UPDATE: Version 5.1 - No longer requires CUP, and CUP is now supported as an optional configuration.  Look for the optional "pook_Bomber_Factions" rar file for the CUP-specific options!  :)

Copyright 2016 hcpookie.  This item is not authorized for posting on Steam, except under the Steam account named hcpookie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 5 major feature:  Added Tu-22 and Su-24 aircraft.

Version 5.1 update - fix to nuke script and CUP addon signing issue affecting MP server joins

All planes are found in a new "Air-Bomber" category in the editor.  3D editor preview pics now included.

Changelog of fixes and improvements:

v5.1: 11/26/2016:

• FIX:  CUP faction PBO signing issue
  • IMPROVED:  Nuke script start errors

v5.0: 11/14/2016:

• FIX:  RPT error:  missing KIA_AN12_Cargo
  • IMPROVED:  Removed Virtual Garage duplicates
  • IMPROVED:  Added Virtual Garage TextureSelections for different paint schemes
  • NEW:  Tu-22 Bomber family
  • NEW:  Su-24 Bomber

v4.4: 9/22/2016:

• FIX: “Burst†popup error
  • FIX: Incorrect red numbering
  • FIX: Incorrect Russian “star†overlay texture
  • FIX: Tu-16 damage textures
  • FIX:  Missile exhaust trails no longer emit from missile centers
  • IMPROVED: “Dirty†engine exhaust effects
  • IMPROVED: Tu-95 engine noises
  • IMPROVED: “Zeus†mode configuration; 3D editor preview images and “Virtual Garage†settings
  • NEW:  Kh-15/S anti-shipping missile (aka AS-16), with conventional HE warhead configuration
  • NEW:  Kh-15/P anti-shipping missile (aka AS-16), with anti-radiation homing warhead configuration.  ARM scripts are enabled for the models so equipped.
  • NEW:  Kh-22 anti-shipping missile (aka AS-4) with conventional HE warhead configuration
  • NEW:  New FAB-250 3D model and texture
  • NEW:  CUP is now optional:  Now uses default factions for cross-mod compatibility
  • NEW:  Tu-95-M55 version:  Nuclear capable model with 2x Kh-55 N-ALCM cruise missiles.

4.3: 6/26/2016:
 - IMPROVED: Tu-16 classnames added to cfgPatches section for Zeus compatibility

4.2a: 6/25/2016:
 - FIX: Tu-95 weapon popup errors; texture errors; nuke arming instruction error in PDF

- FIX: Tu-95 rear turret optic
 - FIX: New “Burst†class popup error. Should no longer cause popup errors
 - IMPROVED: Missile locking and guidance behavior
 - IMPROVED: RVMAT adjusted for better texture colors
 - IMPROVED: 3M80 Moskit missile renamed to GRAU designation “Kh-41â€
 - IMPROVED: Bomb bay doors now utilize the new “maxHoldsterValue†animation source; removed deprecated bomb bay door user actions
 - IMPROVED: Kh-101 3D model based on recent launch footage
 - NEW: Tu-16, Tu-16 K-10 variations
 - NEW: ASR-2 (aka AS-5) Air-to-Surface missile
 - NEW: K-10 (aka AS-2) Air-to-Surface missile
 - NEW: 3D editor components (new “Air - Bomber†class, author credit, preview pics)
 - NEW: Kh-55 (aka AS-15 “Kentâ€) nuclear ALCM.  Experimental at present.

The major Tu-95 family derivatives are present.  The Tu-95 versions in this addon provide conventional bomber, strategic strike capabilities, and in the Tu-142 the ability to detect Ship objects (submarines, boats, etc.) via the use of the sonobuoy detection feature.

Now included are Tu-16 family aircraft, including a strike/ASM version and a conventional bomber/ASM version.

Included is a PDF guide describing the finer points of the mod, capabilities, and use of the Nuke Script.

Wait... did I say "Nuke Script"???

Tu_Nuke.jpg

Download the mod and the PDF "guide" here:   https://onedrive.live.com/?id=5B54FC51A7917265!32228&cid=5B54FC51A7917265

The standard Tu-16: 

Tu16.jpg

The Tu-16-K10 Strike/ASM model.  Note the massive size of the K10 (NATO: AS-2) missile:

K10launch.jpg

Tu-95 "Bear-H":

Tu95_M.jpg   

Tu-142 "Bear-F" (note tail stab antenna sensor array and front glass bombardier canopy, and lack of underwing weapon pylons): 

Tu142.jpg

Kh-41 (3M80) ASM missile.  3x 3M80 "Moskit" missiles: 

Tu95_3_M80.jpg    3_M80launch.jpg

Conventional bomber version w. 24 FAB-250 bombs: 

Tu95_MS.jpg

Tu-95 MS-16 (Bear-H) with 16 Kh-65 CALCM:

Tu95_MSM.jpg

Tu-142 dropping sonobuoy: 

Tu142_Sonobuoy.jpg

• Like 14

Tu-16 has some interesting new missiles, including the K-10 (NATO: AS-2 "Kipper"), and the KSR-2 (NATO: AS-5 "Kelt")

Both cause massive damage to a large area due to their large warhead.  The conventional bomber replaces the dedicated K-10 with 24x FAB-250 bombs.

