No. CUP is amazing. Simple -my arma3 folder are already 40gb with must have addons and I'm always happy when  can save space - performance. my old laptop gives me only 50 fps when run arma3 with all  mods

... when  can save space - performance. my old laptop gives me only 50 fps when run arma3 with all  mods

You have a good old laptop :-o

For mission making purposes it's always good to have options - CUP is great when needed to be in use  ;)

• Like 1

Uploaded newest version, same location.

v4.4: 9/22/2016:

• FIX: “Burst†popup error
  • FIX: Incorrect red numbering
  • FIX: Incorrect Russian “star†overlay texture
  • FIX: Tu-16 damage textures
  • FIX:  Missile exhaust trails no longer emit from missile centers
  • IMPROVED: “Dirty†engine exhaust effects
  • IMPROVED: Tu-95 engine noises
  • IMPROVED: “Zeus†mode configuration; 3D editor preview images and “Virtual Garage†settings
  • NEW:  Kh-15/S anti-shipping missile (aka AS-16), with conventional HE warhead configuration
  • NEW:  Kh-15/P anti-shipping missile (aka AS-16), with anti-radiation homing warhead configuration.  ARM scripts are enabled for the models so equipped.
  • NEW:  Kh-22 anti-shipping missile (aka AS-4) with conventional HE warhead configuration
  • NEW:  New FAB-250 3D model and texture
  • NEW:  CUP is now optional:  Now uses default factions for cross-mod compatibility
  • NEW:  Tu-95-M55 version:  Nuclear capable model with 2x Kh-55 N-ALCM cruise missiles.

The Kh-15/P missile is the anti-radiation homing missile.  Uses same "seek and fire" scripts as my SAM pack.

If you aren’t already with my SAM pack, you should fix that problem :)   However if you only use the ARM homing missiles in this mod, understand the process.  The on-board Emitter Location System (ELS) is the receiver and processing unit that allows the plane to detect the appropriate radar signals.  The Pilot Only user actions are arranged to be used as follows:

1. Detect the enemy radar by selecting the “SEAD – Activate ELSâ€.   This turns on the ELS and preps the missile to fire.
  2. Assuming you find a valid target, you may fire at it or elect to avoid it, depending on mission requirements.  To engage the target, select the “SEAD – Indirect Fire Mode†to launch the missile at BVR distances, up to 10km. 

Due to the Arma view distance limitations, you may find that any target outside of your view distances will not be able to stay selected as the current target.  If you find this to be the case, you may select the “SEAD – Detect and Auto Fire†action to work around this Arma game limitation. 

Understand that the “Detect and Auto Fire†action will fire the missile, regardless of the direction the aircraft happens to be facing, and that the missile doesn’t have a sharp turn radius.  Therefore, you should consider this option with care to avoid wasting a missile!  You should use the “SEAD – Activate ELS†action several times while maneuvering the aircraft to point toward the target for better positioning BEFORE you fire the missile.

More information about the anti-radiation homing missiles can be found in the Guide for my SAM Pack!

Also a sneak peak at another Soviet-designed bomber...

su24_test.jpg

• Like 3

hcpookie as always amazing update . Thank you. Have a questions . Is it    possible to add all your init options (equip ecm ,ARM , change missile  alarm sound  ) to module ? it would be very easy to use  module

as I understand there is no GPS system of cruise missiles...

su 24 :inlove:

Fixed an RPT reference that I missed the last time.  No one has reported ANY problems w/ the pack so I must assume it is working fine for others...

A sneak peek at another older bomber, the Tu-22M... a completely new 3D model and conveniently uses the same paint scheme as the Su-24.  I am still sorting out some of the 3D model parts before officially adding it to the pack.  Since it is a new 3D model of a legacy bomber, the desire to make an accurate cockpit is right around 0.001%.  Therefore I may just copy/paste a cockpit from another bomber like the Tu-16 since it is "close enough" for game play purposes.  I seriously doubt anyone would cry foul at having another plane with a cockpit that isn't 100% accurate.  Unless someone simply wants to build a cockpit for it... :)

This and the Su-24 will "round out" the bombers.  I have been considering that since I have ported in so many Soviet-era planes in different projects I am considering combining them all into one big project to better facilitate MP servers.  Having a mile-long mod list is cumbersome!  So I will probably combine this with my Flankers, Mig-29, A-50 and AN-12 for one convenient download.  It would certainly help the MP server situation!  And who doesn't want more OPFOR planes to shoot down :)

Tu22test.jpg

• Like 4

Fixed an RPT reference that I missed the last time.  No one has reported ANY problems w/ the pack so I must assume it is working fine for others...

