Sign in to follow this  
autigergrad

Is the red chain "no message received for xxx seconds" a crash issue or a band width issue?

My dedicated server continues to be plagued with desync/server crashes, typically an hour into a game.

I've been racking my brain, scouring the forums, etc to determine why. The rpt files won't look out of the ordinary at the time of the crash, yet I can't seem to keep a server up for longer than 2-3 hours without the no message received/red chain "server death".

Who else is experiencing this? Are you using a virtualized spawning mod like ALiVE or MCC? Is it a bandwidth issue? Is it a memory leak crash?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Could be anything and you have given no information other than it is broken and you are running some addons. My crystal ball says read this

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/172834-tutorial-debugging-server-issues-eg-not-loading-correctly/

Follow the instructions

Start with a vanilla install, no mods, mpmissions cleared and add a ONE known working mission for your community to run for a couple of hours such as patrol ops 3 by Roy86

1) Like so many folks who come on and ask for help never do.... prove a vanilla install first before you add anything else

2) Each stage when proven reduces the list of potential causes

3) If you cannot fix the problem having followed the guide, then post the information it asks for

Good luck !

My dedicated server continues to be plagued with desync/server crashes, typically an hour into a game.

I've been racking my brain, scouring the forums, etc to determine why. The rpt files won't look out of the ordinary at the time of the crash, yet I can't seem to keep a server up for longer than 2-3 hours without the no message received/red chain "server death".

Who else is experiencing this? Are you using a virtualized spawning mod like ALiVE or MCC? Is it a bandwidth issue? Is it a memory leak crash?

Inquiring minds want to know.

@autiger Hey make sure to follow the steps posted by terox,

also ALiVE and MCC can definetly decrease your performance do you notice any performance loss before the Server crashs?

Are letting both of the Programms controll the AI at the same time?

Retch

I think I might be able to clarify a bit (I haven't played with him super recently but AuTigerGrad is my squad leader)?

I think what's happening is he picked up a new server and is trying to run missions 100% proven to work on the old server. I know this because we play together and have no issues running almost everything he puts up.

Perhaps I'm wrong and he's not trying our tested tried and true ops (such as British Steel which is in my signature), but if he is this isn't a mission/mod problem. That I can say for sure. Not unless he's added something I'm not aware of.

Of course he'd have to clarify and I'm not even sure he has a new server (he said he was working on it) but I wanted to point out he isn't new to mission hosting and trying to suss out server problems.

Could be anything and you have given no information other than it is broken and you are running some addons. My crystal ball says read this

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/172834-tutorial-debugging-server-issues-eg-not-loading-correctly/

Follow the instructions

Start with a vanilla install, no mods, mpmissions cleared and add a ONE known working mission for your community to run for a couple of hours such as patrol ops 3 by Roy86

1) Like so many folks who come on and ask for help never do.... prove a vanilla install first before you add anything else

2) Each stage when proven reduces the list of potential causes

3) If you cannot fix the problem having followed the guide, then post the information it asks for

Good luck !

Well done on that guide.  Kudos.