ASR2close.jpg K10.jpg 3m80_test.jpg

K10.jpg ksr2_1.jpg

The use of the NUKE missile on the Tu-95 is detailed in the PDF GUIDE!  Read it, love it.  The "short form" version is simple - add the nuke missile magazine and weapon to the Tu95.  In theory the same weapon could be added to other planes capable of carrying the Kh-55 ALCM.  Script lines are in the PDF, and also in the first post (see the "Errata" section)

A word on the Nuke script behavior. 

The nuke script spawns several other scripts to do other jobs so as to avoid lag spikes.  Tested in SP mode only.  Lag is now marginal at most.  The weather change that the script incurs is a known laggy command.  So other than that single "blip" it should not cause noticeable lag.  I altered the original legacy script to significantly reduce the number of particle effects it produced which caused a HUGE increase in FPS.  One of the commands was generating particles at 0.001 seconds!  So now, it is much more tame and retains the mushroom cloud.

The interesting part for me is the building damage script.  Again, to avoid lag, I introduced a random pause in-between buildings to damage.  So you may be inside a building and it will start to fall apart around you!  This potential for cave-in after the blast creates an interesting dynamic if you are playing inside a town.  It could be leveraged to make a "crumbling building" mod for a town that literally makes the buildings fall apart randomly.  That may be of use to apocalypse-type scenarios.

The nuke damage is subjectively assigned based on vehicle class, so armored vehicles take less of a beating than a light vehicle.  All vehicles that remain in the zone will continue to incur damage at different rates.  I think I timed the "full health to death" rate for a Man unit to be just about 2-3 minutes or so.  Vehicles "decay" at a different rate, so one in theory could drive through a radiation zone in an armored vehicle to avoid direct damage to their health.  This simulates fallout, and also simulates the NBC protection on many modern military vehicles.

I may refine the nuke script further.  Not sure at this point.  EMP is something I would like to add, but difficult due to the current scripting commands (e.g. "engine off" actions).

Class names are also detailed in the PDF Guide.

• Like 6

Slight update - forgot to include the patched file to prevent popups... update v4.1 in the same dl location!  Thanks Jeza for the heads-up!  :)

• Like 1

Thank you for all the hard work you put into your mods hcpookie.  I'm always excited when you release stuff.  :rthumb:

Time to go use some nukes!  :y:

Awesome! 

Just tried it out and I have problem. All of them are just black. Inside textures are ok but exterior is all black. Do you have any idea on how to fix this :) ?

Textures seem off for me, and I can't seem to use any of the weapons apart from the laser designator

http://imgur.com/a/8oAyP

All the Tu-95's are black and don't have any weapons on them.

If I'm missing anything please let me know.

Strange.  It worked for me a few hours ago.  Let me look into this.

Textures seem off for me, and I can't seem to use any of the weapons apart from the laser designator

All the Tu-95's are black and don't have any weapons on them.

If I'm missing anything please let me know.

What other mods are you running? Are you on stable or dev branch?

EDIT - issue fixed.  See first post for update.

I can use all weapons, and they work but textures are all black :/ 

Stupid question, but do you run CUP mod as well?

This is me just now... works fine.  Are there other mods running? 

Just checking my rpt, it looks like there are quite a few texture paths referencing maps from your SAM pack. My guess is most people aren't running both your bomber pack and your SAM pack (they should :) ).

Just checking my rpt, it looks like there are quite a few texture paths referencing maps from your SAM pack. My guess is most people aren't running both your bomber pack and your SAM pack (they should :) ).

Then I know what the problem is.

There is an RVMAT I cloned from the other mod.  I could have sworn I updated those to point to the new paths when I copied them.  I obviously missed one!  Thanks for that hint.  That's what I get for staying up until 3:00 AM working on this :)

EDIT - fixed.  I confirmed by removing all PBO's except these and tested in-game with all the versions.  "FIXED"!!!  Uploading the fixed files now.

