duda123

Advanced Rappelling

ah i see thanks -

and if i wanted them to rapell on top of a building , would this work ? :

NAME_OF_HELI doMove (getMarkerPos "Markername");

sleep 1;

[vehicle Name_OF_HELI] call AR_Rappel_All_Cargo;

and is there a possibility to just unload one specific group from cargo ? i.e. if i had two fireteams in them i would rappel one on the roof the other one would be unloaded in front of the building and they'd start clearing the building from two sides ( top and bottom )

ah i see thanks -

and if i wanted them to rapell on top of a building , would this work ? :

NAME_OF_HELI doMove (getMarkerPos "Markername");

sleep 1;

[vehicle Name_OF_HELI] call AR_Rappel_All_Cargo;

and is there a possibility to just unload one specific group from cargo ? i.e. if i had two fireteams in them i would rappel one on the roof the other one would be unloaded in front of the building and they'd start clearing the building from two sides ( top and bottom )

Maybe, but this will work even better:

1. Give the heli a move waypoint near the building (and then another move waypoint back where it came from)

2. Place a small object on top of the building (in the exact position you want to rappel onto). You can make it invisible if you'd like.

3. In the move waypoint activation (for the WP near the building), put this in:

[vehicle this, 25, getPosASL NAME_OF_OBJECT_ON_BUILDING] call AR_Rappel_All_Cargo

This will cause the heli to fly in, drop on top of the building, and then fly away once everyone is out.

Just watch out - the AI like to walk off the edges :)

ok what is "25" the height of the chopper ?

Yes - it's the rappel height. Heli will hold at 25m above the position specified w/in ~1m radius while units are rappelling.

I tested some helicopters to see which ones work with this mod. AI crew and AI "cargo". There were always 6 soldiers for rappelling.
List of helicopters that work:
UH-80 Ghost Hawk
CH-67 Huron
P-30 Orca
Mi-48 Kajman
Following ones are from RHS:
CH-47F (CH-47F(D))
UH-60M MEV (ESSS)
CH-53E
Mi-8MT
Mi-8MTV3
Ka-60

List of ones that didn't work;
MH-9 Hummingbird (Drops only 2 soldiers)
Mi-290 Taru (Hovers above waypoint. Tried it with cargo module)
Following ones are from RHS:
UH-60M (Drops 3/6)
UH-60M MEV (Drops 5/6)
MH-6M (Hovers above waypoint)
UH1Y (Drops 1/6)
Mi-24P/V (Both drop 4/6)
Mi-8AMT (Drops 4/6)
Mi-8MT (Cargo) (Drops 5/6)

I am sure that none of those 6 soldiers took position of gunner or any other position except cargo bench.

Nonetheless, I have to say this is by far my favorite rappelling mod :)
gEZRDRu.jpg?1

If anyone has time, can you try running this with one of the non-working RHS helis (after loading it up with crew + cargo groups) and pasting the output (found in your client log) here?

diag_log str (fullCrew VEHICLE_NAME)

DUDA , loving this mod... may i please suggest lowering the disable repel speed to something lower then 150kmph. thats pretty fast. its your mod, but for the sake of my avatars life in game and for the trolls of arma. can you reduce that to something under 50kmph.. like 25.. dont see why anyone would repel at that speed(150) i donno like i said its your mod but please give it a thought!

DUDA , loving this mod... may i please suggest lowering the disable repel speed to something lower then 150kmph. thats pretty fast. its your mod, but for the sake of my avatars life in game and for the trolls of arma. can you reduce that to something under 50kmph.. like 25.. dont see why anyone would repel at that speed(150) i donno like i said its your mod but please give it a thought!

I can lower it and set a speed which you'll automatically fall off.

Maybe you can rappel under 50 and auto fall off if the heli reaches 100?

• Like 2

Man, I love you for this awesome mod!!!

One thing though:

Just concerning the vanilla helicopters, I can confirm the list of MightyDusan

List of helicopters that work:
UH-80 Ghost Hawk
CH-67 Huron
P-30 Orca
Mi-48 Kajman

List of ones that didn't work;
MH-9 Hummingbird
Mi-290 Taru

The MH-9 doesn't even stop for me

Fix for all of the helis ai auto-rappelling is in github if you know how to use the script version.

That's one problem I wasn't able to solve if you place the cargo group directly into the heli using the editor.

Try placing cargo group outside the vehicle and then put this in the group leader's init line:

{_x moveInCargo NAME_OF_HELI} foreach units group this

If anyone has any ideas how to make the editor-placed-cargo units work, let me know. I've tried using the leaveVehicle function (which prevents them from trying to get back in), but it has the side effect of causing the pilot to stop following orders / waypoints for some reason.

This is usually caused by the units still having assigned roles (check with assignedVehicle) in the vehicle. Have you tried manually unassigning the units with unassignVehicle?

Is it poseble to make a custom bulding robeavleble??

• Like 1

That's one problem I wasn't able to solve if you place the cargo group directly into the heli using the editor.

Try placing cargo group outside the vehicle and then put this in the group leader's init line:

{_x moveInCargo NAME_OF_HELI} foreach units group this

If anyone has any ideas how to make the editor-placed-cargo units work, let me know. I've tried using the leaveVehicle function (which prevents them from trying to get back in), but it has the side effect of causing the pilot to stop following orders / waypoints for some reason.

