Sign in to follow this  
Oric-1

Have you played Tactical Battlefield? Why did you stop?

This is an excellent mod and I can't understand why it's not more popular. A public PvP server that encourages teamwork and communication; isn't that what most Arma players want?

Would just like to know if you've played it, what you thought of it, and why you stopped playing it.

P.s. The server has gone down in numbers recently due to exams/euros/summer. It will be back.

• Like 3

I haven't played since Squad was released on Steam. 

I played it a lot. It was perfect, they used RHS and different terrains. Launcher was a nice touch to keep players updated. I am saddened by sudden loss in player numbers. I was used to play every sunday at 19:00 UTC+2. But nowadays it is just empty last few weeks. Up for anything in that time? I guess the server still runs.

Launcher is nice and simple. I was playing time to time and indeed it´s the best MP out there but somehow with few people.

I remember playing it extensively about 2 summers ago. It was amazing and exactly what I wanted in arma, despite the low FPS making it unplayable at times.

What made me stop? Mods take up a lot of space, player base was dwindling at a fast rate. Whenever I wanted to get on, the numbers were low and I didnt even want to bother. Playing a large-scale multiplayer game with only 15 players was simply boring. I would love to get into it and have more players on it especially with the new RHS updates, but my schedule is busy that it would be hard to make weekly events. I would love to just hop in a populated server at any time.

Basically: no players. Large file sizes for mods.

This is an excellent mod and I can't understand why it's not more popular. A public PvP server that encourages teamwork and communication; isn't that what most Arma players want?

Would just like to know if you've played it, what you thought of it, and why you stopped playing it.

P.s. The server has gone down in numbers recently due to exams/euros/summer. It will be back.

I want to try it. Is the community very active? TactBF always looked like what I wanted to get out of Arma 3. Then we got distracted by Exile!

TacBF is one of the best PvP experiences I had....due to summer time I haven't played for a few months and I guess I'm not alone. However, I noticed the decline in players and hope things will pick up again when summer is gone.

It's a hefty mod to DL but well worth it IMO...they have a newish TacBF Launcher that DL and sets up all the things you need!

MEGCj5p.jpg

TacBF Launcher / Downloader (new!)

Why use the launcher?

* Easy to update for us (It means we can release updates more frequently)

* Partial updates/downloads (No re-downloading entire mods)

* Quick download (No more slow 10kbps)

* Always same versions as official server (No more manual version checking)

* All mods available (Meaning no need to find mods from separate sources)

* Easy and fast update checks (It does not take 5 minutes to start)

* No install required (Yay)

http://www.tacticalbattlefield.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3444&p=26492

Or you can DL the required mods manually if you prefer...

http://www.tacticalbattlefield.net/forum/page/download

TacBF = Highly recommended if you appreciate teamwork!

/KC

• Like 1

I and my friends used to play early versions of TacBF. we stopped, because most rounds took place on Chernarus, and the FPS was always in the low teens for us (basically, unplayable). 

tried coming back recently, but seeing as the servers were always empty, didn't think that downloading 15+ GB worth of mods just to play once or twice per week was worth it. 

from my experience I can say that huge TCs like TacBF, with a dozen of dependencies, probably don't stand a chance. only the most dedicated will bother to jump through all the hoops to play, and such people have other toys (like the above mentioned Squad).

I played it, I loved it. I stopped due to me stopping playing Arma 3, but recently I am getting back into A3 but TacBF server are always empty :/

I believe TacBF on Tanoa could be interesting, atleast I think I have more FPS on Tanoa then any other map right now.

I would play it once players are back in it.