hcpookie

Ulyanovsk - proof of concept

So it doesn't look "bad" however it isn't as pretty as other carrier models.  This is the port from the Mukcep free planes pack.  Colors are washed out (probably just needs some RVMAT tweaks) and the deck isn't walkable past 60m due to the way the INIT script attaches the roadway models.  AND the hull has no bottom :D

uly1.jpg

I might work on this some this year.  I have a lot on my plate but since this is a free model it should be accessible by anyone... which begs the question whether anyone else is working on a Russian carrier?

• Like 9

I was only reading about that ship today! Great work Pookie :D 

• Like 1

Looks great!  :D  Cant wait to see something for Opfor  ;)

I think even having this as a static carrier would be good, especially if its included in CUP as aren't some of the aircraft in the pack suited for it? Would also make a good OPFOR base against the LHD.

I'd give you a hand but my modding skills are "limited" if you've seen my help threads on the forums. I might just be able to make some missile models and textures up.

Would be awesome to see this, seeing there is really no opposition to all the NATO Navy assets in the game right now. As always, great work.

• Like 1

Well I can't get the damn deck to work.  I guess I need to research the LHD more.  I'm not going to work on this at present.  Maybe one day LOL

So it doesn't look "bad" however it isn't as pretty as other carrier models.  This is the port from the Mukcep free planes pack.  Colors are washed out (probably just needs some RVMAT tweaks) and the deck isn't walkable past 60m due to the way the INIT script attaches the roadway models.  AND the hull has no bottom :D

uly1.jpg

I might work on this some this year.  I have a lot on my plate but since this is a free model it should be accessible by anyone... which begs the question whether anyone else is working on a Russian carrier?

well I cant make an promises on what I am making or if i will complete it, but maybe in the near future I might make some large scale ship "buildings" for arma 3 or Arma 4 which the later im more inclined to work on. definitely the the kuznetsov class, Kiev Class with maybe a fiction modernized version  such as project 1178 comparable to US LHD classes,  Project 2300E or the Orel project, and the cool looking moskva class carrier :D but what im working on right now is an underwater weapon pack you know the standard SPP-1, APS, ASM-DT, ADS, HK p11, Mk-1, QBS-06. 

• Like 1

Attaching objects in game jacks up the roadway for some types of units.  The games model occlusion might give you issues too.  Either way, one way you could do it is put all of your roadways in the main unit .p3d and not the attached parts.

• Like 1

Ah but there is a finite limitation to the size.  60m seems about the limit.  Haven't looked at the LHD or LHS or whatever it was that has everything working.  Only here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Ships_Config_Guidelines

I tried the attachto which was what the original model port had in it, and fall through the deck every. single. time.  So again, screw it until I can sit down and learn how to make ships. 

Or never... I'm really not that motivated to do this LOL

I'm assuming it's meant to be a static ship/structure, right? If so, instead of attaching the roadway models, place them next to each other in the game world via setpos/setposASL/setposATL (can't recall which handles it better for horizontal alignment) via a init script, launched from a fake/helper object which would be the editor entry/starting point for "assembling" the carrier.