badluckburt

[WIP] Alexandria - the ultimate Arma library

Alexandria - the ultimate Arma library

Introduction
I’ve been working on a PHP project that parses config.cpps into a MySQL database and normalizes the data in the process.

It’s still in an early stage but I’ve got the import part down and it can spit out the correctly formatted config.cpps that you feed it.

You may wonder, what’s the use of this database? It can do a number of things really. Since the data is normalized, it’s very for example to retrieve all classes that have a certain property like scope=1;

One of the few things I’ve used the database for so far has been to create an addon that hides all vanilla Arma content from the editor. Another thing was to generate an array of each class that has a model defined and use that to make an automated screenshot script.

Since all class extensions are also mapped, it would be possible to visualize the effects of inheritance on a class’ properties which is something I plan to do at a later stage. Eventually this will lead up to a fully-fledged config.cpp editor that lets you create one from scratch and automatically fills requiredAddons[] etc. as you build up the config.

Stringtables are also imported and processed so properties with $STR_VALUES can be displayed in any available language if needed.

Using the database, I’m creating a new wiki with an advanced search system that can quickly retrieve any information you may want.

Fun facts
Arma 3 + Kart - Heli - Marksmen DLCs

• 35.356 unique classes
  • 33.337 class extensions
  • 7.537 unique properties
  • 88.411 classes total (every single class from all vanilla PBOs)
  • 438.169 class properties
  • 352.710 class property values ()
  • 85.458 subclasses
  • 17.263 stringtable entries

Roadmap

About the * STUFF * part, the functionality needed for a full config editor is quite extensive so it'll take some time to develop it. I can still develop other features while building that as long as they're small enough. I might even do them before I finish the wiki so feel free to make suggestions.

• Wiki
  • * STUFF *
  • Config editor

I'll eventually make the code public after I get to polish it up a bit. If you're really feeling the urge to do to the goats what Pvt. Nelson did then let me know and maybe we can work something out :P #GOATSLIVESMATTER

• Like 5

Sounds pretty cool. It would be great if it could be used to create the boilerplate for a new addon simply by selecting the class(es) you wish to inherit from.

Sounds pretty cool. It would be great if it could be used to create the boilerplate for a new addon simply by selecting the class(es) you wish to inherit from.

Thank you. That will be part of the config editor. It'll be the first editor functionality I release as the rest of the editor needs to built on top of that and generating the boilerplate / skeleton will work fine as a stand-alone thing.

Sounds great, will be interesting to see what people use it for. Looking forward to the release.  :)

very interesting work here. I have been playing with config for about a year now and dump quite a bit of info and this would make sense for queries dam loving it and can't wait. let me know if there is any testing needed. Currently I am writing desolation redux but will find the time.