This is usually caused by the units still having assigned roles (check with assignedVehicle) in the vehicle. Have you tried manually unassigning the units with unassignVehicle?

'UnassignVehicle' would make the units unable to re-embark their assigned vehicle later on, what is maybe not wanted. I'm using the following line to make a cargo group disembark its vehicle in my HCC mod :

{if ("cargo" in (assignedVehicleRole _x)) then {[_x] orderGetIn false; [_x] allowGetIn false}; } foreach units _group;

orderGetIn true and allowGetIn true to make the group re-embark.

@Duda : do you mind if I try to trigger your script from my HCC interface instead of a mission init file ? Basically the same stuff, but I wont do it without permission. All credits given obviously.

Is it poseble to make a custom bulding robeavleble??

Yes, the rappelling will work with all custom buildings. Anything that's steep and more than 4-5m high will work automatically. I was rappelling down some Tanoa cliffs yesterday.

Yes, the rappelling will work with all custom buildings. Anything that's steep and more than 4-5m high will work automatically. I was rappelling down some Tanoa cliffs yesterday.

am i not suprose to set eny thing in init ore somthing.. cant make it work:/

'UnassignVehicle' would make the units unable to re-embark their assigned vehicle later on, what is maybe not wanted. I'm using the following line to make a cargo group disembark its vehicle in my HCC mod :

{if ("cargo" in (assignedVehicleRole _x)) then {[_x] orderGetIn false; [_x] allowGetIn false}; } foreach units _group;

orderGetIn true and allowGetIn true to make the group re-embark.

@Duda : do you mind if I try to trigger your script from my HCC interface instead of a mission init file ? Basically the same stuff, but I wont do it without permission. All credits given obviously.

Yes, you can trigger my script in HCC.

Here's what I've seen during testing (when cargo group is placed in heli via editor):

unassignVehicle only: Heli lands and rappelled units get back in

unassignVehicle + allowGetIn false: Works perfectly, but then AI units aren't allowed to get in ANY vehicle after this and removes get in action for players. If you set allowGetIn back to true, they try to get in heli again

leaveVehicle only: Works perfectly for rappelled group. However, the group flying the heli stops responding to waypoints. It just gets stuck in one place.

According to the docs, when you place a group into a vehicle via the editor, it uses the addVehicle command ( https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addVehicle). It looks like the correct way to make the group leave the vehicle is leaveVehicle, but it has the side effect where the pilot's group stops responding to orders/waypoints.

am i not suprose to set eny thing in init ore somthing.. cant make it work:/

That's because building rappelling isn't part of the "Advanced Rappelling" addon. It will be published on Steam as "Advanced Urban Rappelling". Hasn't been released yet.

Yes, this is actually what it's doing right now.

Yes, you can trigger my script in HCC.

Here's what I've seen during testing (when cargo group is placed in heli via editor):

unassignVehicle only: Heli lands and rappelled units get back in

unassignVehicle + allowGetIn false: Works perfectly, but then AI units aren't allowed to get in ANY vehicle after this and removes get in action for players. If you set allowGetIn back to true, they try to get in heli again

leaveVehicle only: Works perfectly for rappelled group. However, the group flying the heli stops responding to waypoints. It just gets stuck in one place.

According to the docs, when you place a group into a vehicle via the editor, it uses the addVehicle command ( https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addVehicle). It looks like the correct way to make the group leave the vehicle is leaveVehicle, but it has the side effect where the pilot's group stops responding to orders/waypoints.

Thanks for the permission mate, although I just realize that that would be equivalent to re-publishing your own addon into mine, what I certainly dont want to do! I'll rather implement a command to  trigger the mod version, which would then still be required as a dependency.

Regarding your scripting issue : did you try with orderGetIn false and allowGetIn false, as I mentionned above ? Unassign is not the best option here.

Thanks for the permission mate, although I just realize that that would be equivalent to re-publishing your own addon into mine, what I certainly dont want to do! I'll rather implement a command to  trigger the mod version, which would then still be required as a dependency.

Regarding your scripting issue : did you try with orderGetIn false and allowGetIn false, as I mentionned above ? Unassign is not the best option here.

Yeah, optional dependency would be best.

To see if it's installed, you can check the AR_RAPPELLING_INIT missionNamespace variable. If it's nil, it's not installed.

I will try orderGetIn false. However, I don't want to use allowGetIn false because that will prevent them from getting in any future vehicle.

I've tried using the leaveVehicle function (which prevents them from trying to get back in), but it has the side effect of causing the pilot to stop following orders / waypoints for some reason.

Ok I see. If orderGetIn false doesn't work you might want to try this :

{_x leaveVehicle _vehicle); [_x] joinSilent group (leader (group _x))} foreach units _group;

which would reset the group after the 'leaveVehicle' command and make it able to move again.

Ok I see. If orderGetIn false doesn't work you might want to try this :

{_x leaveVehicle _vehicle); [_x] joinSilent group (leader (group _x))} foreach units _group;

which would reset the group after the 'leaveVehicle' command and make it able to move again.

Good idea - I'll try the joinSilent trick

why not combine all these into one mod and make them modules. so one could disable what they dont want. via usercfg or something. call it @AdvancedRopes

loving all your work on my server 

• Like 1

Good idea - I'll try the joinSilent trick

Unfortunately this didn't work either