duda123

Advanced Rappelling

duda - You're like a magician :) people see what they see and cant belive its happening :P i mean whoah its slide down on a rope, but it's probably based on physyx right? :)

Oh and one more thing, rappeling down from helis and buildings/ledges is awesome, but here a thing SPIE :) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Patrol_Insertion/Extraction

I never saw anyone who could try to do this in arma series but in my opinion it WOULD BE real magic in comparsion to rappeling :)

Please tell me You were thinking befire about making SPIE in arma please please please :)

woah there, one thing at a time. =P

sometimes the guy on the rope changes into the freefall animation...

im not sure if it depends on the height this needs more testing to be sure...

I believe the Arma 3 engine changes the player animation to free fall animation if he is 100 m above the ground.

woah there, one thing at a time. =P

I know I know :) wait for proper relase of this mod and humbly ask for another :) But when i see that ricky ticky rope/physx magic I feel like a little child first time in a circus or on magician show who just wants more :)

- just think how awesome would be to play with those capabilities offered from duda :)
  • Like 1

I can't believe how easy this amazing mod is to use.

Just add the mod to your startup parameters and BAM! Fastrope into hell, baby!

Thanks so much for this. It's remarkable in every way imaginable. And the fact that it takes literally zero startup time is a mission makers dream. I just hosted my own LAN for myself on a mission I made like a month ago and it's the perfect marriage.

Great great job, Duda.

• Like 1

Great addon. Very impressive addition to the functionality of arma.

One question, our server has seen a few (repeatable) bugs with this system, specificially in relation to the BlackFish Infantry transport vehicle, when a player chooses to rapel before the vehicle is stationary or at 'safe speed' it can cause the VTOL to explode mid-air. Is this a known issue and if not.. what would be the best way to investigate this error as there is nothing listed in the server RPT logs.

Many thanks,

Snowman.

Great addon. Very impressive addition to the functionality of arma.

One question, our server has seen a few (repeatable) bugs with this system, specificially in relation to the BlackFish Infantry transport vehicle, when a player chooses to rapel before the vehicle is stationary or at 'safe speed' it can cause the VTOL to explode mid-air. Is this a known issue and if not.. what would be the best way to investigate this error as there is nothing listed in the server RPT logs.

Many thanks,

Snowman.

Haven't seen that before, but I haven't spent much time testing it on the VTOL. Can you reproduce it in single player?

I'd guess that it's caused by the VTOLs width. The player is probably starting rappelling too close to the vehicle, causing it damage. If you can get it to reproduce in SP, that would be helpful in fixing the problem.

Thanks

in SP the csat VTol doesnt work as well ;O

Doesn't work at all, or blows up?

doesnt work , instead of rappelling the cargo it  just lands ;O

oh and one other thing would it be possible to have 2 choppers in 1 group to rappell their cargo in two different spots ? tried it with the activation line  you gave me last week but they both just circle around and nothing happens.

I know I know :) wait for proper relase of this mod and humbly ask for another :) But when i see that ricky ticky rope/physx magic I feel like a little child first time in a circus or on magician show who just wants more :)

- just think how awesome would be to play with those capabilities offered from duda :)

SPIE RIG!  :o

• Like 2

SPIE RIG!  :o

Yep :) In my opinion it would be one of the greatest mods for arma3 :)

• Like 2

Yep :) In my opinion it would be one of the greatest mods for arma3 :)

Agreed! This would be a total game changer

• Like 1

duda123 are you planing integrade Advanced Rappelling in ACE mod?

No - they will remain as stand-alone addons

• Like 2

maybe you should add a rope object, And when player takes it to inventory: he can use Advanced Rappelling, And if he hasnt  rope in inventory: he cant use Advanced Rappelling

• Like 1

Hey mate, I have unpacked this to use it on our server as a script instead of the addon, but I cant just cant get it to work, any idea on how to to it? thanks :)

Hey mate, I have unpacked this to use it on our server as a script instead of the addon, but I cant just cant get it to work, any idea on how to to it? thanks :)

Any specific reason you're trying to use it as a script? It's much easier to install as a server-side only addon.

• Like 2

you just upload the mod to your server, you dont need everyone to have it on clientside

Ahh ok, lol thanks guys! didnt know, thought it was needed by both the server, client side! plus keys :)

Is there a way to limit only two people to fastroping at once? I'd rather not have six people fastroping.

Any specific reason you're trying to use it as a script? It's much easier to install as a server-side only addon.

Ok, I have it server side only and its not working, so what am I doing wrong? sorry about this, I did as you said - put it server side and loaded it as I would any other mod server side but I don't get it working on the server.

Ok, I have it server side only and its not working, so what am I doing wrong? sorry about this, I did as you said - put it server side and loaded it as I would any other mod server side but I don't get it working on the server.

our issue was a space in it, rename the mod folder and try again (make sure the command line is changed too)