Radioman

Arma 3 Warfare - Expressions of interest

Hello everyone,

I have begun work on an Arma 2 Warfare BE clone for Arma 3.

I've started from scratch with the intent of making a far more optimised CTI for Arma 3 which plays just like it did back in Arma 2.

I write to you now asking for expressions of interest in such a mission, as I have noticed that previous and even current Arma 3 CTI projects are left unplayed and eventually abandoned (WASP and Gossamer's to name a few)

Would you be interested in an Arma 3 Warfare, akin to Arma 2's Warfare BE?

You can track my progress on my Github here:

https://github.com/MarkusNemesis/A3Warfare/tree/master/A3Warfare.stratis

Please leave me a comment and show your support.

Cheers,

Radioman

• Like 4

Sounds good, I always liked the Warfare system with logi points and Money, always felt like a nice Operation you could fight in.

Having something like that in A3 the way it was like in A2 would be great!

Keep up the work

Retch

Will this be similar to the CTIs of old like we had in OFP?

• Like 1

Will this be similar to the CTIs of old like we had in OFP?

Hello,

I've not played OFP, so I would not know. MY foundation for this project is how Warfare BE worked in Arma 2, which was based off BIS' Warfare also in Arma 2.

Hello radioman.

No matter what people reply (interest wise) the masses will always move on to the next best thing.

Make the warfare remake for yourself and a few friends to enjoy. If others like it great, if it doesn't catch on then so be it.

As long as you are having fun then it is worth the effort.

• Like 4

Hello radioman.

No matter what people reply (interest wise) the masses will always move on to the next best thing.

Make the warfare remake for yourself and a few friends to enjoy. If others like it great, if it doesn't catch on then so be it.

As long as you are having fun then it is worth the effort.

I appreciate your reply. I ask because Warfare is a VERY big mission, and needs good numbers to be a fun experience for those playing. My friend base is around 5 odd people at best, and this mission would require 16-32. Not to mention the sheer volume of code required. If it's all for nothing, I will not be a happy person.

Hello,

I've not played OFP, so I would not know. MY foundation for this project is how Warfare BE worked in Arma 2, which was based off BIS' Warfare also in Arma 2.

Well Warfare was based off CTI from OFP and Arma1.

Good to see people are still interested in developing warfare/cti modes for A3.

If you want to use any of my code from GWAR3, feel free to do so. I just ask that credits are listed if that's the case :)

• Like 2

Well Warfare was based off CTI from OFP and Arma1.

Then yes, it should be :)

Good to see people are still interested in developing warfare/cti modes for A3.

If you want to use any of my code from GWAR3, feel free to do so. I just ask that credits are listed if that's the case :)

Just keeping the dream alive. :)

First, sorry for my poor english.

Are you trying to play on Jammywarfare(Zerty edition) or OFPS Servers?

Or Benny Warfare A3?

Or you try to create Warfare from Vanilla A2, like a When Diplomacy Fails(3 Sides(24 Player Slots)) or Warfare (2 Sides(16 slots)) ?

It's based on OFP, A1 Warfare, cause Author of it is Mike Melvin.

I hear that Benny work of new Warfare for OFPS Server.

First, sorry for my poor english.

Are you trying to play on Jammywarfare(Zerty edition) or OFPS Servers?

Or Benny Warfare A3?

Or you try to create Warfare from Vanilla A2, like a When Diplomacy Fails(3 Sides(24 Player Slots)) or Warfare (2 Sides(16 slots)) ?

It's based on OFP, A1 Warfare, cause Author of it is Mike Melvin.

I hear that Benny work of new Warfare for OFPS Server.

Hello,

I used to help out the OFPS folks when they were starting to modify their BECTI and got them migrated to Github. 

The Warfare I refer to is based on Warfare from Vanilla A2. Benny made a modification of it and that is what I aim to base my CTI on as it played well.

BECTI and any modification thereof is very different to how Arma 2's Warfare BE played.

Hello,

I used to help out the OFPS folks when they were starting to modify their BECTI and got them migrated to Github. 

The Warfare I refer to is based on Warfare from Vanilla A2. Benny made a modification of it and that is what I aim to base my CTI on as it played well.

BECTI and any modification thereof is very different to how Arma 2's Warfare BE played.

You might try BECTI: Sari's Edition https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/156917-spmp-becti/page-27#entry2638490

While regular BECTI (And zerty's ed) are very different from WarfareBE, Sari's edit rips (with permissions) many of the scripts directly from the Arma 2 BE mission to port into BECTI.