Imported my SILO "house" for side missions, scripting, etc.  Original thread:  http://forums.bistudio.com/topic/177204-nuke-silo-side-house-for-side-missions

This is what I consider a "pre-release" version. I would like to make the textures more military-like and less house-like.  And a few more things.

REQUIRES CUP TERRAINS!  Need the trees and terrain features. 

The Silo is in fact a "House" object.  It is intended to be teleported to for a "blow up the missile" kind of mission, like a side mission.  It places well in the editor.  Since it uses the original Chernarus or Desert terrain, it is best placed within those maps.  HOWEVER you can change the "ground" texture to anything you wish via the hidden selection with the setObjectTextureGlobal command.

Found in the 2D editor under "Objects".  Found in the 3D editor under "Structures - Village".

Download "version 0.9" here... this isn't quite ready for prime time but it does work within the game :

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=5B54FC51A7917265%2151694&cid=5B54FC51A7917265

Ideally, those who make EVO type missions w/ the side missions (bomb the convoy, etc) can now create a "disable the missile" with this House object.  I intend to build a custom map so mission makers who are challenged with teleport scripts can still use it.  Mission makers can script a teleport trigger (like the "elevator" trigger scripts) to enter/exit the silo.  The "entrance" is intended to be your team sneaking or otherwise forcefully entering, so there technically is no "front door" so to speak. 

To use, spawn or place it way out of the way of the normal AO so that it isn't accidentally stumbled upon.  You could place it 100km away, no matter.  Just need that teleport trigger to enter it.  Place the "enter missile bunker" trigger somewhere like one of the bunker entrances on Stratis, or one of the "mine shaft" entrances on Takistan.

It is intended to spawn on the upper-most room. Work your way down to the missile.  You could plant a charge, etc.  Path locations are present so AI should be able to wander the hallways.  Ideally the mission maker will place roaming AI in and around the entrance so players "breaking in" will have a bit of a challenge.  And remember... "check those corners"  :)

silo2.jpg
silo1.jpg

• Like 10

Posting to add that as this is a "pre-release" version, it will certainly have issues.

• Like 1

Wow...I remember this. A year and a half later here it is again :D

Any noticeable differences in this version?

geeeez pook.... you are all over the place right now!

Nice work brother. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the latest content pook, had a nice little walk around earlier :)

• Like 2

Wow, you really cover every aspect of nuclear warfare - bombers, missile silo, working nuke Skripts...

And if the team fails to conquer the Silo/stop the bomber plane, well, then there's the Nuclear Apocalypse and after that a world where you desparatly fight to get a ride in the battlebus!

• Like 2

Awesome, played around a bit with the old version a couple of months ago. Good to see this being worked on again.

Had a problem climbing the ladders on the old version that are in the silo. Going down them there was no trouble, but when I tried to climb back up I had issues dismounting the ladder at the top. Cannot wait to try it out latter today.

It reminded me xlabs from stalker. This is so amazing man, good job  :icon_eek:

Thanks for the comments!  Like that vid too :D   Placement is key to ensuring the ladders work.  You can try to place this in a valley to kind of blend in more, but if you do, you must ensure the insides don't intersect with the terrain, otherwise ladders and floors will fail to work.  That's another reason why it is best to place it "very far" away and teleport to it.

If I am doing something wrong I have no idea. Video below shows what I am talking about. Maybe rotate the ladders in the silo itself 90 degrees to the right so they are facing the floor, or create a platform infront of the ladder similar to the bottom of the top ladder?

Also would it be possible to get versions of this without the ICBM?

• Like 1

Seconded. It'd work perfectly as a secret lab (think Stalker) or a bunker of some kind, especially since it doesn't actually look much like an actual nuclear silo. The largest ICBMs in existence are 3.05m in diameter and fill their facilities pretty well:

Dnepr_inside_silo.jpg

Real missiles are also much taller and never have winglets.

If I am doing something wrong I have no idea. Video below shows what I am talking about. Maybe rotate the ladders in the silo itself 90 degrees to the right so they are facing the floor, or create a platform infront of the ladder similar to the bottom of the top ladder?

It looks like you're hopping off of the invisible platform on top of the ladder.  I've walked up/down that before no problem.  Can't understand why that is happening.  I can make that invis ledge a bit larger to compensate.

It's not an ICBM - its a N. Korea wannabe missile they have sold to "the bad guys" you are fighting against :D

And yes I know how big a real missile is... pretend it is a statue or a weather control modulator.  Or a flux capa... oh nevermind  EDIT to add - hit send too soon.  I had to make the entire silo area that big to accommodate the less-than-stellar collision detection of the Arma models.  I can make those platforms "deeper" toward the middle so there is more room to avoid those ladder issues and take up some of that extra space.  Perhaps one day I will drop other things in there like a "drug lab" ala the America's Army map from several years ago.  Or not.  I think I made that able to animate-hide but I am not at my main computer right now to check.  Regardless, use your imagination.  Its a freaking SCUD MODEL for cripes sake.  Maybe the dictator off ass-crack-istan is building a Super-Scud in his secret underground bunker, far beyond the reach of the Evil NATO plane's bunker busters.  So they have to have a really big chamber to build it and then launch it.  :)

• Like 1

That will work too. As soon as I dismounted from the ladder I quit pushing forward and it seems to kind of launch me. If I try to move diagonally while climbing the ladder I make it on the platform maybe 75% of the time.

Here is a wierd thing I came up with;Is it possible to place this thing Under Water?  For divers to get inside,sit in a operator room with computer screens,use it or destroy it with a Scuba-raider party and such,possible?

Here is a wierd thing I came up with;Is it possible to place this thing Under Water?  For divers to get inside,sit in a operator room with computer screens,use it or destroy it with a Scuba-raider party and such,possible?

I think thats not possible on sea because of the game engine.

A drug lab is a great idea, especially since someone actually did try to do just that. :) I think it was one of the biggest drug manufacturing schemes ever attempted, too. It used an old Atlas missile silo, which are completely different (for starters, they're actually square on the inside), but are also quite large in diameter. Atlas-F was the only silo-based ICBM that didn't have uniform diameter, due to the missile originally being designed to be launched from a horizontal coffin. Still not fins, but it did flare out at the bottom.