duda123

Advanced Rappelling

I've been using your other mods as scripts and they all work perfectly. However I tried adding this mod just as a script and ran into problems with animation classes being duplicated between this and the AUR stuff. Any idea on how I can fix this?

You can't use custom animations if using this addon as a script. Maybe that's the problem?

You can't use custom animations if using this addon as a script. Maybe that's the problem?

I think the custom animations from AUR are working, or at least I get no errors with just AUR. I think the problem is that CfgAnimations has classes duplicated between AR and AUR. I.E. when I include CfgAnimation from AUR it works. When I add CfgAnimation from AR I get errors.

I think the custom animations from AUR are working, or at least I get no errors with just AUR. I think the problem is that CfgAnimations has classes duplicated between AR and AUR. I.E. when I include CfgAnimation from AUR it works. When I add CfgAnimation from AR I get errors.

What errors are you getting?

Are you trying to re-package as a new addon? I'd be surprised if you got AUR working with custom animations if it's just included as a script in a mission pbo. Description.ext doesn't support custom animations. Let me know what you're trying to do.

What errors are you getting?

Are you trying to re-package as a new addon? I'd be surprised if you got AUR working with custom animations if it's just included as a script in a mission pbo. Description.ext doesn't support custom animations. Let me know what you're trying to do.

No repackaging, just including the files in the mission from the Github download. Perhaps AUR is working but without the animations. I just included the config in description.ext and it shows no errors. When I tried adding AR in the same way I got these errors:

CfgMovesMaleSdr.BlendAnims: Member already defined.
CfgMovesBasic: Member already defined.
CfgMovesMaleSdr.BlendAnims: Undefined base class 'BlendAnims'
Warning Message: Config : some input after EndOfFile.

No repackaging, just including the files in the mission from the Github download. Perhaps AUR is working but without the animations. I just included the config in description.ext and it shows no errors. When I tried adding AR in the same way I got these errors:

CfgMovesMaleSdr.BlendAnims: Member already defined.
CfgMovesBasic: Member already defined.
CfgMovesMaleSdr.BlendAnims: Undefined base class 'BlendAnims'
Warning Message: Config : some input after EndOfFile.

Ok, you don't actually need to include any of the animation classes in your description.ext file. Only way for animations to work is to have the addon enabled.

• Like 1

Ok, you don't actually need to include any of the animation classes in your description.ext file. Only way for animations to work is to have the addon enabled.

Thanks! It's a shame custom animations can't be embedded in the mission.

Thanks! It's a shame custom animations can't be embedded in the mission.

Yeah I know...

Another great addon duda really enjoying it thanks for your hardwork on all of your advanced addons!

This is another fantastic addon, duda! You are truly master of ropes implementation in the game :) Thanks for your hard work!

Updated mod v1.3 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey duda123 , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Couple updates coming soon:

After working on the SPIE/skyhook addon for a while, I've found a good way to actually attach MP players to a physx rope (and still keep the addon as a server-side-only addon). There are pros and cons to this new approach, but I think it's worth it:

1. In MP, the other players will move smoothly and the rope won't lag behind the player if the heli is moving. From that perspective, it will look much nicer.

2. When the player reaches the ground, they won't detach automatically. You'll be able to walk around with the rope still attached. The heli can lift you back into the air if needed. Players will need to manually detach. AI will auto detach.

However, to make this work, a few things need to change:

1. Shooting while rappelling has to go away, sorry.

2. When rappelling self, you will go into a 3rd-person 360-degree orbital camera (works exactly like the 3rd person free look). You will be able to zoom in/out using scroll wheel.

3. No actions will be available while rappelling. You'll need to reach the ground.

Now, if this addon wasn't server-side-only, we could do more, but I think it's worth keeping it this way.

• Like 6

I think those concessions are understandable and fine. Nice work! Does this mean this can now also apply into your advanced urban rappeling/grappling ? :) 

1. Shooting while rappelling has to go away, sorry.

2. When rappelling self, you will go into a 3rd-person 360-degree orbital camera (works exactly like the 3rd person free look). You will be able to zoom in/out using scroll wheel.

3. No actions will be available while rappelling. You'll need to reach the ground.

1 & 3 yay!  2 boo!  But it's an understandable sacrifice.  Many people would be doing this in 3rd person anyway, so no great shakes.

