xon2

Grouping/sorting missions in Arma 3's scenario section?

Hey everybody,

so i have subscribed to a lot of scenarios on the steam workshop (the one thing the workshop is really useful for). Probably more than i can ever play through :P.

But, i am a bit annoyed for some time now that there aint any useful grouping/sorting function. Yes, i can switch them around according to time subscribed, rating and name. What i really needed though, would be a funtion to assign missions to designated groups. For instance, all air scenarios with the A-164/A10 are scattered all over the place. Missions authors don't name scenarios with a A-164/A-10 in front so its all mixed up. Same with sniper missions. Not all missions have the word 'sniper' at the beginning.

Wouldn't it be really usefull to assign scenraios to certain groups by hand? So you could then make a group 'Underwater' or 'Diving' that really only contains missions of that sort, whatever the name of that scenario might be. No more scrolling through the list and checking for names that might convey a certain scenario type.

The only workaround i see at the moment would be a keeping a seperate list (on paper or textfile) or rather easier, adding those steam workshop scenarios to its own group in steam, where i could look them up easy and then search for it in Arma's scenario list. Better than nothing i recon.

How do you guys handle that issue? Are the any plans from BI to add some kind of sorting function for scenarios in game?

• Like 1

Agreed, I also feel the need to be able to manually assign groups, tags or comments to subscribed missions in the list. Would make it a lot easier to navigate and find the specific mission you'd like to play.

Hi there

I can't really say how it works in ArmA 3 but in ArmA 2 I just created subfolders in my ArmA mission folder. I grouped all mission for the UNSUNG or CWR mod in their relevant folder. It works like a charm. I can pretty much group missions in that way to keep everything organized. Fact is I don't know if that works with Steam subscribed mission. I'm still doing everything myself manually. I don't subscribe to missions on the workshop. But you could try to create subfolders in your mission folder and see if you can manage subscribed missions that way.

sorry for not being able to help. I'm still old school. LOL

Cheers

• Like 1

is there any good place to make a suggestion to BI about this? Should be fairly easy to implement.