• Like 1

Bump - uploaded fixed files v.4.2  to same location in the first link.  My apologies again as this one RVMAT update slipped through the cracks.  Fixed!  :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the fixes pookie, having an issue testing out the nuke manually, I put:

this removeMagazineTurret ["tu95_1Rnd_Kh65",[0]]; this addMagazineTurret ["tu95_1Rnd_Kh65",[0], 1]; this addWeaponTurret ["tu95missilelauncherKH55",[0]];

Into the Tu95-Ms init, and cycling through weapons its empty and seems not to replace what its intended to do, none of the 10 other missiles are nukes for me either, I am I doing something wrong (I guess so :D) ?

Thanks.

Thanks for the fixes pookie, having an issue testing out the nuke manually, I put:

this removeMagazineTurret ["tu95_1Rnd_Kh65",[0]]; this addMagazineTurret ["tu95_1Rnd_Kh65",[0], 1]; this addWeaponTurret ["tu95missilelauncherKH55",[0]];

Into the Tu95-Ms init, and cycling through weapons its empty and seems not to replace what its intended to do, none of the 10 other missiles are nukes for me either, I am I doing something wrong (I guess so :D) ?

Thanks.

Let me double-check the PDF.  It SHOULD be

this removeMagazineTurret ["tu95_1Rnd_Kh65",[0]]; this addMagazineTurret ["tu95_1Rnd_Kh55",[0], 1]; this addWeaponTurret ["tu95missilelauncherKH55",[0]];

I likely typed that wrong :)  Update- yep it is wrong in the PDF.  UGH what a day lol

OK I have updated the first post w/ the updated instructions.  I have also updated the PDF and the RAR file (now "version 4.2a") with the updated instructions.  Enjoy the nukes :)

• Like 1

Hey, sorry that I didn't respond quicker. Good news: the textures are fixed now. Bad news: weapons still don't show up and the Tu-95's seem to be a bit opaque.

The bombers also wouldn't show up in Zeus and the locations in the 3-D editor are a bit weird (see screenshots)

http://imgur.com/a/WhJcX

I am using mods and I will try it without mods later today.

Sorry if it looks like I'm nitpicking, please tell me if you feel I do.

I am using mods and I will try it without mods later today.

Sorry if it looks like I'm nitpicking, please tell me if you feel I do.

Please let me know which mods.  The popup error does not appear for me when I am using only my mod and CUP.  That weapon inherits directly from CUP_M_KH29L_AT which inherits directly from M_Scalpel_AT.  So "namesound" should be inherited.  It would seem other mods may break that inheritance.

As for the Zeus thing I will have to look again.  I added everything to cfgpatches which I'm told is the only thing Zeus requires so who knows. update - it looks as if I may have to add the individual class names for zeus.  That's a real PITA I will say.

As far as placement in 3D editor, well the vehicles are "centered" so to speak so I can't think of any reason that would happen.  May just be a 3D editor behavior.

These are the mods that I'm using: http://i.imgur.com/EG1UUZP.png

Now that I'm looking at this I might have forgotten a CUP mod?

CupVecs, Cup Units, Cup Weaps are missing

Sorry to be a pain in the ass pookie but adding the code from updated PDF gets the following:

VR3ccMZ.jpg?1

No pain at all!  Always glad to figure out problems.  Almost always  :)

Now I copy/pasted that directly out of the PDF and changed that "65" to a "55" and it worked.  So that is darn peculiar.  I did observe that the proxies aren't altered like I expected (proxy numbering) so instead of the far-right pylon, the very last pylon inside the weapon bay is replaced.  Good old proxy ordering :)  However it launched fine.  Strange?  Let me look at it again... maybe I'm doing something out of habit and not noticing.

I just loaded up the 3d editor and copy/pasted this in to Object INIT (from the first post)... and it worked.  There is a "composition init", which is NOT the Object INIT.  So be sure it's in the Object INIT

this removeMagazineTurret ["tu95_1Rnd_Kh65",[0]];
this addMagazineTurret ["tu95_1Rnd_Kh55",[0], 1];
this addWeaponTurret ["tu95missilelauncherKH55",[0]];

Edit to add - I placed it into the "composition INIT" and got that problem ;) 

Now "WHY OH WHY" is there a "composition INIT" that appears to be non-specific to the object, in the object's editor?  You have to do a half-dozen things to make the damn planes fly in the 3D editor (could be fixed!!!!!)  and yet there's a "composition init" that appears at first glance to be "the" init.  SIGH... this 3D editor is quickly sapping my will to continue modding.

• Like 1

Bingo, 3D editor, in the object bit still being annoying, 2D editor all is golden :D

5iTQQyT.jpg

• Like 2

YAY!  :) 

I uploaded "version 4.3" which adds every single Tu16 version into the cfgpatches, so the Zeus mode should work correctly.  It seems you can't "cheat" with a super class.  As I don't know how to play Zeus I'll have to wait on feedback to know it works.

I also updated the documentation w/ this screenshot which better explains where to put it.  Frustrating!

editor.jpg

• Like 2