A sneak peek at another older bomber, the Tu-22M... a completely new 3D model and conveniently uses the same paint scheme as the Su-24.  I am still sorting out some of the 3D model parts before officially adding it to the pack.  Since it is a new 3D model of a legacy bomber, the desire to make an accurate cockpit is right around 0.001%.  Therefore I may just copy/paste a cockpit from another bomber like the Tu-16 since it is "close enough" for game play purposes.  I seriously doubt anyone would cry foul at having another plane with a cockpit that isn't 100% accurate.  Unless someone simply wants to build a cockpit for it... :)

This and the Su-24 will "round out" the bombers.  I have been considering that since I have ported in so many Soviet-era planes in different projects I am considering combining them all into one big project to better facilitate MP servers.  Having a mile-long mod list is cumbersome!  So I will probably combine this with my Flankers, Mig-29, A-50 and AN-12 for one convenient download.  It would certainly help the MP server situation!  And who doesn't want more OPFOR planes to shoot down :)

Tu22test.jpg

I love you pookie. In a totally platonic way I promise. You're literally my mod-making bro crush right now though for this post. I've missed the Tu-22s, SU24s, and Mig-29s. You're the best, great work both in this project and in the AA system, your contributions to CUP and other projects. Good show.

Been learning more in Blender.  Yep, it is a Tu-160 mesh.  MESH ONLY.  As in only triangles.  No textures, no nothing. 

I was hoping the wings and the landing gear of the Tu-22 were similar enough to copy/paste but that does not seem to be the case.  So this may or may not get more attention waaay down the road, maybe in 2018.

Tu160mesh.jpg

• Like 5

The Tu-22 is done.  All the bells and whistles will be added.  I need to fix the bitching betty height adjustment then it should be ready to release.

Tu-22 has 2 versions:

First Version:

- 2x Kh-15/S AGM

- 18 FAB-250 (external)

- 64 FAB-250 (internal)

Second version:

- 3x Kh-22 ASM

- 18 FAB-250 (external)

Tu22flight.jpg

Su-24 works but has no weapons yet.  I'm working on a self-contained weapon set so as to avoid mod dependency issues this time around.  The Su-24 won't be able to expand until I get those complete.  For now, however, the Su-24 is just a basic unarmed plane!

• Like 3

A QUESTION -

Light or dark brown?  I'm leaning toward dark brown...  thoughts?

Su24sand.jpg

• Like 1

A QUESTION -

Light or dark brown?  I'm leaning toward dark brown...  thoughts?

Su24sand.jpg

Dark brown...if it is supposed to be a camouflage for desertic AO, a darker tone would reflect less light and better mimic the land under it (while flying with RCS autopilot on); SEPECAT Jaguars had this dark brown, so I guess my argument has some historic value lol

I was going to suggest using Vanilla OPFOR weaponry while your (along with eggbeast) missilebox isn´t ready, but I see the SU-24 is already config´d to be armed...right?

Cheers!

deffo the darker one. Also, if the grey one is supposed to be RuAF, then it too needs a bit of darkening in the same manner  ;)

• Like 1

Update:  Download in same location in first post.

v5.0: 11/14/2016:

• FIX:  RPT error:  missing KIA_AN12_Cargo
  • IMPROVED:  Removed Virtual Garage duplicates
  • IMPROVED:  Added Virtual Garage TextureSelections for different paint schemes
  • NEW:  Tu-22 Bomber family
  • NEW:  Su-24 Bomber
  • Like 4

Of interest on those textures, I kept both but reduced the saturation so they look less cartoon-like.  Faction-based and that green/tan color is an experiment that turned out surprisingly well!

• Like 2

Update:  Download in same location in first post.

v5.0: 11/14/2016:

• FIX:  RPT error:  missing KIA_AN12_Cargo
  • IMPROVED:  Removed Virtual Garage duplicates
  • IMPROVED:  Added Virtual Garage TextureSelections for different paint schemes
  • NEW:  Tu-22 Bomber family
  • NEW:  Su-24 Bomber

Popup errors? 

Anyone getting them since this update?  I received a PM that someone was still getting them.  I am not.... if so, please let me know what combination of mods are in play.

Popup errors? 

Anyone getting them since this update?  I received a PM that someone was still getting them.  I am not.... if so, please let me know what combination of mods are in play.

Good on my end so far no errors.