de rapel!" 

Same here for the French translation, it should instead be something more like : "Transport trop rapide ! Vous avez lâché la corde."

Hello,
I tested your addon, it's really not bad. But I would like to know how to use with ACE.
For ACE cancels any bases interractions. <_<
Thank you for the answer. ;)

ACE has no effect on any of dudas' rappelling mods. Just scroll and use. :)

Is the locking to third person part possible to change or will it be locked to third for the future of development?

• Like 1

Polish!

Rappel Self - Użyj sprzętu Wspinaczkowego /or/ Zjedź na linie

Rappel AI Units - Użyj sprzętu Wspinaczkowego na AI /or/ ześlij AI na linie

Detach Rappel Device - Odczep UrzÄ…dzenie Wspinaczkowe /or/ Odczep LinÄ™

All rappel anchors in use. Please try again. - Wszystkie kotwiczki są w użytku. Proszę spróbować ponownie

Moving too fast! You've lost grip of the rope. - Poruszasz się za szybko, Wypuściłeś linę

Rappel mean climbing using rope, so thats the reason why you have other translations if your mod is using a Fast-rope use second version, if you mean Rappel use first

Thanks everyone for the translations! I might add these in to the current version.

If anyone wants to try out the new version of rappelling, it's in the github dev branch. Unfortunately I have only so much time to dedicate to this stuff. Since the MP issue seems like a major roadblock, I wouldn't hold your breath on this getting released anytime soon. Stinks because this was the basis for the SPIE / sky hook addons. Might need to fall back to a client side addon for those to make it work :(

• Like 1

hi

anyone else having probs with infantry stuck in rappel animation at start of game

if you do can anyone suggest a fix

i am using the dev build

thanks

Thanks everyone for the translations! I might add these in to the current version.

If anyone wants to try out the new version of rappelling, it's in the github dev branch. Unfortunately I have only so much time to dedicate to this stuff. Since the MP issue seems like a major roadblock, I wouldn't hold your breath on this getting released anytime soon. Stinks because this was the basis for the SPIE / sky hook addons. Might need to fall back to a client side addon for those to make it work :(

I don't think anyone would mind a client-side addon, it can't really be more than a few megabytes anyways, right?

• Like 1

the problem with infantry stuck in rappell animation seems to be related to the Dev build only on trouble shooting

only started happening after update this weekend

reverted to non Dev and problem was solved

can anyone suggest a fix for the dev build

Thanks

Question, I noticed that due to lag. or a sudden movement with the helicopter can cause it to explode when deploying troops. Why the pilot making a mistake isn't my issue. I have found that players in public servers, although unintentional. Jump the gun a bit early and can cause unnecessary deaths. Is there any chance we could see a master safety switch for the pilot, so he can decide when players can repel?

• Like 1

I got a error when add new mod.

Server stops when set to

mods="mods/@CBA_A3;mods/@ALiVE;mods/@AdvancedRappelling" with following error:

Cannot open file '/arma3/install/mods/@AdvancedRappelling\addons\ar_advancedrappelling'

Server runs normally when set to

mods="mods/@CBA_A3;mods/ALiVE"

I suspect backslash. How can I fix it?

muramasa wrote:

I got a error when add new mod.

Server stops when set to

mods="mods/@CBA_A3;mods/@ALiVE;mods/@AdvancedRappelling" with following error:

Cannot open file '/arma3/install/mods/@AdvancedRappelling\addons\ar_advancedrappelling'

Server runs normally when set to

mods="mods/@CBA_A3;mods/ALiVE"

I suspect backslash. How can I fix it?

Is that your exact startup parameter for the server?

Shouldn't it be this:

@AdvancedRappelling;mods

I'm missing why the ;mods are put in there, normally a server is run like client startup at least from my experience with gameservers.