4 minutes ago, Cosmo_D41 said:

Unfortunatelly i dont know anymore which program i used for my satmap, so i cannot tell you. But as this or a similar program helped me a lot, it might be worth trying out. Especially as there are trail versions. With some google there are also some other simillar tools. The big advantage is, that they ususally recognize shapes on the boarders and fit the tiles accordingly, even with overlapping pictures. And yes the tool i used made a whole satmap for me with 16K x 16K from my pictures.

I sent you a PM

the PTgui is actually a really solid piece of software even while using the trial version. I do have to fix some things but it has saved me hours of work right there in generating a sat image that's complete. Unless there is something even better than what I just used that's even user friendlier then this seems to be best the approach to getting this up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gauroroth said:

Why not use this?

http://pmc.editing.wiki/doku.php?id=arma3:terrain:satellite-texture-terra-incognita

It makes excellent sat images.

Just select your region, zoom in so you are on 100m so it is 1m = 1px.

Then save the selection als oziexplorer file and wait until it has downloaded the file.

Your link doesn't work

really? well, if you go to the pmc wiki you should find information about terra incognita under real world data.

how do i og about getting a height map AND satelite image ( as different layers) that are indentical in position and witha  1 meter accuracy. thanks. 

I think you have to align them manually in photoshop. Make them the same size etc.

update: I'm done

To clarify: I am no longer working on this project. It has gone nowhere and is beyond my technical expertise as well as having nearly no time due to my real life commitments. 

On 3/12/2018 at 7:54 PM, First Sea Lord Kiwi said:

update: I'm done

To clarify: I am no longer working on this project. It has gone nowhere and is beyond my technical expertise as well as having nearly no time due to my real life commitments. 

Please lock this thread to replies. Thank you. 

Ladies and Gentlemen, 

Due to the new mod tools being released for Arma Reforger and subsequently Arma 4, work has restarted on the map and has made a lot of progress in the last 3 days. 

here are some pictures!

We are looking for model makers that can make non enterable buildings for us as well. We will not be recreating areas that are of a sensitive nature. All of our resources and references are coming from public sources.

This will not be released for arma 3. 

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MajorBlumkin said:

How are you able to save? My reforger tool keeps crashing when trying to save a new map.

Best go on the arma discord and ask in the enfusion terrain makers channel.

By the way, Hi, I'm also working on this project with Kiwi

4 hours ago, harry26548 said:

Best go on the arma discord and ask in the enfusion terrain makers channel.

By the way, Hi, I'm also working on this project with Kiwi

Roight

How large are you making this terrain in Enfusion? I've been wanting to do Oahu but it's pretty big compared to most ARMA terrains.

On 5/25/2022 at 8:18 AM, Airwolf said:

How large are you making this terrain in Enfusion? I've been wanting to do Oahu but it's pretty big compared to most ARMA terrains.

it will be the entire base. so approximately 30 x 30 km. 

we will not be recreating Oceanside or San Clemente, they will be barren hills. We will not be recreating base housing (for the most part) or any schools. The naval weapons station will not be recreated either other than the road, it too will be barren hills. 

On 5/25/2022 at 9:18 AM, Airwolf said:

To add on to what Kiwi said, you are only limited by cell size and total cells.

For example, our terrain is roughly 30.2kmx30.2km with a cells size of, I think, 2