I think those concessions are understandable and fine. Nice work! Does this mean this can now also apply into your advanced urban rappeling/grappling ? :)

I disagree on this one.  There isn't helo movement to counteract in the urban mod, and I doubt anyone wants to lose FFR (firing from ropes - you heard it here first! :D ) from urban rappelling.  Shooting in building windows FTW  :ph34r:

• Like 1

I disagree on this one.  There isn't helo movement to counteract in the urban mod, and I doubt anyone wants to lose FFR (firing from ropes - you heard it here first! :D ) from urban rappelling.  Shooting in building windows FTW  :ph34r:

Firing while rappelling is great. But i guess personally im more interested in the rappelling to work in uneven slopes (eg. Cliffs) so that you stay attached instead of falling to your death. So im a little biased there :-p.

"When the player reaches the ground, they won't detach automatically. You'll be able to walk around with the rope still attached."       <--Thats the part that interested me and hope makes rappelling on uneven objects possible. Perhaps even with manual anchoring.

• Like 1

Firing while rappelling is great. But i guess personally im more interested in the rappelling to work in uneven slopes (eg. Cliffs) so that you stay attached instead of falling to your death. So im a little biased there :-p.

"When the player reaches the ground, they won't detach automatically. You'll be able to walk around with the rope still attached."       <--Thats the part that interested me and hope makes rappelling on uneven objects possible. Perhaps even with manual anchoring.

That's actually a very good point.  It's almost like we need an urban rappelling mod, with firing (into windows etc), and a rural rappelling mod without firing and allow for sloped rock faces.

• Like 1

Dude ... and what happens when third person is disabled . Will it be shown anyway when someone repels?. I do not allow third person view on my server.. I do not plan to allow it and i will not allow it. Is this going to force someone into third person view even if it is disabled as per the server?

• Like 1

Dude ... and what happens when third person is disabled . Will it be shown anyway when someone repels?. I do not allow third person view on my server.. I do not plan to allow it and i will not allow it. Is this going to force someone into third person view even if it is disabled as per the server?

The 3rd person will still work even though you have it disabled. Will only be used when rappelling and will go back to 1st person once on the ground.

umm. what's wrong with Client side mods.. ? :-)

Just saying....

:-)

umm. what's wrong with Client side mods.. ? :-)

Just saying....

:-)

Nothings wrong with them, except that it's yet another addon people need to install.

Wish more addons could be server-side only. Let's you add functionality to your server and players don't even need to think about it.

• Like 5

Wish more addons could be server-side only. Let's you add functionality to your server and players don't even need to think about it.

-thumb.jpg

You're doing God's work Duda.

Latest update is getting close. Working great in SP and just finished the first pass at making it MP compatible. Will be testing it out in MP tonight.

Here's the full list of changes:

1. Rappelling in MP won't look jumpy.

2. Visually, the rope won't lag behind the player when moving quickly.

3. Once you reach the ground, your player will automatically pull 3m of rope through the rappel device. You can walk around as long as there is slack in the rope. Player must manually detach from the rope. AI will auto-detach.

4. If the player doesn't detach, they can be lifted by the helicopter. This includes jumping off a building with the rope still attached  :)

5. The player will be injured if they land on the ground too fast. e.g. hit the ground at 60MPH and you're going to die.

6. Shooting while rappelling is going away. You'll also be in 3rd person while rappelling. No action will be available while on the rope in the air.

• Like 3

Anyone want to help translate these?

Rappel Self
Rappel AI Units
Detach Rappel Device
All rappel anchors in use. Please try again.
Moving too fast! You've lost grip of the rope.

Arma supported languages: Czech, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, German, Korean, Japanese

Anyone want to help translate these?

Rappel Self
Rappel AI Units
Detach Rappel Device
All rappel anchors in use. Please try again.
Moving too fast! You've lost grip of the rope.

Arma supported languages: Czech, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, German, Korean, Japanese

Portughese:

Descer de Rapel

Ordenar a IA Descer de rapel 

Desenganchar Equipamento de Rapel

Todas as Ancoras de Rapel utilizadas no Momento. Tente novamente.

Descendo Rápido Demais! Você Desenganchou-se de seu Cordão.

Glad I could help =)

Spanish

Descender por Rapel

Ordenar a IA descender por Rapel

Desenganchar dispositivo de Rapel

Todas las anclas de Rapel en uso. Intenta nuevamente

Te has movido muy rapido! Has perdido agarre de la cuerda